RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
shaneMcAlister

Video on racing speech. Worth a watch

What a breath of fresh air! Passion, did his homework, and while not accurate on some concerns, he's doing a wonderful job bringing this serious issue to the fore. At least there's talk, under Guy, nada, zilch, he was dragged kicking and screaming to the table, thank God he's history.......Winnie and NZ First maybe the only people that can institute change.

Damien O'Connor made some very good points and put the new Labour led govt behind the industry with real change going forward.

The only party not on board is the greens but they do make some valid points about live betting and the extension of betting to other sports and areas not presently covered.

I would be interested to know what we pay for all the racing and sport we import.

We could be the net loser if the offshore agencies ramp up their charges.

Of course the real concern if a Party like NZ First are successful is what they do with any financial assistance given to the industry.

Surely don't want a situation like last time where the money was fretted away on top end stakes and had very little beneficial impact to the industry.

Infrastructure and base are where any funds should be applied and a long term approach taken, the industry is so broken therer are no quick fixes! 

Sadly, much of the impetus to revive the racing industry has been lost under the present Government’s neglect.

in Trumps post on Winnies 10 point plan.

I said that I voted for Winnie in the last election... he went with National, to form a majority...never rocked the boat, or heard a squeak from him

as National have sat on their hands during the recent demise of NZ racing. (Nathan Guy being the worst offender)...DID I READ IT ALL WRONG?

Now nearing election, he comes up with this (agree Admin...for the breeders Doc.) written by one of the boys...

but well said, (Clayton Mitchell, on the racing amendment bill) and almost copy and paste stuff, from concerned posters on Racecafe... 

Party Vote?...once bitten, twice shy !...I know you,ll do a deal, with, who-ever holds the balance Winnie...you,d be silly not to !...try Labour this time!

all the best, as I would love to see  a NZ first Racing Minister, and an attempt to repair damage and get people back on course...Rugby,Racing and Beer.

a change of Govt would be a nice fresh start for the Racing Industry, well directed financial changes with more Industry input from grass roots / club level. 

If you go with National again...(Going on form)...and someone else gets the racing portfolio ,aka Mr Guy, you will have to go sit in the corner, facing the wall,

without a peep, or you,ll get ten of the best.

18 hours ago, Chris Wood said:

Damien O'Connor was an absolute lightweight as far as a Racing Minister went!

Far be it from me to defend him or any other politician Chris but I don't think Damien was ever the Minister was he?  He was a spokesman but insofar as I remember never the Minister. Annette King and then Winston wasn't it in Helen's time?

4 minutes ago, TOM(the other Molloy) said:

Far be it from me to defend him or any other politician Chris but I don't think Damien was ever the Minister was he?  He was a spokesman but insofar as I remember never the Minister. Annette King and then Winston wasn't it in Helen's time?

Damien O'Connor was the Minster For Racing 19/5/2003 - 19/10/2005.

Before that he was Associate-Minister 15/8/2002 - 19/5/2003

And was as useless as an ashtray on a motorbike. 

3 hours ago, rdytdy said:

Damien O'Connor was the Minster For Racing 19/5/2003 - 19/10/2005.

Before that he was Associate-Minister 15/8/2002 - 19/5/2003

And was as useless as an ashtray on a motorbike. 

All right.  Stand corrected.  Never denied he was useless as a minister or spokesman however

Guest 2Admin2
14 hours ago, Berri said:

It's a shame that he doesn't realise the Bill is utter crap and we've been sold out. Why don't you all get how bad it is? No one is saying the right thing 

Isn't it indicative Berri that the RaceCafe Topic about the most important legislative change for the industry in years is not at the top of the list nor pinned?

Instead we are focused on where to buy the Best Bets, when time is called in the bar at Counties and other relatively unimportant matters.  When compared to the future of racing!!