RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

Jacinda Ardern

bloke add ZB stalwart Leighton Smith to the whining right wing brigade. He has retired but pops up now and again with a podcast. New drive host Heather du Plessis soon showed her true blue colours as well with her nauseating screeching comments about the Labour Party.

13 minutes ago, bloke said:

There are plenty of right wing commentators in the media. The Prize Wanker "Hoskings" who Ted sets his alarm for every morning prior to taking his medication. You cannot get more biased than Hoskings.

There is also Sean Plunkett, Peter Williams, Mark Richardson, Duncan Garner. The list goes on. Its funny how right wingers go on about free speech but its only when they agree with it. Ted gets all of his cut and pastes from right wing web sites like Whale Oil which was infamous for Cameron Slater, now bankrupt after facing slander litigation.

To be honest bloke i lean to the right,however i never listen to Hosking,Williams very rarely,Duncan Garner(imo a leftie) and Richardson  i take with a grain of salt,gets very boring after a while.

Usually make up my own opinions based on how life is treating me.Have been known to lean left also.

2 hours ago, bloke said:

There are plenty of right wing commentators in the media. The Prize Wanker "Hoskings" who Ted sets his alarm for every morning prior to taking his medication. You cannot get more biased than Hoskings.

There is also Sean Plunkett, Peter Williams, Mark Richardson, Duncan Garner. The list goes on. Its funny how right wingers go on about free speech but its only when they agree with it. Ted gets all of his cut and pastes from right wing web sites like Whale Oil which was infamous for Cameron Slater, now bankrupt after facing slander litigation.

Well said..I was beginning to wonder if there were any free thinkers on this

19 hours ago, glen said:

Just like John Key eh....

Hardly. At least he knew what he was talking about.

Saw him give a speech to Business leaders in Sydney a few years ago and he was brilliant. Reeled off facts and figures about the economy and sundry other subjects without notes for an hour or so. The Aussies were gobsmacked and gave him a standing ovation at the end..

Imagine Ardern doing that......:rcf-monkey:

7 hours ago, bloke said:

Especially for Bloke, enjoy!!!

Mike Hosking: Why has Jacinda Ardern gone overseas yet again?

I don't want to be unkind to the Prime Minister.

However, this is a woman who came onto the programme when I was deeply affronted by her lack of interest in D-Day, as were many thousands of New Zealanders.

Remember, she could have done one of two things for D-Day: she could have gone to Europe or she could have done something locally, and she choose to do neither.

After I asked her why not, her defence in part was this 'people don't like it when I'm out of the country and I've got a lot of things to do here' line, which only really excused her from going to Europe. Which is a long way away – though Scott Morrison managed it.

But, in the ensuing weeks, she has been in Rarotonga for a week, she dipped over to Melbourne for a speech on governance, and now she has skivved off to Samoa and Tokelau for another week.

With some of the pressing issues in this country, wouldn't it be better attended to by the Prime Minister then her wandering around the Pacific yet again?

I don't know what's going on with the Pacific. I understand their broad issue with it, which is driven largely by Winston, which is that they are worried about the Chinese.

They seem to think by hanging around the Pacific a lot and handing out $20 million there and $5 million here, somehow the Chinese are going to pack up and go home.

But there are a few things going on right here in New Zealand right now. The cancer story might be a good one.

And did you see her on the news on Friday night, when she made the announcement about the Ihumtao protest? She seems stressed, she seems like she didn't quite know how to say or how to handle it. What she did eventually say was we'll sit down and have a talk. Talk talk talk.

And then she went off to Samoa. So, yet again, she's not in the country.

Jacinda walks into a Bank to cash a cheque. As she approaches the cashier she says, "Good morning, Ms could you please cash this cheque for me?"

Cashier:"It would be my pleasure Sister. Could you please show me your ID?"

Jacinda:"Truthfully, I did not bring my ID with me as I didn't think there was any need to. I am Jacinda Ardern, leader of the labour Party and prime minister of New Zealand
!!!!"

Cashier:"Yes Sister, I know who you are, but with all the regulations and monitoring of the banks because of impostors and forgers and requirements of the legislation,
etc., I must insist on seeing ID."

Jacinda : Just ask anyone here at the bank who I am and they will tell you. Everybody knows who I am."

Cashier: "I am sorry, Ms Ardern, but these are the bank rules and I must follow
them."

Jacinda :"Come on please, I am urging you, please cash this cheque."

Cashier: "Look ms Ardern, here is an example of what we can do. One day, Tiger Woods came into the bank without ID. To prove he was Tiger Woods he pulled out his putter and made a beautiful shot across the bank into a cup. With that shot we
knew him to be Tiger Woods and cashed his cheque."

"Another time, Andre Agassi came in without ID. He pulled out his tennis racket and made a fabulous shot where the tennis ball landed in my cup. With that shot we
cashed his cheque. So, ms Ardern, what can you do to prove that it is you and
only you?"

Jacinda stands there thinking and thinking and finally says, "Honestly, my mind is
a total blank...there is nothing that comes to my mind. I can't think of a
single thing. I have absolutely no idea what to do. I don't have a clue."

Cashier: "Will that be large or small notes , Ms Ardern?

The Highs & Lows of Jacindamania

by Christie 

Jacinda is about to appear on yet another magazine cover… this time on the cover of British Vogue.

New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern is one of 15 women selected to grace the cover of British Vogue‘s September issue, guest-edited by Meghan Markle.

She has curated an issue that focuses on her choice of “trailblazing changemakers”, headlined “Forces for Change”. It includes a conversation between her and Michelle Obama, the former US first lady, whom she has long admired, as well as an interview between her husband, the Duke of Sussex and Dr Jane Goodall, a primatologist she has idolised since childhood.

The Duchess said: “These last seven months have been a rewarding process, curating and collaborating with Edward Enninful, British Vogue‘s editor-in-chief, to take the year’s most read fashion issue and steer its focus to the values, causes and people making impact in the world today.

Stuff.

Vogue-Cover.jpg

The Duchess, in her position of extreme privilege and indulgence, clearly has no idea that Jacinda Ardern is failing on all counts with her government… on housing, on health, on child poverty, to name a few. She is not ‘making an impact in the world today’ in any way, unless you count appearing on the cover of women’s magazines. Here, of course, is another one to add to her list.

Meanwhile, back home, people are less and less impressed with Jacinda, on both sides of the political divide. Have you had a look at The Standard lately? The ‘extreme’ left blog is not impressed with Jacinda… and surprisingly, has come out and said so.

Despite the babies and the engagements, maybe it’s time to ditch the default Jacindamania.
Let’s not bother with the criminal waste of tax on hundreds of working groups, existing to successfully suppressing oppositional opinion through co-option.
Oranga Tamariki has got three investigations underway for removing children, and is being kicked all over the park by the media. Cue another year of paralysis by analysis.

There is no reform of the justice sector.

There’s no substantial reform of social welfare, in particular no raise in base welfare levels, so no improvement in poverty levels this term. That’s another generation of 25% of our children.

This is particularly bad, as Jacinda took personal responsibility for reducing child poverty, but she seems to think that giving families an extra $75 a week and introducing methods to measure poverty are all she needed to do. As the $75 gets eaten up in rent increases and fuel surcharges (which her government has imposed), most families are worse off than they were a year ago.

Transport remains a fully self-inflicted disaster, with light rail gone from even starting for at least another term, mortality and injury and traffic congestion all soaring, and the only items of note to open this term will be National-inspired motorways in the Waikato.
There are no new partnerships with Labour-led councils such as Christchurch or Auckland, and the ones there are like City Rail Link and Christchurch rebuild were started under National.

I can hardly believe I am reading this. Recognition of work done by the previous National government by the most left-wing blog in the country?

Tax policy is a full-throated policy wasteland, with no Capital Gains Tax and no other tax reform either as long as Ardern is PM, so National’s tax settings continuing to oppress most of New Zealand.

Teaching at both secondary and tertiary level is a policy disaster with massive untested reforms to demolish polytechs and removing secondary decile ratings, with little stable to replace them. Great they’re paid better.

Nothing about water charging, and won’t be in this government. 

A weak-ass carbon reform, with little attempt to change the carbon pollution of the vehicle fleet or farming industries.

KiwiBuild is largely unrecoverable, although there is indeed sterling work with HNZ building new rentals. Maybe the Urban Development Agency will help, in a few terms.

Yep. It seems that many people believed the hype and are feeling badly let down.

And now, intervening via television into an iwi-Fletchers housing partnership, over the top of layers of court and local government mandating, the Prime Minister gets in to stop a Mangere housing development. Few other suburbs in Auckland need new housing more, and she stops it.

Not to mention jumping on a plane to Samoa and then onto the HMNZS Otago, where she will be out of contact with Wellington for 6 days. This reminds me of another failed Labour prime minister. David Lange used to pull stunts like that.

It’s not ‘transformational’, it’s not the year of delivery. What is this government?
This is the weakest leadership on policy of any government since the last term of Holyoake, 60 years ago. That’s on Ardern.

It’s time, since we are now getting emails to volunteer and donate money on their behalf for the next election, to expect more from Jacinda Ardern.

The Standard.

We knew things would turn out like this. Labour made a whole host of extravagant promises, with no idea how they were going to deliver. If it were possible to build 10,000 extra houses a year, National would have done it.

Still, it is of great comfort to me that even the government’s supporters can see things the way they really are. I congratulate The Standard for trying to keep the government honest. I doubt that anything is going to change though. This government, as you now realise, really doesn’t know what it is doing. Things are only going to get worse from here.

14 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Saw him give a speech to Business leaders in Sydney a few years ago and he was brilliant. Reeled off facts and figures about the economy and sundry other subjects without notes for an hour or so. The Aussies were gobsmacked and gave him a standing ovation at the end..

No chance. 

19 hours ago, bloke said:

You are f joking , Garner hates National and Bridges, you see it every time he interviews him. Then when our part time PM makes herself available, which is only when things are going ok, he goes all gaga and asks her pansy questions.

Greg

12 hours ago, rdytdy said:

Trail blazers for change. They have placed the final picture at last.

Thumbnail

You are kidding aren’t you? You can’t really put The Donald in with that lot. I would have thought another high achieving influential woman would have been more appropriate? I can think of a few who would fit in nicely. Annastasia Palaszczuk, Stormy Danials, Monica Lewinsky, to name a few. A-Pal spiraled Qld into debt and the highest unemployment in Oz, Danials made The Donald look like a real man and Monica went down on both knees for POTUS! All worthy of a spot on the front page IMHO. 

19 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

was that in between him playing golf with Obama...doing stupid shit on the rock...endless selfies with political celebs for his photo album...An egotistical flag referendum ...oh yes a financial wizard of monumental proportions were did the money go?...but I cant think what he  left as a everlasting legacy for New Zealand ...other than baling when he saw the shit was heading for the fan....A real Titan !!!!

2 hours ago, Trump said:

You are kidding aren’t you? You can’t really put The Donald in with that lot. I would have thought another high achieving influential woman would have been more appropriate? I can think of a few who would fit in nicely. Annastasia Palaszczuk, Stormy Danials, Monica Lewinsky, to name a few. A-Pal spiraled Qld into debt and the highest unemployment in Oz, Danials made The Donald look like a real man and Monica went down on both knees for POTUS! All worthy of a spot on the front page IMHO. 

When did Trump come out in drag?...I missed that one

1 hour ago, glen said:

was that in between him playing golf with Obama...doing stupid shit on the rock...endless selfies with political celebs for his photo album...An egotistical flag referendum ...oh yes a financial wizard of monumental proportions were did the money go?...but I cant think what he  left as a everlasting legacy for New Zealand ...other than baling when he saw the shit was heading for the fan....A real Titan !!!!

Just woken up have we...?? Another moron Labour supporter.

1 hour ago, glen said:

looks like you went back to bed...sweet dreams

Glen , last election labour got  36.89 % support , the reason for that was we all know they are incompetent and as time goes on they are proving this to be true . Making things worse is cindys absence and avoidance when there is work to be done .

I watched her a couple of weeks ago on tv coming out of a meeting , she looked completely fried and struggling , now we know why she is on a slow boat , Im sure she has a good supply of tranquilizers but even those won't save her during an election battle.

Now glen , please list her successes excluding giving money away , that won't take you long .

21 minutes ago, tripple alliance said:

Glen , last election labour got  36.89 % support , the reason for that was we all know they are incompetent and as time goes on they are proving this to be true . Making things worse is cindys absence and avoidance when there is work to be done .

I watched her a couple of weeks ago on tv coming out of a meeting , she looked completely fried and struggling , now we know why she is on a slow boat , Im sure she has a good supply of tranquilizers but even those won't save her during an election battle.

Now glen , please list her successes excluding giving money away , that won't take you long .

I asked first....

29 minutes ago, tripple alliance said:

Do you even understand MMP ?....Im picking only in your tunnel view

I noticed weeks ago on a morning TV interview she almost broke down, the presenter was told through an earpiece to reduce his questioning she was that close to getting up and walking out.This Pacific island sojourn was designed for some R and R and I can’t blame her she’s had more issues to deal with than most could endure... she looks to have a good heart but unfortunately not up to making the hard decisions. She will not see out her term . Get National back in fast . Tweedledumb and Tweddledee but hey what can you do

5 minutes ago, Gruff said:

I noticed weeks ago on a morning TV interview she almost broke down, the presenter was told through an earpiece to reduce his questioning she was that close to getting up and walking out.This Pacific island sojourn was designed for some R and R and I can’t blame her she’s had more issues to deal with than most could endure... she looks to have a good heart but unfortunately not up to making the hard decisions. She will not see out her term . Get National back in fast . Tweedledumb and Tweddledee but hey what can you do

sexist to the core that little diatribe 

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/boris-johnson-donald-trump-white-male-privilege_uk_5d3ae0c6e4b0ef792e0b07bd?utm_hp_ref=uk-homepage

8 minutes ago, glen said:

sexist to the core that little diatribe 

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/boris-johnson-donald-trump-white-male-privilege_uk_5d3ae0c6e4b0ef792e0b07bd?utm_hp_ref=uk-homepage

Sexist :rcfe-surprise: You having a laugh..... interesting, I was having a conversation tonight and the Huffington post was brought up in conversation:rcf-thinking-1: looks like you’ve got some homework to do Glen