RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
LongOwner

Track fees - private training & trial day -All Stars

4 hours ago, LongOwner said:

Can someone tell me if All Stars when they take over Addington stables and track for their own session - 25 horses - pay anything?

If not paying for the privilege then why not ? 

Can someone tell me what business it is of yours?

Don't know what they do there but I know at washdyke they had a policy of not charging  some visiting trainers who bought their horses to be trained at the track on an irregular basis. I discussed this with the now retired caretaker two years ago who said it was standard policy.  The policy seemed to be to get the local battling trainers to pay while allowing the more well known to pay nothing.  Having said that  I would imagine the all stars would be quite happy to pay at addington if asked.

28 minutes ago, Thejanitor said:

The obvious point is he is wondering why one rule for some and another for others. 

If the track and stables are available for private training / trial use then it should be openly stated on the club web page .

it should be available for everyone and it is either free or charged out per horse - it should never be for the use of only one party/trainer.

Also what about North Canterbury running offical trials on the same day - they run something nearly every week and the lost of 25 entry fees by the biggest trainer in Canterbury is a dent in their bank balance and budget .

Transperancy is required and every trainer in NZ should be offered the same !

2 hours ago, what a post said:

Don't know what they do there but I know at washdyke they had a policy of not charging  some visiting trainers who bought their horses to be trained at the track on an irregular basis. I discussed this with the now retired caretaker two years ago who said it was standard policy.  The policy seemed to be to get the local battling trainers to pay while allowing the more well known to pay nothing.  Having said that  I would imagine the all stars would be quite happy to pay at addington if asked.

The obvious point is he is wondering why one rule for some and another for others. 

3 hours ago, Thejanitor said:

Because I paid trial fees at Rangiora on the same day - so only fair if you using the best track and stables in Canterbury you must pay . Also ,what business is it of yours to be so abrupt. Do you pay anyone trial fees or training fees ? 

2 hours ago, LongOwner said:

If the track and stables are available for private training / trial use then it should be openly stated on the club web page .

it should be available for everyone and it is either free or charged out per horse - it should never be for the use of only one party/trainer.

Also what about North Canterbury running offical trials on the same day - they run something nearly every week and the lost of 25 entry fees by the biggest trainer in Canterbury is a dent in their bank balance and budget .

Transperancy is required and every trainer in NZ should be offered the same !

You raise some very valid points. you could add in the cost of transport and driving fees at the trials..

Surely addington would be available to any stable on arranged days,have you asked them?

Surely this must be the case as its blatantly obvious that if clubs give preferential treatment to some they create resentment against themselves and those receiving the preferential treatment.  

5 hours ago, LongOwner said:

Because I paid trial fees at Rangiora on the same day - so only fair if you using the best track and stables in Canterbury you must pay . Also ,what business is it of yours to be so abrupt. Do you pay anyone trial fees or training fees ? 

Abrupt? Hardly. You are the one being abrupt... coming on this forum making wild accusations and generalisations with zero facts to back up your allegations. Why don't you get the facts before coming here with your sweeping allegations? The simple answer is if you want to know call Addington Raceway and ask if they charge for the use of the track? If they do your whingeing post is meaningless, if they don't you can start taking your horses there instead of paying trial fees elsewhere.