RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Dopey

Burgundy vs. Darci Brahma

I have pondered this also D.  Of course Darci has the runs on the board as an established sire while Burgundy is just starting out.

I like both of them a lot.  Hard to resist that female line and of course they each have top class sires.  And both have significant backers and broodmare bands to support them.

Seem quite different horses in terms of type however.     

I don't think I have the answerr to your question but would love to hear any cafers' experiences with the progeny of each - especially Burgundy who we are still learning about ...

Cheers, J 

1 hour ago, BruceL said:

Clearly No, Still early days for Burgundy and Darci Brahma has plenty of runs on the board,

Darci has sired 30 Stakeswinners including 7 G1 winner's, good luck chasing that!

So another question, you think breeding to Darci is more commercial going forward compared to burgundy?

Probably neither , Unless Burgundy really kicks up and the quality of mares increases.

Cant see Aussies overly interested in a moderately performed son of Redoute's with all the options they have in Aus, still very early days for Burgundy but has made a promising start and will be a watch on him

4 minutes ago, BruceL said:

Probably neither , Unless Burgundy really kicks up and the quality of mares increases.

Cant see Aussies overly interested in a moderately performed son of Redoute's with all the options they have in Aus, still very early days for Burgundy but has made a promising start and will be a watch on him

Fair comment 

39 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Fair comment 

I agree with you guys.  But as we often say - depends a bit what you are breeding for -yearling  sales - offshore market - tried horse market - breed to race.

I'm the latter and I like both these horses. A lot.  Am I right in saying Burgundy hasn't had huge support maybe so far? - probably due to the fact (as Bruce observes) his performance didn't reach the heights of many of the top-ranked sires.  But I'm prepared to back the fact that at his current fee I can expect a better than even chance of breeding something pretty handy - with a chance of sneaking a real good `un... :P

J

Yes G he really has done a pretty good job at stud IMO.  The main thing he's up against is the fads and fashions that are TB breeding and the way we breeders get lured into trying"the next best thing" when the new horses hit the market each season - rather than sticking with the tried and true  ....  J

On 9/23/2017 at 3:49 PM, BruceL said:

Clearly No, Still early days for Burgundy and Darci Brahma has plenty of runs on the board,

Darci has sired 30 Stakeswinners including 7 G1 winner's, good luck chasing that!

That's two group winners ...

It's early days yet for Burgundy ... plenty still to chase if you're comparing him with DB ...but I have a feeling after a few more show up round the place, the service fee in 2018 may not be the 2017 price .......

PS:  not sure we'd take much from the comparison of first 2y/o crop - but by the end of the first year of 3y/o it would be interesting to compare notes .. anyone know what Burgundy is chasing as far as where Darci ended up after his first crop of 3y/o? 

1 hour ago, Dopey said:

That's two group winners ...

Great start but long way away away from comparing to Darci Brahma, that was the topic.

28 stakes including 7 G1 winners behind!