RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rdytdy

Bonneval

14 minutes ago, Memphis2 said:

Whoops e daisey as my dear old mother used to say. 

Rotten luck there as support for this horse was gaining a lot of momentum. Anyway plenty more to get behind and still time for another to catch ones eye 

Amelies Choice gets in now Memphis.....a silver lining for Weir...?? ;)

1 hour ago, Trump said:

Race Club Vets have this morning inspected Bonneval and have advised that in their opinion, she is still lame and will need to satisfy a further Vets inspection before being allowed to start on Sat ! :(

You have got to be joking!!!! :angry:

I'd get an independent vet inspection from a Vet used by a well known Melb trainer, and I'd do it quickly so that they can contest any other inspection before Saturday.   If she's deemed lame so be it, better they find out and don't run her if she is, but if found sound, they can then get a third done on Friday and push it if Terry is being sloth like in getting his Vet feedback.

It's interesting. I've a mate who is a "leading Vet" and looks after a lot of top stables. I mentioned the "Kiwi" thing and he said that it's all bullshit. The Vets (he said) have to make a call and advise the appropriate authority (race club, stewards etc) whether or not a horse is fit to race. One of the things he mentioned to me is "the safety of the field". If they let a horse run that shows the slightest sign of lameness, they have to scratch. If they let it run, it breaks down mid-race and brings down a few, resulting in the death/serious injury to a jockey and afterwards it's revealed that it was lame and known/judged to be so by the Vets, then the lawsuits would be supersonic. OSH and co are kings and even more so today. 

1 hour ago, Chestnut said:

I'd get an independent vet inspection from a Vet used by a well known Melb trainer, and I'd do it quickly so that they can contest any other inspection before Saturday.   If she's deemed lame so be it, better they find out and don't run her if she is, but if found sound, they can then get a third done on Friday and push it if Terry is being sloth like in getting his Vet feedback.

An Independant Vet inspection is worth buckleys. Racing Victoria or MRC will use it's own appointed Vets and their word is set in stone.

1 hour ago, Trump said:

It's interesting. I've a mate who is a "leading Vet" and looks after a lot of top stables. I mentioned the "Kiwi" thing and he said that it's all bullshit. The Vets (he said) have to make a call and advise the appropriate authority (race club, stewards etc) whether or not a horse is fit to race. One of the things he mentioned to me is "the safety of the field". If they let a horse run that shows the slightest sign of lameness, they have to scratch. If they let it run, it breaks down mid-race and brings down a few, resulting in the death/serious injury to a jockey and afterwards it's revealed that it was lame and known/judged to be so by the Vets, then the lawsuits would be supersonic. OSH and co are kings and even more so today. 

Elvis "Ricky" Thurgood. 

Again, this issue highlights the huge cavern between Kiwi & Oz racing.  Apart from the animal welfare issue (which is huge & rightly so), the stewards have the rights of the punter (you know, the people that actually stump up the money for racing) to protect.  The punter is king and everything needs to be open and transparent. Regardless of the Chief Steward's reputation, this proposed inspection is certainly needed and welcomed as there is too much invested on the Doubles/prepost betting.

1 hour ago, La Zip said:

Again, this issue highlights the huge cavern between Kiwi & Oz racing.  Apart from the animal welfare issue (which is huge & rightly so), the stewards have the rights of the punter (you know, the people that actually stump up the money for racing) to protect.  The punter is king and everything needs to be open and transparent. Regardless of the Chief Steward's reputation, this proposed inspection is certainly needed and welcomed as there is too much invested on the Doubles/prepost betting.

But wouldn't all those punters who invested on doubles/prepost betting all done their dough cold if they scratch her. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, La Zip said:

The "Animal Welfare" thing is getting bigger and better in Oz. Eg, When a horse finishes it's racing, you have to advise Racing Authorities of its future home etc. If Bonneval is showing any sign of lameness, they will not allow her to take her place in the CC - which may result in a meeting with Winx in the CP :) I don't think the punter is foremost in their minds when deciding on whether a horse is fit to run or not. Its Animal Welfare and Safety. 

3 minutes ago, rdytdy said:

But wouldn't all those punters who invested on doubles/prepost betting all done their dough cold if they scratch her. :rolleyes:

Correct Ted. That's why Safety and animal welfare are their priorities. Punting would be third most. If she starts then millions will be invested on her all around Aust/NZ since final acceptances. It's that money that will be refunded if she's scratched. (The big punters don't usually bet "All-in".)

33 minutes ago, Mattski said:

The vet reckons she's slightly lame (1/5). Murray Baker reckons she's all good and he knows his horses. Who do we believe?

His opinion will not sway the RV Vets. They will make their own call. 

The scans they did came back fine, and she has been doing all her work and not having any treatment, so it would be a big call to pull her out. I think if I owned her I'd want her to be 100% going into a race like this, huge risk to take with such a talented mare.