RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
chelseacol

Hastings Track Conditions

5 minutes ago, mark burridge said:

sun out good breeze,warm as well

Great news - despite starting this thread as I was worried a cock up had occurred for the middle day - I like HB Racing and wish them all the best for tomorrow. Actually I'm really missing not being up there for the Punter of the Year comp

On 10/5/2017 at 5:19 PM, Berri said:

Met service is crap. With only 52 weather station to cover the whole of NZ the resolution is shite. Not accurate enough for us. In addition, the algorithm they use is crap. Their accuracy is 53% 7 days in advance. We use 1136 weather stations and a completely different algorithm. 83% accuracy 10 day out

Met service predicted  rain today  last Saturday  

Good on the Club for using their brains and groundhogging the track.

Met service 1

Berri 0

1 hour ago, Whyisit said:

Met service predicted  rain today  last Saturday  

Good on the Club for using their brains and groundhogging the track.

Met service 1

Berri 0

Met service predicted 10 mls Thursday last week. I have the record because I'm trying to understand the differences.Don't talk with forked tongue. We all need to standardise this stuff and a weather station needs to be on course. 

1 hour ago, Berri said:

Met service predicted 10 mls Thursday last week. I have the record because I'm trying to understand the differences.Don't talk with forked tongue. We all need to standardise this stuff and a weather station needs to be on course. 

How come you have no rain. Looks wet to me  or doesn’t it count unless there is 10 mls. 

Don't be petulant. Weather forecasting is no exact science and that's why correlations are quoted. Also, as continuously quoted, there needs to be a station on course to squeak out the final accuracies. You said, to enhance your petulance , that the met service predicted rain today. I said not quite...they predicted 10 mls on Thursday. That didn't arrive. We thought it would be fine today, which on 9 of the 13 stations in the vicinity (within 20kms) shows it was. 

I would have thought that you should be discussing the state of the track as  that was the more important issue. 1.25 for 1400m shows 10mls not required on Wednesday 

This time not poor management like the middle day, just a very poor track that is in bad shape and just cant handle any rain, no way it should have deteriorated from a Good 3 at the start of the day to what it is now.

Feel sorry for the club this time, but the track is straight out not up to it and in poor shape.

Just now, gubellini said:

Expect more of the same in the future. Same old story. Grotesquely excessive salaries at the top table of NZ Racing and not enough investment in track maintenance at key tracks like Hastings. 

How is this NZTR fault?  you cant have your cake and eat it. You either have money going towards stakes or you have money going to infrastructure. This is down to the clubs not willing to look towards the future and cut the amount of tracks and come together to make the industry better. Clubs are too stubborn and give to much say in what happens things need to change or things will keep on going as they always have.

18 minutes ago, chevy86 said:

Slight mitigating factor --that Bostonian was boring in all the way down the straight and still doing the same as it turned after the post so contributed to it's own slipping.

May have to retract a little--just seen another angle coverage and horse was not leaning on one inside as they turned--Mark du Plessis confirmed it was "slippery grass on top of firmer layer '. Cut the grass!!

I'm damn sure when we went to race meetings in the 70-80's, there was none of this nonsense. Abandonments were unheard of.

So what's changed ? Weather patterns may have altered, but grass still grows the same. Thinking about it, the better tracks back then on the Coast were the Foxtons, Marton, Opaki and the like...clearly they were better than what we have now.

2 minutes ago, hesi said:

Now, would, could it ever happen that NZTR take group racing off Hawkes Bay until their track is up to standard........... unlikely,

And race where Hesi?  Te Aroha? Ellerslie? Awapuni? Trentham? All the tracks are stuffed.

Ohokaman the difference is that back in the 70's and 80's  track managers and even a lot of committee members had extensive farming backgrounds and new about pasture growth and management. Many clubs also strip grazed sheep to consolidate the track surfaces.

5 minutes ago, gubellini said:

Ohokaman the difference is that back in the 70's and 80's  track managers and even a lot of committee members had extensive farming backgrounds and new about pasture growth and management. Many clubs also strip grazed sheep to consolidate the track surfaces.

Yes that's true Gub...Opaki and places like Tauherenikau were good examples....it's a bloody farce now.....:angry:

21 minutes ago, hesi said:

They need a total restructuring of the way Racing is set up in NZ before it is too late and not worth it.

As an example and comparison, the McLean Park pitch was not up to standard so NZ Cricket took international matches off Hawkes Bay.

Now, would, could it ever happen that NZTR take group racing off Hawkes Bay until their track is up to standard........... unlikely, so there's the prob, so sort of agree with you.

I'm just pleased I didn't waste any money on any bets at HB today.

Bad example, McLean park is still farked and nothing will be happening there in the next 12 months to 2 yrs.

1 hour ago, chevy86 said:

Meeting in jeopardy again! As I have said before, horses not slipping because of soil. The grass is too bloody long!! 

I agree.Dont know why they seem intent on having such long grass on galloping tracks.I know it a bit different but the grass trotting tracks generally about the length of my lawn a couple of days after mowing whereas galloping tracks look like my lawn after 3 weeks spring growth.

Just now, richie said:

I agree.Dont know why they seem intent on having such long grass on galloping tracks.I know it a bit different but the grass trotting tracks generally about the length of my lawn a couple of days after mowing whereas galloping tracks look like my lawn after 3 weeks spring growth.

Some of those jockeys shuffling around inspecting the track could have gone missing in the damned long grass. I hope someone did a stock-take of the jocks!