RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
chelseacol

Hastings Track Conditions

On 9/29/2017 at 5:36 PM, puha said:

Come on guys move on !!!! Start your moaning about the latest round of irritating at least . :)

On 9/30/2017 at 10:50 AM, Berri said:

So lets have a look at this and I've got to put  caveat on this because we don't have a weather station on the course. If there's anything that I've learnt and that is that a few kilometres can make a big difference when it comes to weather. The way the topography and physical features of any surrounding area influences this.

So on Saturday 30th at about 3pm there will be a bit of rain and between 2-4mm will drop. That bit of rain will be gone by 6-7pm. The wind will be from the E-ESE approx 8kph

On Sunday 1st October (opening trout fishing) the rain will come back at approx 11.00am.That will hang around until approx 6.00pm. Approx 2-4mm Wind 3.00pm 23kph ENE

On Monday 2nd fine weather top 18c and wind 37kph WSW

Tuesday 3rd fine top 18, wind 8kph from E

Wednesday 4th fine top 20 at 2pm wind from N 10kph

Thursday 5th slight rain by 7.30am 3mm to drop, top 16c by 11.00am, wind 24kph from SSE at 12.00pm

Friday 6th Top 15c, wind 14kph from E, overcast with spots

Saturday 7th fine Top 16, wind 14kph from E

So the caveat is that this is not from a weather station on the course. 

God will look after the issue...mow long yesterday, put up with what rain we get and enjoy the day !

Agree with Puha, and that would be my take on your long term forecast Berri...(which is pretty correct, so far)

Over and out, let the best horse win...(Gingernuts...good,dead or soft)...

admittedly Kawi would have liked it firmer day 2 ! ...not nice to watch...even though I backed Gingernuts !...Thats racing !

9 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

I see rain forecast tonight or tmw and they put 10mls of irrigation on last night...dont they ever learn...

What forecast are you looking at?

1 hour ago, scooby3051 said:

I see rain forecast tonight or tmw and they put 10mls of irrigation on last night...dont they ever learn...

It was bloody hot n windy in the bay today are you after a fast 1 ?

39 minutes ago, puha said:

It was bloody hot n windy in the bay today are you after a fast 1 ?

Mate - wouldn't it be awesome to see a Fast 1!!  If our horses are so soft they can't stand running on a well grassed track for a mile or so without breaking down - then the NZ TB is stuffed anyway!

Can't see the showers coming to much so you may get your eish without the dust clouds . Here's hoping for a great day and I see it's likely to be minus the westerlies on the day .:) . Here's hoping we don't have a week of people moaning the track was  to hard  come Sunday.

Met service 6 days ago said that it would rain 10mm tonight. Utter bollocks. Their algorithm is pretty average. Track at the moment a Dead 5. Will be interesting to see if track gets to a Firm 3 which is what the track should be for a championship

8 hours ago, Berri said:

Met service 6 days ago said that it would rain 10mm tonight. Utter bollocks. Their algorithm is pretty average. Track at the moment a Dead 5. Will be interesting to see if track gets to a Firm 3 which is what the track should be for a championship

With all this weather knowledge you've been banging on about please tell us you haven't been using the computer generated info of the Met Service? Most unreliable source available when you need data that far out.

3 hours ago, puha said:

The weather 30 kms south of Hastings is looking quite threatening  right now. Be interesting if it hits or goes around Coast .

I looked out from Havelock North towards Puha country (about 30 mins after his post) and it was definitely grey and threatening coming from the south, but it came to nothing and seemed to scoot along the ranges.

10 hours ago, puha said:

With all this weather knowledge you've been banging on about please tell us you haven't been using the computer generated info of the Met Service? Most unreliable source available when you need data that far out.

Met service is crap. With only 52 weather station to cover the whole of NZ the resolution is shite. Not accurate enough for us. In addition, the algorithm they use is crap. Their accuracy is 53% 7 days in advance. We use 1136 weather stations and a completely different algorithm. 83% accuracy 10 day out