RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
dbtab

STAYING RACES

In a country know for our stayers were are all the staying races. Over in Sydney and Melbourne they  have 2400 and 2500 metre races every second week.As a example we do not even have a maiden 2400 race .What is with our programers

I think most owners want the young stock to chase the classic races, time is money and thats the reason, shame really as sometimes with time and patience the outcome can be totally different.

3 hours ago, dbtab said:

ALL THE HORSES I HAVE BREED DO NOT DO ANYTHING TILL THEY ARE 4 OR 5 AND IT COSTS HEAPS AND HARD TO BE PATIENT.

Need to take of the caps lock mate . Before someone starts shouting back . Agree why can't we have simething similar to the Banjo Patterson staying races and final that are run in Melbourne each winter ? Would be nice to see at least one NZ Cup race that is an auto entry into the Melbourne Cup ? Surely that's possible when they can give all these northern hemisphere jumpers an easy entry .

4 hours ago, dbtab said:

ALL THE HORSES I HAVE BREED DO NOT DO ANYTHING TILL THEY ARE 4 OR 5 AND IT COSTS HEAPS AND HARD TO BE PATIENT.

You are to be commended, if only there many that follow the same path, sad part of it is there must be a huge numbers that get to the track immature half developed and not even ready for the rigors of racing only to go lame or show nothing. I seen a yearling sold at an april sale, broken in, trialled and at he races in november from memory, a huge ask in a short time.They say patience is a virtue.

20 hours ago, dbtab said:

Exactly!

I read an article a while back, in Melbourne they were bringing back an 1800m 2yo race, worth 100k for late 2yo's

They said it was to aid those 2yo's heading for the early VRC derby (2500m), as we all know, its a big trip for early 3yo's and they also said it was to give owners like yourself who have horses who need ground etc. a chance to race for 100k at 2 and try and get some kind of return on their investment before having to wait 4 years for them to debut.

Whereas here, its hard enough to find staying races to suit 3yo's outside of the usual guineas races.

I agree that having more staying races here would be good. That said, you need to put things into perspective re the number of 2400 metre races there are across the ditch. They (Oz) have hundreds more meetings a year than us and there are many meetings with just the one 1800 or 2000 metre race carded.

6 hours ago, Berlog said:

Exactly!

I read an article a while back, in Melbourne they were bringing back an 1800m 2yo race, worth 100k for late 2yo's

They said it was to aid those 2yo's heading for the early VRC derby (2500m), as we all know, its a big trip for early 3yo's and they also said it was to give owners like yourself who have horses who need ground etc. a chance to race for 100k at 2 and try and get some kind of return on their investment before having to wait 4 years for them to debut.

Whereas here, its hard enough to find staying races to suit 3yo's outside of the usual guineas races.

That race was held a few weeks ago from memory and won by a promising type.