RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rdytdy

Bonneval

11 hours ago, pogo(aus) said:

Outridden on hartnell ?:blink:

www.hollows.org

the winner was clearly superior.

mcevoy will be on bonneval in the caulfield cup :o

imho2

Giving away weight to obvious main threat you would think that KM would position in front of it and he had a chance to do so. Poor ride and the one on the 3yr old was ordinary as well.

6 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Giving away weight to obvious main threat you would think that KM would position in front of it and he had a chance to do so. Poor ride and the one on the 3yr old was ordinary as well.

Guilty of underestimating Bonneval. They will come to learn you can't give her a length start.

Bring on anything else up to 2400 this prep. She's special.

1 hour ago, Sandpiper said:

Guilty of underestimating Bonneval. They will come to learn you can't give her a length start.

Bring on anything else up to 2400 this prep. She's special.

Given KM is riding her next start and the Godolphin horse it will be interesting to see what riding tactics will be employed, especially the 3 yr old.

Hartnell would have been parked deep going up the hill if they went forward. Don't know what else he could have done from the draw but go back. Simple fact is the horse is not racing as well as he once did. Had the winners back off a strong pace and simply wasn't good enough.

Remains to be seen if she is better than Jon Snow and Gingernuts - they both looked pretty good at their last starts as well.  

I suspect she would probably beat them if they met, but the proof is in the pudding.

1 hour ago, N1MUE said:

Remains to be seen if she is better than Jon Snow and Gingernuts - they both looked pretty good at their last starts as well.  

I suspect she would probably beat them if they met, but the proof is in the pudding.

I will go out on a limb and say that she is better. 

I am looking forward to laying against her in Leo's competition, with ANYTHING but Winx.

Its always nice to know your not alone

Analysis: What looked to be a walking race on paper turned out to be a bit of a staying test, run in the second fastest time since the race switched to 1800m in 1994. It was just an even tempo for the first half of the race but they poured the pressure on from the 1000m setting it up for Bonneval to charge home over the top. She's airborne and will be competitive in whatever they run her in. They got it wrong on Hartnell . When he jumped so well they should have rolled forward and got the soft run fourth that Black Heart Bart took,

Maybe the idoit that wrote that should watch the replay n0 ?

go forward and the others would have made sure he be pasted wide, n0?

or settle behind the main danger with a cold sit.

Boris sayed hartnell would not beat bonneval with a rocket up its dinger.

:o

Talk about jockey bashing :blink:

7 minutes ago, zelda kratchanova 2 said:

Maybe the idoit that wrote that should watch the replay n0 ?

go forward and the others would have made sure he be pasted wide, n0?

or settle behind the main danger with a cold sit.

Boris sayed hartnell would not beat bonneval with a rocket up its dinger.

:o

Talk about jockey bashing :blink:

Its from Racenet and the analyst is an Ozzie by the name of Cameron Happ

Cassidy can’t see past Cambridge mare

By Wally O'Hearn, on October 11th, 2017
bonneval_0802-Darryl-Sherer-Underwood-50

The Pumper’s Cups tip: Bonneval (Hugh Bowman) proving too good in the Gr. 1 Underwood Stakes.

Top trainers Murray Baker and Andrew Forsman are hoping the former great jockey Jim Cassidy is as good a judge as he believes.

In an interview with one of the leading Australian websites, racing.com, Cassidy, a member of the NZ Racing Hall Of Fame, has declared the Baker and Forsman-trained Bonneval as the winner of this year’s Caulfield Cup.

And Cassidy, who was known as “The Pumper” during his memorable race riding days, feels Bonneval can complete the coveted Caulfield – Melbourne Cups double – a feat no horse has achieved since another Cambridge-trained mare, Ethereal, in 2001.

Jim-Cassidy.jpg

Jim Cassidy would want Bonneval as his Cups mount.

“Bonneval is a moral,” Cassidy said of the dual Oaks winner who is unbeaten in her two Melbourne starts this campaign and attempting to chase her seventh win in succession in Saturday’s Gr.1 $A1 million Labrokes (Caulfield) Stakes over 2000 metres.

“She’s all class and just keeps winning. Her Underwood Stakes victory was first rate. She had to dig deep off a strong tempo.

“If I was chasing down a ride, she’s the one I want.”

In the racing.com interview, Cassidy then heaped praise on Baker.

“How good is he? Every year he comes across from New Zealand and wins a big race,” he said. “The horses are tough, typical Kiwis.”

The champion jockey proceeded to ask ‘What price is Bonneval to do the Cups double’?

Punters can secure $42 about the dual Oaks hero to win the Caulfield Cup-Melbourne Cup double.

“Take some of that now and go and wait in the queue,” said Cassidy.

24 minutes ago, rdytdy said:

A bloody poor ride by Lane!!!!

In what way?  She drew the outside so he didn't have much choice but to drop her back.  He worked her into the race only one off the fence coming to the turn.  Ran into a little traffic around the 300m mark but switched to the inside and found clear running after which she just battled.  Looked a bit flat and I don't think Damian Lane is to blame.  Nice ride from him in the Toorak.

On 10/2/2017 at 6:53 PM, N1MUE said:

advantage Jon Snow?

As long as Bonneval comes through ok health wise from yesterday's race I wouldn't be too concerned. 

She is a long striding mare that needs to be able to wind up with a clear run, she can sustain a long sprint. She was ridden too far back, giving the leaders sixteen lengths at the 1000m and had been taken to the inside. Sitting well back and then looking for room and having to change ground s not the go for this mare. Look at her starting to go when  she saw some clear air on the line. She put in some big strides as they crossed. 

have a look at her previous wins all down the outer with a sustained finish. 

11 minutes ago, Trump said:

As long as no health issues, I thought it was " A nice CC Trial". :)

Lame near the fore and laceration to the rear hind pastern....must be some doubt now Trumpy.

Get on Lizzie at Cranbourne today just in case.....;)