RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
bazach

Publication "New Zealand Sporting and Thoroughbred Yearbook"

Just wondering if cafers of old knew of this weighty tomb (hard cover 800 pages). I found one in a second hand bookshop. It contains over 550 pages in the thoroughbred section and has full details of every race held in the 1968/69 season, together with a table of the breeding, owner and trainer of every placed horse. The preface to the book says "we present the very first edition.....". I wonder if it was also the only edition as I was involved in thoroughbreds from the early 1970s but never knew this publication existed. It's certainly a great store of information about stakes, race times, and people and horses involved at that time.

bazach a similar publication at that time was The NZ Racing Form Record compiled weekly and published by Stewart McGrail long time Central Districts judge. I have a copy of the 1980-81 Season publication. 1060 pages it covers every thoroughbred race that season with a commentary on each runner.

bazach also in the 1980-1 Season appeared Racehorses of New Zealand published by Dalgety NZ Bloodstock Division. 788 pages of commentaries and ratings. Editor John Richardson. Flat Racing Section compiled by John Richardson. Richard Tong and Marshall Carter. Handicap Ratings by John Richardson. Jumping Section- Edited and Compiled and Handicap Ratings by Ken Browne.