RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
myk

NZ Cricket

Maybe it's that we are the only white team bar Taylor.

Black, white or yellow team, the fact we had something like sixty dot balls in 40 overs says we can't win. Thats TEN overs without scoring. Sheeeeeeeeesh........

just interrupting another Oram tirade for a mo :D

Devlin's column in the Sunday News had an interesting comment..."in the past 9 World Cups no team was won a home semi" or words to that effect. NZ - Paki final then....won't hold my breath but wouldn't that be nice. I doubt if we could beat India(or get close) but the other mob who knows...

It would be great. I can gaurantee there would be no one more amped to win a final vs Pakistan than good old John Wright! Would go a long way in erasing the memories of the '92 semi in Auckland.

until our country attemps to better our record at world cup.Good luck fellas,just represent us with pride in your effort to reach the final.

Whats a good score should we bat 1st guys.....I was thinking 300??

2 innings though :D

Seriously....the way their spinners are going and that bleached blonde round arm chucker sending down relentless yorkers it will need something special from

at least 1 of our top 4. Skipper for mine.

230 would be the absolute minimum....but the Poms got that didn't they?

Anyone notice how long Sri Lanka's national anthem is....rarely strange...even the players look a tad bored after 3 minutes.....have to right up there with "Stairway 2 H & Hey Jude"

What might've been

At 190 odd for 4 it looked like we'd get 240 or more which might've been enough.

In their chase, Lankans got into $1.03 and we were $10. When Sangakarra got out we were into $2.85. Went out to $4 then back into $2.90 with the fifth wicket. One more wicket might've been enough

So, a good fight again but you're not going to win two games in a row scoring 220

To be fair - as Mad Butcher would say, and he says that a lot - you're close to spot on Torch. Ah, Spot On, now that was good telly. But, also, to be fair, Sri Lankans didn't entirely remain calm. Jayawardene and Sangakkara both played average shots at crucial times under pressure.

Still, this is a perfect final if you love cricket. My interest in the game is in this order:

Murali

Tendulkar

Sangakkara

Harbhajan

Malinga

Yuvraj

Sehwag

Mendis

...all cricketers who play the game a bit differently to anyone else.

Couldn't have picked one Aussie, Pom or South African who has half as much intrigue as any of these guys. Out of our lot - Ryder and Taylor probably - but that list is a hell of an interesting bunch of cricketers - so the final will be epic

In saying that Torch you're a mile off with Williamson - looking alright eh(pooop?). Hey we can't all be talent spotters tho:D

He still has a LOAD of work to do Razor. Some of his innings he struggles to hit the thing off the square. Inexperience proved his downfall in the semi. We had the Sri Lankans quietly rattled again but then he tried to push it once too often. Franklin played well though :D And Oram. Not.

Yes it should be an awesome final. Sangakara is outstanding to watch is he not? He's arguably playing better than anyone at this Cup. It would be out of him or Tendulkar if you had to pick someone to bat for your life.

Prediction? Im gonna go for the "underdogs" Sri Lanka. Very accurate bowling unit and superb top 4. The difference between these two teams could purely come down to fielding.

"Spot On" :D Wasnt a great fan of that every Sunday at 6pm but didnt mind a good old "Vision On" :D

Its because I love cricket that I am really hoping that India win.

There is no risk that Murali throws,and Malinga belongs in the javelin event at the local athletics meeting.

You have to love Bishen Bedi,s comment when Murali reached 500 test wickets. He claimed they were all run outs as the result of throws from the outfield.

On the Black Caps, they performed beyond expectations, and 99 times out of 100 Taylor would have put that long hop from Mendis out of the park,and if he had I believe they would be in the final.

Williamson, why would anyone be knocking him? Potentially the best NZ batsman since Martin Crowe

"Spot On" :D Wasnt a great fan of that every Sunday at 6pm but didnt mind a good old "Vision On" :D

Spot On, with 'dangerous' Danny Watson was on at 5:30 leading into A Dog's Show at 6 - primetime viewing to be fair.

Spot On, with 'dangerous' Danny Watson was on at 5:30 leading into A Dog's Show at 6 - primetime viewing to be fair.

:D Would you believe I wrote 5pm and then corrected it!?!? In the words of Dennis off Auf Wiedersehen Pet "Christ my Sunday nights were bloody boring!" (Now THAT was a programme in the top 3 of all time!)

Love the Bedi call Zak. If India field like him or Dilip Doshi then they will have no show! :)

Cant wait.

To be fair the fielding standards of the sub continent teams are unrecognisable from those days, well maybe except for Pakistan ,but whe knows with those guys

Guest Quarter horse
For the next 5 weeks you'lll want to be a cricket fan rather than a NZ or OZ cricket fan.

South Africa's world cup to lose to India. end of story

So "Mr Cricket", how on earth did you get this one wrong?

So "Mr Cricket", how on earth did you get this one wrong?

they choked, we played a blinder and in the end India won - so I was half right. I'm a glass half full kinda guy whereas you would say that the volume of this cylinder is divided into two equal parts; one a colourless, odourless liquid, the other a colourless, odourless gas. Thus the cylinder is neither full nor empty. Rather, each half of the cylinder is full, one with a gas, one with a liquid.

While I would say, this glass doesn't have enough ice

Upon further consideration, my glass is full. The way they were playing the cup was South Africa's to lose, lest they choke. Which they did. Once that happened it was India's for the taking. Correct on both accounts. No room for any ice

Guest Quarter horse
they choked, we played a blinder and in the end India won - so I was half right. I'm a glass half full kinda guy whereas you would say that the volume of this cylinder is divided into two equal parts]

But how could SA choke? After all, they had two of the best bowlers in the world in their side in the form of Steyn and Morkel!

Oh...and well done for picking India. That really was one out of left-field.

Who would have thought a team from the sub-continent would get up and win the final!

I also recall you saying that Sri Lanka would win the final at some stage...as well as Pakistan...so is there any team that you didn't pick?

Glass half full is about right Tim...especially when you give every team in the tournament a 50/50 chance of winning.:D

Enjoy watching the cricket tonight...and I hope you learn something along the way.

Nope, never suggested any other teams than South Africa or India could win it. Yaaps if they didn't choke; otherwise India.

Hopefully our players are watching the test and learning a bit about application rather than spending their time perfecting the slog sweep. Most bizarre thing last night was Anderson coming out as nightwatchman

Count up how many posts I actually write positive things about sport people and teams.

Let's start counting;

Oram

Franklin

Williamson

Doull

W Smith

Donald

A Williams

C Williams

Cleary

Moon

Seymour