RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Scotch Thistle

Skinny fields for Ellerslie and New Plymouth this weekend

41 minutes ago, eastern whipbird said:

Informant says 55 have paid up for 6 races. Will the announcers continue to call Ellerslie "headquarters" or should we be resigned to the fact that like every other sport in Auckland, racing is the pits run by simpletons?

The way I see it this is a case of trainers/ owners voting with their feet and deciding not to enter here when the track is in such an appallingly bad state.

Maybe it's time to debate the fact Ellerslie allegedly has 40 million in cash reserves, with as much as another 60 million pending, yet they seem to be considering a compromise solution to their track issues when clearly they could close for a year, spend say 12-15 mill, and do a world class Strathayr alternative.

Is that a reasonable assessment of the situation ? and is the ARC showing the leadership qualities we could and should expect from a flagship club ?

A band aid is not the option, do it once, do it properly. I hear a few of the heirachy are a bit touchy on the subject to. 

It is the best course in NZ when it is right, please bring it back into the track that everyone used to love racing on, it is far from that now and a patch up job isn't going to help!

2 hours ago, Chris Wood said:

A band aid is not the option, do it once, do it properly. I hear a few of the heirachy are a bit touchy on the subject to. 

It is the best course in NZ when it is right, please bring it back into the track that everyone used to love racing on, it is far from that now and a patch up job isn't going to help!

Nice try with Wooden Edge too Chris.....;)

It was legitimate Ohoka, he was registered as a brown or grey gelding, I rang Carey a Hobbs on nomination day, and he confirmed with NZTR that he could be nominated. Thursday I got the word that he could not run and his description had since changed on his original horse details on his stable return.

My fault, I think not!

It is a pity they can't handle plenty of other muck ups with as much haste!

The Ellerslie track was very tough on horses yesterday. A couple of Rogeys just about stopped in the last 200. A guy tried to tell me that there was resistance to remediating the track and some trainers oppose it too! Can that be true?

Hey Leo I see your man got the position in spite of you promoting him. Have they tossed you a bone and can we expect some love in a while.

Also, but unrelated, I see your new joint by the water in yuppy central got a great restaurant review. i'm told these are hard to get so - Well Done!