RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

Jacinda Ardern

34 minutes ago, hesi said:

You guys are starting to get worried:)

Not me Hesi--my biggest worry is the train-wreck that is Lydia's golf performance. After that idiot Leadbetter gave her a Jim Furyk golf swing, the new yappie coach has made it worse. Co-incidentally he has also destroyed the form of the hottest player on tour, Ariya Jutarnigan. Impressive effort.

Labour 43% Nats 41%, latest Colmar Brunton poll.

You guys going to behave like some of those petulant American celebrities when Trumpy got in, and migrate:D

17 minutes ago, hesi said:

You guys going to behave like some of those petulant American celebrities when Trumpy got in, and migrate:D

Certainly not Hesi, it's called democracy and should be afforded respect as most of the other forms of governance are not desirable.

You'd be a great foil for the rednecks with an eminently sensible comment like that:)

10 hours ago, hesi said:

That should motivate people to get off their arses and vote...particularly Nats.....this is getting serious...:wacko:

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 3:25 PM, Ohokaman said:

Can you imagine Trump meeting her...?? He's already dissed May and Merkel....:rolleyes:

I don't think Trump is to keen on all those childless and barren leaders and there is a few of them.

1 hour ago, Ohokaman said:

Here's a taste of what's coming folks.......:rolleyes:

http://home.nzcity.co.nz/news/article.aspx?id=254905

Next she will be passing a law so that it is compulsary for a person living alone in a 2/3 bedroom house to take a boarder or renter.

This party just can't stop telling us whats best for us.

You guys are getting a bit mercenary, with more people having to rent, the situation had to be addressed.

Normal family people living their lives totally at the beck and call of a landlord, need more surety in their lives

We rented for a while when we sold the family home

Got moved out, 42 days notice because the landlord wanted to move back in, all had to happen the week before Xmas, not much fun

Then in the next property, got 90 days notice, because the property manager took a dislike to us, because we insisted that a very badly leaking roof in the garage was fixed.  No recourse for us, just 90 days.  As it happens we took them to the Tenancy Tribunal, and got several thousand dollars comp, but still had to move on.

Sure, a lot of dodgy tenants, but many more responsible ones, who just want some certainty in their lives

Hesi and Uber--have a read of Paul Little's piece about Election debates on the last page of North and South.

The debate 42 years ago between Muldoon and Rowling had issues of the day

1. Rising house prices--doubled in 3 years

2. Young not being able to afford a house

3. Flood of immigrants need to be stopped

4. Reign in house speculation.

Sound familiar. Except that 42 years ago there were no bleating millenials, interest rates were 15% and boomers lived within their means , ate at home, drank less grog and had no expensive "toys".The immigrants are only doing the jobs that 150,000 so-called unemployed will NOT do.

2 hours ago, hesi said:

You guys are getting a bit mercenary, with more people having to rent, the situation had to be addressed.

Normal family people living their lives totally at the beck and call of a landlord, need more surety in their lives

We rented for a while when we sold the family home

Got moved out, 42 days notice because the landlord wanted to move back in, all had to happen the week before Xmas, not much fun

Then in the next property, got 90 days notice, because the property manager took a dislike to us, because we insisted that a very badly leaking roof in the garage was fixed.  No recourse for us, just 90 days.  As it happens we took them to the Tenancy Tribunal, and got several thousand dollars comp, but still had to move on.

Sure, a lot of dodgy tenants, but many more responsible ones, who just want some certainty in their lives

And without these same Landlords, where would they be living again.....?? 

Typical Labour, tail wagging the dog......:rolleyes:

On 8/31/2017 at 8:54 PM, hesi said:

Poll Smoll , I havnt voted in years but will be this time,anything to try and stop this from happening

2 hours ago, chevy86 said:

Hesi and Uber--have a read of Paul Little's piece about Election debates on the last page of North and South.

The debate 42 years ago between Muldoon and Rowling had issues of the day

2. Young not being able to afford a house

That doesn't make sense, as little ago as the start of the 2000's, the Auckland house price to income ration was between 4 and 5X, now it is over 10

8 hours ago, hesi said:

That doesn't make sense, as little ago as the start of the 2000's, the Auckland house price to income ration was between 4 and 5X, now it is over 10

Maybe to you Hesi but I bought a farm in 1986 (no house-boarded) at a ratio of 8:1 because the vendor offered 14% interest only for 2 years and my partner and I did nothing but WORK( which including fencing every evening after my day job)--everything went into the vision so it can be done if you SACRIFICE in the short term as we did by deferring children a few years. Problem now is getting the deposit.

Must be a Labourite Hesi, look at the drivel about Ardern...

On Labour's Jacinda Ardern he was fulsome.

"Well it appears she's got youth and she's got energy, and she's almost - without blaspheming - she's the John Key effect for the Labour Party."

No experience, policies or new ideas though...airy fairy values will do eh Bruce....? :rolleyes:

12 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Must be a Labourite Hesi, look at the drivel about Ardern...

Not at all

I've actually voted for the Nats for all of my voting life, but I don't like the way the senior Nats have become so smug.

If you recall, Clark and Cullen also had become very smug, before they got ejected.

Seems to be a malaise with pollies that have been on the Treasury benches for too long

Apologies, just realised you were talking about Braid.

You cant level flaky and lefty at Fran O'Sullivan either, probably the most objective and hard hitting journo in NZ

It always amazes me when successful business people are trotted out to give their political view.

I wonder how many of them would be successful if it wasn't for tax loop holes etc.

Woodrow Wilson in 1812 said

''Big business  is not dangerous because it is big,

but because it's bigness is created by priveleges and exemptions''

Don't disagree with her stance on human rights with respect to the drug dealers, just that her and Billy Boy didn't get their story in sync before she went in to bat.

And stop quoting feminist, flaky journos like Rachel Smalley:rolleyes:

18 minutes ago, hesi said:

Don't disagree with her stance on human rights with respect to the drug dealers, just that her and Billy Boy didn't get their story in sync before she went in to bat.

And stop quoting feminist, flaky journos like Rachel Smalley:rolleyes:

Yes agree, but she suited the argument......;)