RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rdytdy

Bonneval

53 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

I thought they rode her so she couldn’t win....their prerogative of course, a nice quiet run off a slowish tempo, with a 600m anaerobic dash home to tune you up when you’ve got a nice race worth 3 million next Saturday.

I’d still be on her in the CC.

Spot on

why Damian ran up a closing lane only he would know ?

if its fit , just keep putting more on like boris does with his Californian poppy 

6 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Murray seemed pretty happy in that radio interview today. Bullish about all of them. Hope Lizzie does the biz today.

https://www.racenet.com.au/news/caulfield-cup-favourite-passes-vet-check-but-stablemate-poses-threat-20171015

That Cranbourne track had a fastlane and on pace runners won all day. Impossible to make ground from the back.

Lizzie was pretty disappointing all the same. 

2 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

That Cranbourne track had a fastlane and on pace runners won all day. Impossible to make ground from the back.

Mostly true Oey but the best sectional all day was search squad out wider,Those of you punting before 11.38 on NZ tab got $50/$11 instead of the mainstream quote of 18/4 quite unlucky 

12 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Maybe, but in race 5, Craig Williams brought Banish from near the rear to win in the last stride didn't he ? Also, re the Cup Winner, if you were watching Thoroughbred Weekly on Sky Sun morn and saw the interview from Snowden Stable with the Redzel team, you would have picked up a subtle tip for the Cup winner from its jock, K McEvoy ! 9/2 beautiful! Not sure about Lizzy. I haven't backed her in any of herc3 starts in Oz. If she starts in a race at Flemington during the carnival, she might be at juicy odds now and worth throwing into Tri/F4 combos. But she's too risky to punt on - for mine.

You are right - the UK trainers and staying horses are very good Trumpy.

I thought Bonneval made up good ground at top of straight but was average the last 50m. Is she feeling the hard tracks?

The best cup trial was Johannes Vermeer - but how will he back up next week?

57 minutes ago, Mattski said:

You are right - the UK trainers and staying horses are very good Trumpy.

I thought Bonneval made up good ground at top of straight but was average the last 50m. Is she feeling the hard tracks?

The best cup trial was Johannes Vermeer - but how will he back up next week?

Not sure you'll see Vermeer in the CC. Lloyd is only interested in the MC. Everything else is a side show. If O'Brien thinks He is a MC chance, then he'll either go into the MC without another start, or head to the Cox as a lead up (remember Efficient?). 

1 hour ago, Trump said:

Maybe, but in race 5, Craig Williams brought Banish from near the rear to win in the last stride didn't he ? Also, re the Cup Winner, if you were watching Thoroughbred Weekly on Sky Sun morn and saw the interview from Snowden Stable with the Redzel team, you would have picked up a subtle tip for the Cup winner from its jock, K McEvoy ! 9/2 beautiful! Not sure about Lizzy. I haven't backed her in any of herc3 starts in Oz. If she starts in a race at Flemington during the carnival, she might be at juicy odds now and worth throwing into Tri/F4 combos. But she's too risky to punt on - for mine.

Murray Baker did say he would have liked to get another run into her and was worried about that small track. Flemington would certainly suit her better, and a bit of rain would also help. I did see TW and McEvoy's comment but didn't take enough notice....:wacko:

Just now, Ohokaman said:

Murray Baker did say he would have liked to get another run into her and was worried about that small track. Flemington would certainly suit her better, and a bit of rain would also help. I did see TW and McEvoy's comment but didn't take enough notice....:wacko:

Rushing from Sydney to ride at Cranbourne, after picking up $145,000 for his win on Redzel - that's a tip ! Shame on you Ohakason ! :)

On 10/15/2017 at 9:50 AM, hesi said:

Bonneval and Johannes Vermeer were side by side at the 600, and JV absolutely ate her over the final 200

And he meets her 1kg better off in the Caulfield Cup...

He's a classy animal - a Group 1 winner over 1400m, and two-starts back was 2nd, beaten half a length over 2400m in a Group 3.

https://www.racingandsports.com.au/horse/form/johannes-vermeer-1016688

4 hours ago, Trump said:

Rushing from Sydney to ride at Cranbourne, after picking up $145,000 for his win on Redzel - that's a tip ! Shame on you Ohakason ! :)

A lazy $290,000 for the Everest win. Not bad.

13 minutes ago, Kent said:

A lazy $290,000 for the Everest win. Not bad.

Jockeys get 5% in Oz Kent and I doubt that the owners would throw in another 5% in such a rich race. Those days are over. $145k is plenty for less than 70seconds work.

15 minutes ago, Trump said:

Jockeys get 5% in Oz Kent and I doubt that the owners would throw in another 5% in such a rich race. Those days are over. $145k is plenty for less than 70seconds work.

5% of the 1st prizemoney is $290,000

4 hours ago, Trump said:

Looks like he is going to run in the CC after all. My own selection given the current likely field, is Admire Deus, from Ventura Storm. But if it's a Slow 6 or worse, I'll have to re-evaluate!

I'm a bit surprised Admire Deus is in there Trumpy, thought he was a good thing in the MC. That run in the Tenno Sho behind Kitasan Black was enormous..they broke the world record for 3200m by over a minute, running an unbelievable 3.12.5...that is 8 seconds faster than Almandin took to win last years Cup....Kingston Rule holds the record for the race at 3.16.3......:o

Weir still has Amelies Choice there too and she will be a chance if she gets a run. 

1 hour ago, Ohokaman said:

I'm a bit surprised Admire Deus is in there Trumpy, thought he was a good thing in the MC. That run in the Tenno Sho behind Kitasan Black was enormous..they broke the world record for 3200m by over a minute, running an unbelievable 3.12.5...that is 8 seconds faster than Almandin took to win last years Cup....Kingston Rule holds the record for the race at 3.16.3......:o

Weir still has Amelies Choice there too and she will be a chance if she gets a run. 

That should be " by over a second.." obviously......:rolleyes:

It's a real training first for Weir. When he was asked to train the horse he apparently had staff in Japan training him "before" he came out to quarantine in Melbourne. After 2 G1 wins last Sat, the Weir magic is on song. 

23 hours ago, Trump said:

Looks like he is going to run in the CC after all. My own selection given the current likely field, is Admire Deus, from Ventura Storm. But if it's a Slow 6 or worse, I'll have to re-evaluate!

Whoops e daisey as my dear old mother used to say. 

Rotten luck there as support for this horse was gaining a lot of momentum. Anyway plenty more to get behind and still time for another to catch ones eye