RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
myk

NZ Cricket

zak: I meant irrelevant with regard to this test series and test cricket in general. Harbajhan agrees (From cricinfo):

"I think it [the performance in Bangladesh] was over-hyped in New Zealand. We also lost to Bangladesh in the World Cup. That doesn't make us a bad team. When two teams play, one will win and one will lose."

re Greatbatch. It's all very well to say your players played like dickheads but saying some aren't good enough to be there? Whose international careers have been ended following the Bangladesh series?

This test..

Best bits: Test cricket's the big winner (again). Five centuries. Great performances from Ryder, Williamson and Martin.

Worst bits: Shame we couldn't nail it. Another quick bowler breaks down. What the? Tim McIntosh's pair. Tough break for him.

Who would've thought Harbi would be man of the match for his batting. Classy comment from him to say Chris Martin should've got it for his five-for on a road. Fair call too, motm ought to be for who brings the most to the game and he single-handedly put life into the test. But Harbi deserved it.

zak: I meant irrelevant with regard to this test series and test cricket in general. Harbajhan agrees (From cricinfo):

"I think it [the performance in Bangladesh] was over-hyped in New Zealand. We also lost to Bangladesh in the World Cup. That doesn't make us a bad team. When two teams play, one will win and one will lose."

re Greatbatch. It's all very well to say your players played like dickheads but saying some aren't good enough to be there? Whose international careers have been ended following the Bangladesh series?

This test..

Best bits: Test cricket's the big winner (again). Five centuries. Great performances from Ryder, Williamson and Martin.

Worst bits: Shame we couldn't nail it. Another quick bowler breaks down. What the? Tim McIntosh's pair. Tough break for him.

Who would've thought Harbi would be man of the match for his batting. Classy comment from him to say Chris Martin should've got it for his five-for on a road. Fair call too, motm ought to be for who brings the most to the game and he single-handedly put life into the test. But Harbi deserved it.

Great points BB. Another bowler broken down and who do we bring back: Bllody James Franklin. Powder Puff King Extroidinaire. God help us.

Great points BB. Another bowler broken down and who do we bring back: Bllody James Franklin. Powder Puff King Extroidinaire. God help us.

Hi Torch.

I have noted that when I visit this site,that you tend to really give it to our Kiwi sportspeople,Stephen Donald in particular,and now James Franklin.

Being critical in a constructive way is fine,but these two athletes represent our country,wear black, train their arses off and bust themselves to do their best.

They probably have friends and family that may even read your comments.

I dont agree with wholesale abuse from some nobody hiding behind a computer.I have the utmost respect for ALL our Kiwi sportspeople.Because they have a bad day doesnt mean they deserve your ridicule.

isaac its a personal opinion and thats what racecafe is,boring if we all agree and always praise.Donald had a shocker abs have given him a chance to redeem,franklin,sorry he is a powder puff.

Hi Torch.

I have noted that when I visit this site,that you tend to really give it to our Kiwi sportspeople,Stephen Donald in particular,and now James Franklin.

Being critical in a constructive way is fine,but these two athletes represent our country,wear black, train their arses off and bust themselves to do their best.

They probably have friends and family that may even read your comments.

I dont agree with wholesale abuse from some nobody hiding behind a computer.I have the utmost respect for ALL our Kiwi sportspeople.Because they have a bad day doesnt mean they deserve your ridicule.

Thank you for your thoughts Isaac, um what is your last name? I would type it if you had included it on here. Interesting stance attacking my opinions behind only a first name and your laptop :) Irony to the hilt. Thanks for walking onto that one at the speed of a Donald sprint or a Franklin shot put. Wholesale abuse??!! Count up how many posts I actually write positive things about sport people and teams. Are you telling me Donald and Franklin actually add value to our national teams?? Are they feared by the opposition?? Interesting.

Again thanks - back to the bar on the Love Boat and serve up some more pina coladas.

Nathan ?

Donald, All Black, feared, good...

Should not be used in the same sentence.

And, unless their families were into horse racing forums, I doubt they'd be interested with this site.

After all, Rugby and cricket aren't 'racing sports'..

So, the nascar's going well huh?

Donald, All Black, feared, good...

Should not be used in the same sentence.

And, unless their families were into horse racing forums, I doubt they'd be interested with this site.

After all, Rugby and cricket aren't 'racing sports'..

So, the nascar's going well huh?

:D

bblunt, I hear what you are saying re the relevance of 1 day cricket to test cricket but for mine it is the attitude of so many of these guys that is wrong. Maybe,just maybe it took Greatbatch to call a spade a spade that might have got some of these blokes looking in the mirror.

I can imagine the likes of McCullum, Ryder, Taylor saying to themselves he cant call me a dickhead,I am better than that. Then perhaps they looked at our record while they have been in the team,in all forms of cricket, and thought **** maybe he is right. They certainly showed an application that has been missing for a long time in this game

Whose international careers could be ended by the Bangladesh series? Well everyone has their opinions but for me Stewart, Watling and Redmond for sure with very big ? marks over Nathan McCullum and Andy Mckay

Before leaving for India,Mark Greatbach made remarks about some batsmans ability.I don't know who he was referring to,but so far in 2 tests it's certainly been effective.Maybe he should now give the bowlers one,so we have a real chance in the final test.I hope they're just as competitive,they will have got a small bit of respect back from me.

Before leaving for India,Mark Greatbach made remarks about some batsmans ability.I don't know who he was referring to,but so far in 2 tests it's certainly been effective.Maybe he should now give the bowlers one,so we have a real chance in the final test.I hope they're just as competitive,they will have got a small bit of respect back from me.

He can't. He's the batting coach only. Which is good because he shouldn't be coaching a high school team.

It's also the reason John Wright turned the job down: "Batting coach only? taking the piss surely?"

Thank you for your thoughts Isaac, um what is your last name?

Typical response.Go back and read my address to you.I dare you.See how non-combative it was?

I said to you to be more considering of the sportspeople that wear our National colours and represent us.

They do their best and they dont select themselves.

I said to you to be more considering of the sportspeople that wear our National colours and represent us.

They do their best and they dont select themselves.

This is not the same Isaac, surely, who was so pro-Paul Henry and his denigration of the Governor General that represents us - and who didn't select himself either?

I'm with Torchie here, Isaac. And using your own 'if it doesn't look like a New Zealander, it shouldn't be there' words, you just have to be pro the axing of the two inept sportsmen Torch uses as illustrations?

Any other stance on your part would simply reek of, oh, what's the word I'm thinking of?

Hell, why not go the Henry route again and begin deliberately mispronouncing their names...

Step-hen Do-nald would be a good one to start with.

Titter, tiitter, Prop guffaws a la Henry...

The local indians will be thrilled that they are finally seeing the real NZ cricket team.A bloody disgrace,my 12yr old grandson would have more application than most of these wimps,whom have the audacity to call themselves professionals.Maybe if we get whipped in this test an the one dayers,some heads may finally roll.

Wow.Powderpuff Franklin.I'm sure his family are soo proud of him.

Great contribution

Get over it ya big sook.

Professional sportsmen are not above reproach. The public has every right to express an opinion on any player, positively or negatively. These players are extremely lucky to play sport for a living and as such, criticism comes with the territory and the players accept this.

It's about time you learned to accept it too.

This is not the same Isaac, surely, who was so pro-Paul Henry and his denigration of the Governor General that represents us - and who didn't select himself either?

I'm with Torchie here, Isaac. And using your own 'if it doesn't look like a New Zealander, it shouldn't be there' words, you just have to be pro the axing of the two inept sportsmen Torch uses as illustrations?

Any other stance on your part would simply reek of, oh, what's the word I'm thinking of?

Hell, why not go the Henry route again and begin deliberately mispronouncing their names...

:D

Great to see Franklin flown all the way to India just to sit on the boundary ropes. He cant get in the team even with Southee bowling leg stump tripe.

Sort out your argument and other issues you have with NZ as Prop pointed out. You sure are one confused critter.

Look at all the armchair experts come out now.

Let me guess.Neither of you have ever played sport,in fact I'd guess that you were all the last blokes picked in any pick up sides.

Because A/ you are fat B/ you are unco-ordinated C/ you wear glasses and D/ you have a speech impediment.

So this why you feel the need to make yourself out to be a somebody for once in your life,and visit websites and slag off real sportspeople.

Sportspeople who represent New Zealand in sport,not sit on their couch eating burgers and drinking coke and burping abuse at their TV screens,then quickly jumping on a website and calling them 'powderpuffs' and 'goats'

Now thats really cool of you guys.Wow,I look up to you all

Henry?Graham Henry?

Oh,you mean PAUL Henry...are you STILL going on about that?Get over it Prop.You got shown up for being the hippy,dope smoking jandal wearing Greenie and now you want to re-hash it all again because you got your butt well and truly spanked on that other thread?? :)

What does Paul Henry have to do with slagging off NZ sportspeople?

Guest THE CASTLE

Back to the topic.

I've made a killing in the first two tests on Betfair off punters that favour 'laying the draw' in Test matches...but this time I've already locked in a tidy profit on India winning.

It never fails to surprise me just how many suckers there are out there.

Look at all the armchair experts come out now.

Let me guess.Neither of you have ever played sport,in fact I'd guess that you were all the last blokes picked in any pick up sides.

Because A/ you are fat B/ you are unco-ordinated C/ you wear glasses and D/ you have a speech impediment.

So this why you feel the need to make yourself out to be a somebody for once in your life,and visit websites and slag off real sportspeople.

Sportspeople who represent New Zealand in sport,not sit on their couch eating burgers and drinking coke and burping abuse at their TV screens,then quickly jumping on a website and calling them 'powderpuffs' and 'goats'

Now thats really cool of you guys.Wow,I look up to you all

Are you Stephen Donald's retarded step-brother?

Or perhaps James Franklin's gay lover?

Why else would you get so touchy when these below-average sportmen are criticized? Let me guess, you were brought through the school system taught that participation was all that mattered. Winning was nothing to be proud of, it was more important that you just took part. You were given a medal for finishing the cross-country in 183rd place.

Take a concrete pill buddy. This is a public forum where anybody is allowed to express an opinion. If you don't agree with freedom of expression, move to North Korea and let Kim Jong-Il do the thinking for you.