RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Midget

Beerrrnnaarrrdd says "it's all about integrity"

Read this.

I wonder how long before Bernnnaaard regrets the closing comments about integrity, because Beerrnaarrd I've got breaking news for you, there's little or no integrity in Perone, appointments are prearranged now, you have no accountability, your tracks aren't safe, your handicappers are a cross between incompetent and corrupt, and you yourself Beerrrrnarrd are a known supporter of pokies, and pokies victimize and exploit the most vulnerable members of society.

If you're going to throw the big "Integrity" word around Beerrrnnaarrrd make sure you abide by it because we're watching.

Guest 2Admin2
4 minutes ago, Patiti said:

The National lead Racing Board could have negotiated a funding package from the govt as an election package to assist with AW tracks and infrastructure.

Do you really think that would be politically tenable?  

Look, the majority of punters now bet on overseas racing. More money via the NZ TAB is now bet on Australian racing as against the domestic product. What do's this tell you. This trend has been growing for years. What it tells me is, NZ racing is rapidly losing its appeal. I am of the opinion, the TAB can survive very nicely without any local racing of any code. In fact, the TAB would be far more profitable ditching all NZ racing. Now with the changing Racing Act, and the switch to elevating  sports alongside racing in the charter that the RIB have to follow, then I'm afraid to say, the writing is on the wall. The Gov, the TAB, do not care if local racing implodes, from their angle, the sooner the better.

48 minutes ago, von Smallhaussen said:

if you had a choice between a Lada or a Porsche at the same cost - which would you choose?

now if Bernaard doesn't get the Lada up to Porsche standards quickly - he won't have a job for long.

Dunno VS.....

Greg P clung to the job like the proverbial to a blanket and it took them a long time to see through him.

Bernard ought to have a good few years to finish off what his Aussie brother started.

1 hour ago, aquaman said:

I am of the opinion, the TAB can survive very nicely without any local racing of any code. In fact, the TAB would be far more profitable ditching all NZ racing. Now with the changing Racing Act, and the switch to elevating  sports alongside racing in the charter that the RIB have to follow, then I'm afraid to say, the writing is on the wall. The Gov, the TAB, do not care if local racing implodes, from their angle, the sooner the better.

Been saying that for years.  It would be very much in the TAB's interests to ditch the whinging, moaning NZ Clubs and stakeholders.  First it will save all the on course costs including the television expense, they can ditch their NZ presenters and just use the Aussie or offshore links to give the commentary. And with no local stakeholders or clubs they will only answer to the Minister who is clearly not interested  so they can jack up their salaries and benefits, their corporate boxes and overseas trips.  

Imagine how good they will feel.  Rid of those pain in the a***  interested parties and only got to spin the odd line in BS to some halfwit in the Beehive.  Bliss!

1 hour ago, aquaman said:

Look, the majority of punters now bet on overseas racing. More money via the NZ TAB is now bet on Australian racing as against the domestic product. What do's this tell you. This trend has been growing for years. What it tells me is, NZ racing is rapidly losing its appeal. I am of the opinion, the TAB can survive very nicely without any local racing of any code. In fact, the TAB would be far more profitable ditching all NZ racing. Now with the changing Racing Act, and the switch to elevating  sports alongside racing in the charter that the RIB have to follow, then I'm afraid to say, the writing is on the wall. The Gov, the TAB, do not care if local racing implodes, from their angle, the sooner the better.

Good post.  The only item I would quibble with is the last sentence.  I'm not sure the government (current or next) would wish that local racing implodes.  Rather they would despair that the parties within local racing are so selfish and so parochial that there's no way out of the current death spiral.  So the government will join the successful elements in the domestic racing industry (the breeders and sales agents/traders) in turning their backs on the shambles across the rest. 

5 hours ago, aquaman said:

Nailed it absolutely.  People will only "buy" what they know. There is little consistency with 2 & 3yo fields due to increasing amount of horses going offshore. TAB turnover is essential  and as we know the turnover is going south pronto! that's why domestic NZ racing is not sustainable.  I just wish industry participants would wake up and do some critical analysis. 

Alright. From the way it is written it sounds like they want to close some tracks, build some new tracks, and merge some dog and trot tracks with galloping tracks.

Does anyone have any idea where they plan to build these all-weather tracks and whether they are likely to be new developments or revamps of existing tracks?

I presume we are talking about three developments; north, central and south.

The big debate is likely to be whether you build the tracks where the people are (bearing in mind that no one actually goes to the races anymore, esp during the winter months) or where the horses are? Auckland or Matamata. Wellington or Awapuni. Christchurch or Timaru.

34 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

Alright. From the way it is written it sounds like they want to close some tracks, build some new tracks, and merge some dog and trot tracks with galloping tracks.

Does anyone have any idea where they plan to build these all-weather tracks and whether they are likely to be new developments or revamps of existing tracks?

I presume we are talking about three developments; north, central and south.

The big debate is likely to be whether you build the tracks where the people are (bearing in mind that no one actually goes to the races anymore, esp during the winter months) or where the horses are? Auckland or Matamata. Wellington or Awapuni. Christchurch or Timaru.

Well to date you'd have to say building tracks where the people are has been an abject failure.