RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
puha

Small Successful horses

14 minutes ago, Mattski said:

Do we sometimes focus on height too much and forget about length?

i.e. I think Dundeel was barely 15.3 but he seemed to have good length which helped him have very good stride length.

Race horses are runners not high jumpers aren't they? 

Good point mate .

I wondered how long till someone mentioned him Puha - knew he was small but didn't realise he was only a pony!  I'd swap most big ones for him any day ... bloody good horse!

What is lil Ben up to these days? 

9 minutes ago, jess said:

I wondered how long till someone mentioned him Puha - knew he was small but didn't realise he was only a pony!  I'd swap most big ones for him any day ... bloody good horse!

What is lil Ben up to these days? 

Galloping around a 4 acre paddock  babysitting although we can catch the youngster he's proving rather elusive in retirement. S.L

Ha ha Ben - granny geldings are supposed to teach the youngsters good habits!!   Maybe he is trying to tell you he wants to have a more active retirement!  (show hunter??)

Nevertheless I'm sure he's well loved and looked after and if he passes on to the babies how to win races he'll be worth his weight in gold :)   

29 minutes ago, Baz (NZ) said:

Morsel I believe was a touch over 13hh by Rapier II x Navaho Girl bred and raced by Mrs C J & W D Ireland.

Bloody hell! - that is frigging tiny!  Most people would have written it off as a racing prospect at 13hh and just legged up their 10 year old daughter and sent them along to the local pony club .... 

18 hours ago, jess said:

Bloody hell! - that is frigging tiny!  Most people would have written it off as a racing prospect at 13hh and just legged up their 10 year old daughter and sent them along to the local pony club .... 

Sorry just found out Morsel was around 14.2 HH