RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
myk

NZ Cricket

bloody good effort today.

Look at our team.. Shafted by a fk'n useless management team ever since egotistical tit-face Vaughan got a say. Ross Taylor's our senior batsman: he's played 25 tests. Where'd all our senior players go? I can answer that by the way

so the very first ball of spin our team faces in India gets a wicket. Unbelievable. Tell me there's nothing wrong with our coaching team

bagging Foxy on here.I like the guy.His style of play wouldn't last long nowdays however.

Scroll back and you will see that Donald Duck has been abused since the day he fraudulently laced on a Black jumper.

Isn't it great to see ozis get all excited after a long yearned for win.They are all walking round here with stiffies on still.

bagging Foxy on here.I like the guy.His style of play wouldn't last long nowdays however.

Scroll back and you will see that Donald Duck has been abused since the day he fraudulently laced on a Black jumper.

Isn't it great to see ozis get all excited after a long yearned for win.They are all walking round here with stiffies on still.

Few beers = wrong thread?

Its not just the cricket, look at all the hoo haa after the ABs lost, 1 fkg game and they all come out swinging blaming Donald, I saw a few missed tackles from others as the aussies scored the last try and Donald wasnt one of them.

Nz has (as Isaac alludes to) a tall poppy syndrome, look at how many games Fox won for the ABs yet he was always bagged for other things in his game.

God forbid if the ABs dont win the cup, guess Henry will be in for the abuse and being spat on as Hart did not so long ago.

I think the cricketers are in for an innings loss, but as SB says, they are in better heart than the aussies hahaha.

Mate there were 17 ABs who had done their darndest to win that game and ONE muppet comes on and delivers what has always dished up at international level: complete crap! Donald destroyed all the work done by his team in 4 crazy antics that reflected how ignorant he is!

don't forget Toeava. He was just as guilty and if you are able to stomach watching a replay of that game, have a look at how hard he chases after he slips over, and more so when he missed a tackle on his wing inside the last 10 mins.

There were at least 6 players in black who had given their all for 70 plus minutes who chased at hard as possible to make up for his error yet he just jogged back after the Aussie he missed.

Disgraceful.

don't forget Toeava. He was just as guilty and if you are able to stomach watching a replay of that game, have a look at how hard he chases after he slips over, and more so when he missed a tackle on his wing inside the last 10 mins.

There were at least 6 players in black who had given their all for 70 plus minutes who chased at hard as possible to make up for his error yet he just jogged back after the Aussie he missed.

Disgraceful.

Yep. And yet a few minutes earlier we see Carter nail one of their forwards on the line, get back up and slam another Aussie on the burst! Gutsy and admirable after that injury and lack of game time. Donald comes on and (probably with the thought that everyone thinks he is useless!) tries to do miracle acts. Grubbers, 55m punts, etc are not what is required to close out games Stephen. You are a dunce - nothing more, nothing less.

Ryder's double-ton.

My confidence in Jesse to step up was justified even if he only got half-way there. Kane Williamson to shut up some other knockers with a ton on debut. After lunch today we'll have dominated as many sessions as India. What has happened too regularly over the last ten years is that we compete for the majority of a test but make a total hash of one session and throw it all away. Hopefully not this one. India are near on unbeatable at home so a draw is a win. Or we could always get a lead of 150 and roll them on day 5;)

Hasnt this thread become quiet... Funny that.

Haha yes it has SLB. Im still not overly convinced about Williamson and McIntoshs' dismissal could be excused - a half tracker that struggled to get waist height! A bit of tough luck there. Watlings shot was terrible. Greatbatch has taken his game backwards ten fold. Great fightback against that line up and made a few of the Indian batsmen look quite average (aside from the "Big 3").

Talk it up if they dont lose the series.What are we to do go crazy over one game ,which they are not safe with yet ,the standard batting colapse due soon.

Not talkin anything up. Just the facts. When do Sri Lanka beat Aussie again?

You lost me with the sri lanka stuff,the n.z need to consistantly turn out performances,not just now and then every 5/6 tests we surprize someone.Who believes ryder will back up? not i.

You lost me with the sri lanka stuff,the n.z need to consistantly turn out performances,not just now and then every 5/6 tests we surprize someone.Who believes ryder will back up? not i.

Not with an injury. He was probably our best bowler too. Even on day 1 he had the ball moving very very late and this had Dravid stuffed. Williamson gets a ton so that will keep him in for the next 12 months. A shame cos that front foot gets stuck on the bowlers release. Watch for low scores on pitches that bounce over knee height.

Not with an injury. He was probably our best bowler too. Even on day 1 he had the ball moving very very late and this had Dravid stuffed. Williamson gets a ton so that will keep him in for the next 12 months. A shame cos that front foot gets stuck on the bowlers release. Watch for low scores on pitches that bounce over knee height.

You wouldn't have Williamson in your team? It's a road sure but it's not bad application for a 20 year old. who's your replacement?

The Indians get to play on these roads all the time. Sehwag was totally average on seamers like he got here last tour. McIntosh, Williamson, Ryder, Watling, Taylor. They'd all average 45-50 if they played on Indian pitches all the time. That's the difference. We're OK don't worry about that. We just don't play enough test cricket, especially enough on on the sub-continent

You wouldn't have Williamson in your team? It's a road sure but it's not bad application for a 20 year old. who's your replacement?

The Indians get to play on these roads all the time. Sehwag was totally average on seamers like he got here last tour. McIntosh, Williamson, Ryder, Watling, Taylor. They'd all average 45-50 if they played on Indian pitches all the time. That's the difference. We're OK don't worry about that. We just don't play enough test cricket, especially enough on on the sub-continent

Fair point.

A good kick in the pants for Guptill - huge talent but something not clicking with the guy.

A batting collapse on the sub continent......who would have guessed:eek: and at what odds for the Black Caps to win (at the start of play yesterday they were $25 odd here...). More twists to come I'd say....could be a real compelling Bollywood finish!

Nice to see young Williamson get his ton tho :y:

Fair point.

A good kick in the pants for Guptill - huge talent but something not clicking with the guy.

Agree, Guptill's got the goods too. Nice bit of fielding by him to start the collapse. Still a lot of work to win this. Wouldn't want Laxman to get too much support from Harbi otherwise we might be chasing 200 in two sessions. Our batting lineup is so good though we should still get them:D People read far too much into that completely irrelevant Bangladesh series.

Get up!

Good to see our bowlers rip through the best batting lineup in Indian history, but geez. I feel for the many NZ'ers who have turned their back on the Black Caps...

Im sure they'll return to this thread saying what a wonderful performance it has been.

The Black Caps deserved a bagging for how they played in Bangladesh, just as they deserve much praise for how they've gone in this Test match after Day One.

It's never dull supporting the NZ cricket team.

The most amazing thing is how we've managed to bowl so well with a depleted attack - both Bennett and Ryder couldn't bowl because of injury. Huge effort by the others (particularly Martin of course).

I think Martin did so well because of the confidence boost he got from his epic 3 not out with the bat!

Not sure why you would describe the series against Bangladesh as irrelevant.

Hopefully it has put an end to a few international careers, but to put a positive spin on that series I think Greatbatch describing the batsmen as dickheads was a step in the right direction. If a few of those guys who think they are better than their records to date suggest they are worried more about accumulating runs rather than their strike rates then we might get somewhere.

In Williamson finally we have a batsman who gives you cause for optimism, even if his introduction to the team is a year later than it should have been.

Will we win this afternoon? Hopefully, but at the moment I reckon the game is dead even.

The most amazing thing is how we've managed to bowl so well with a depleted attack - both Bennett and Ryder couldn't bowl because of injury. Huge effort by the others (particularly Martin of course).

I think Martin did so well because of the confidence boost he got from his epic 3 not out with the bat!

Mate he looked superb!One back foot punch off the back foot made me double check if it was actually him!!! :D If he could feel at ease then it was definitely a bland pitch. His swing is causing huge concern to their batsmen. Just shows there is no substitute for movement in the air - God bless it. I wonder if Doull will annonce on air how he never used to know what he was bowling and just "let it go"! Expert opinion from the commentary box? Ha!