RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ohokaman

English Football gone mad....??

Football gone mad...???
Great to see Chris Wood increasing his pay packet from a miserly £8000 to £50,000 a week now he's in the Premiership. The money in this League is mind boggling. To maximise their income the Premier split the games up into seven packages which were auctioned off.

Sky paid £4.1B for 5 packages covering 126 live matches. BT paid £960m for the other two.

Payouts to Clubs were like this :

No automatic alt text available.

The biggest disgrace is that West Ham Utd received less money than Bournemouth. West Ham's payment should have been bumped up to equal with Arsenals; due to having a great history and having won the 1966 World Cup for England.

On 8/23/2017 at 9:56 AM, Uriah Heap said:

The biggest disgrace is that West Ham Utd received less money than Bournemouth. West Ham's payment should have been bumped up to equal with Arsenals; due to having a great history and having won the 1966 World Cup for England.

Good stuff Uriah - although after watching them live at a poor Newcastle in the early hours of Sunday morning I think they should be paying it all back :ph34r:

Cant beat the good old days mate - quite a team in the day.

Funnily enough my sister in laws family are from Bridgnorth - few time I've caught the train to Wolverhampton and been picked up and driven past Molineux. Never been to a match there though....

4 hours ago, chelseacol said:

Cant beat the good old days mate - quite a team in the day.

Funnily enough my sister in laws family are from Bridgnorth - few time I've caught the train to Wolverhampton and been picked up and driven past Molineux. Never been to a match there though....

Great stadium Col, atmosphere always good there. We'll be ok if we can get up this season, Fosun have pretty deep pockets and have just posted a £690m profit for the first six months of 2017.....;)

On 8/31/2017 at 2:33 PM, Ohokaman said:

Liverpool pay £50m for Oxlade Chamberlain.......???!!!! :o

Just what we need - another attacking midfielder (and an average one at that).  Don't worry about a centre half or a striker!