RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
aquaman

R.I.P. Fekitoa.

Agreed. If we are not transparent on these issues, than the industry will go the same way that the NSW industry almost went.

The group in charge obviously dont pay much attention to others mistakes because they are making the same right now.

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 5:41 PM, Testify said:

The result of each dog would be on the stipes personal report. May I recommend if you want to know, that you privately contact the trainers of the dogs, instead of a forum open for all eyes and you can here the direct answer from them rather than assumptions which many people make. As if they did sadly have to get euthanised im sure connections would be very upset of the loss and shouldnt have to see it posted on here like previous dogs have been. Yes stipe reports are often misleading I don't doubt that at all but im sure people use common sense in this matter of no given stand down.

Think some of this statement is just stupid. Amazing the number of likes it got. Your recommending that punters privately contact trainers of dogs if they wonder what happens to a dog that may looked injured.   

It actually tells you quite a lot about the way some think.

1 hour ago, what a post said:

Think some of this statement is just stupid. Amazing the number of likes it got. Your recommending that punters privately contact trainers of dogs if they wonder what happens to a dog that may looked injured.   

It actually tells you quite a lot about the way some think.

No, i said "if you want to know" to Aquaman. Not "if everyone/anyone wants to know", nothing about punters or anyone else. As he said "if these dogs are alive can someone please clarify this". And who better than the trainer themself or the stipe. As i fully agree with Aquaman about these sugar coated reports, they happen way to often and it will come back to bite the industry one day.

I just dont think it is necessary for every serious injury and dog to be named on social media like they have been lately. I am not "stupid" or having a dig at you, Aquaman or anyone. I just think it is not necessary to gossip on here anymore, the point was made and highly agreed with when the topic first opened, but then more and more injuries and dogs kept being named and it was just becoming a list rather than a topic. When we could be writing complaints, talking to stipes and other trainers, the club presidents, our representative on the board or even calling head office about the matter, and talk to someone who can actually try to do something about the issue and try to get the stipe reports to be written how they were acouple of years ago, instead of on here where there are few greyhound trainers and mostly horse related people, punters and where uncalled for arguements happen.

I get where your coming from However that's the nature of this social media thing. I think what often happens is people take to social media because they feel their voice is not properly heard.  I  think aquaman has highlighted something which is wrong,and will continue to be wrong until authorities put the proper processes in place to right it.  He comes across as a caring sort of bloke,as you seem to, both with the best interests of your sport at heart.  Personally I think if highlighting this subject puts the spotlight on it in some way,then that is a good thing. I always think if correct processes are in place,then they are easily defended.

CH CH Friday Oct 27th......Pat Allie (6) bumped with inside greyhound rounding first bend. Faltered when exiting the bend after clipping heels. Is this the new policy of Stipe reporting. No Vet check called for. I have never seen a greyhound that falters after clipping heels not get a Vet check. Is this double speak for euthanised?.

After reading this substandard report, one cannot help but notice ,the only Vet checks called for are for runners that are getting holidays for head turning or non chasing. It is devoid of reports on dogs referred to Vet for suspected injuries sustained in racing.

These reports only get worse, in fact, they should not be called reports, but rather spin.