RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

Jacinda Ardern

10 hours ago, The Diceman Cometh said:

That's a big hole you are digging there Jack.

Still no evidence that the National Party hid anything.

23 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

John Fucking Campbell...the biggest whinging left wing cock sucker of our generation.

My greatest day when the sludge sucking bottom feeder got chutneyed by TV3 and was consigned to oblivion

Anything that loser says belongs deep in the trash bin of life, with him.

Well, that's a very mild assessment of said subject P4P.

I was always of the opinion that Campbell's arsehole had to be permanently jealous of his mouth because of the huge volume of shit that flowed from it.

Try again Jack.

3 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

The difference is striking

by Deb 

number-of-people-striking.png

credit: New Zealand National Party

A picture speaks a thousand words.  Quote:

[…] National leader Simon Bridges claimed that the new Government had seen more strike action than the previous National Government experienced in nine years.

“After less than nine months of this Government 32,000 workers have been involved in industrial action, or signalled their intention to be – compared to just over 27,000 that undertook strike action in the entire nine years of the previous Government,” Bridges said.[…]  End of quote.

The latest to strike are the Inland Revenue Department and the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment.  Quote:

More than 4000 public servants at Inland Revenue (IRD) and the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) will take industrial action next month, after an overwhelming vote to strike.

The Public Service Association (PSA) have confirmed that after a ballot of members at the two government departments, members had voted for a proposal for two two-hour stoppages on 9 July and 23 July.
PSA national secretary Glenn Barclay said the action was first “co-ordinated strikes” in the public service for many years. For IRD, it would be the first industrial action in 22 years.[…]

[…] Meanwhile the PSA has described IRD’s technology projects as “a mess”, which was having a major impact on staff.

PSA national secretary Erin Polaczuk said the decision to take action shows they are at the end of their tether.

“Our members take their jobs very seriously and they’re trying desperately to keep the system on track while [IRD] presses ahead with its business transformation project which will see one in three staff let go by 2021,” Polaczuk said.

The PSA gave details of the problems as they confirmed the action, claiming IRD’s systems were not equipped to process the best start tax credit, which should give lower income families an extra $60 a week for each child.

The payments are due to start next week.

“It starts on 1 July, and members are told they will have to process this manually, drastically increasing their workload,” Polaczuk said.  End of quote.

It would seem the incoming government chose a random date to implement their $60-a-week-per-child election bribe, without checking first with the IRD that it was achievable. Now the payment will have to be processed manually. Did I fall down a wormhole and go back in time to 1960?  

I’m not sure how paying them more money is going to decrease the workload, and going on strike will surely make it worse. It’s funny how the unions always strike for more money and give a completely nonsensical list of reasons that more money is never going to fix.f quote.

12 hours ago, The Diceman Cometh said:

Well, that's a very mild assessment of said subject P4P.

I was always of the opinion that Campbell's arsehole had to be permanently jealous of his mouth because of the huge volume of shit that flowed from it.

Try again Jack.

Jack, are you kidding?

The guy is a lawyer with the same West Coast firm for 28 years. A good fella apparantly in all respects in the community, with National awards to prove it.

BUT JACK?...........HE ALSO JUST HAPPENS TO BE THE CHAIRMAN OF THE PIKE RIVER FAMILIES GROUP.

Impartial ...........????????????????????

Are you a member of that group Jack ?In racing terms you seem ...blinkered.

Try again

Mike Hosking rips the government for their flip-flops and backdowns

by CS

Jacinda.jpg

Mike Hosking rips the government: Quote:

The latest backflip contains my frustrations with this Government. My frustrations and also my confusion.

The deal was this: to build a lot of houses we would train one local builder and bring one in from offshore. They’ve back flipped on that, it’s now just bring them in as fast as you can.

The deal was they would be cutting immigration by 30,000.

The backflip is, how can we do that when we are so short of builders?

The deal was foreigners are the problem in the housing market – we are going to ban them from participating.

The backflip is foreigners can build, rent and invest in large-scale projects.

Now my question is this: are they stupid? Are they really that backward? That naive? End quote.

Stupid, arrogant, intransigent and inept. They are the total package of political retards. Quote:

That as industry after industry, as contractor after contractor, as company after company told them of the constraints around labour, costs and finance when it came to housing.

There wasn’t a hope in hell of increasing the build numbers from what they already were.
And there was even less of a hope that KiwiBuild, at 10,000 new houses a year on top of all of that, would ever see the light of day if they insisted on ploughing forward with bans and restrictions.

Were they that naive? Or were they Machiavellian? End quote.

Phil Twyford isn’t smart enough to be Machiavellian. Quote:

Did they, because you can quite rightly ask, given how bleeding obvious it all was, simply spout what they wanted to spout during the campaign? Simply to lure in the gullible and get the votes – knowing full well that if they got to government they could never deliver on what they said they would.

I still don’t know for sure. But my guess is the former, and if I am right, that is a hopeless position for a government to be in.

As staggering as it would appear to be, they don’t strike me as nasty, as barefaced dishonest people. End of quote.

Some of them are, especially Phil Twyford. Quote:

But they do strike me as bewildered, inexperienced and perhaps surprised they got across the line last October.

You could argue that these backdowns are good, at least because it shows they are prepared to see the error of their ways.

And that they are capable of listening.

But having handed out that small bouquet, one is left with the glaringly large brickbat.

That almost beggars belief, that the things they couldn’t see were staring at them, so large, so obvious, so alarmingly obvious.

You can rightly feel nervous about the direction of this country.

Two more surveys this week showing falling confidence, and on the housing and finance policy backflips alone you can see why.

The growth number last week that was less than what it has been.

There is a massive “L” plate on this lot, and the damage is starting to get tangible. End quote.

A massive L-plate, and wonky space-saver wheels with only three nuts done up.

54 minutes ago, flockofewes2 said:

don't mention that National increased the tax on fuel by 17c a litre.

If you are going to dribble, try and keep the spittle to your woolly exterior, and not on my screen.

Just to provide a balanced argument, this from a Government media release in 2009:

Transport Minister Steven Joyce says the government will not proceed with regional fuel taxes, which are an “expensive and inefficient” means of collecting revenue. Regional Fuel Taxes will be partially replaced by smaller increases in national fuel taxes.  

The previous Labour-led government approved a regional fuel tax for Auckland, rising from 2 cents per litre in July to 9.5 cents per litre in two years' time. Auckland road users would have been taxed at that rate for 30 years. This was in addition to national increases in fuel taxes scheduled by the previous government of 1.5 cents per litre for the next three years.  The total tax increase by 2011 would have been 14 cents per litre for Aucklanders.

18 hours ago, poundforpound said:

John Fucking Campbell...the biggest whinging left wing cock sucker of our generation.

My greatest day when the sludge sucking bottom feeder got chutneyed by TV3 and was consigned to oblivion

Soon to feature on the big screen at Headquarters  P4P??? ;):D

This will make your day then P.....;)

https://www.radionz.co.nz/news/national/360703/broadcaster-john-campbell-to-leave-rnz

1 hour ago, The Diceman Cometh said:

If you are going to dribble, try and keep the spittle to your woolly exterior, and not on my screen.

Just to provide a balanced argument, this from a Government media release in 2009:

Transport Minister Steven Joyce says the government will not proceed with regional fuel taxes, which are an “expensive and inefficient” means of collecting revenue. Regional Fuel Taxes will be partially replaced by smaller increases in national fuel taxes.  

The previous Labour-led government approved a regional fuel tax for Auckland, rising from 2 cents per litre in July to 9.5 cents per litre in two years' time. Auckland road users would have been taxed at that rate for 30 years. This was in addition to national increases in fuel taxes scheduled by the previous government of 1.5 cents per litre for the next three years.  The total tax increase by 2011 would have been 14 cents per litre for Aucklanders.

none of that alters the fact....National increase was...17c.Never mind the 'spittle'...cometh the hour...cometh...

13 hours ago, flockofewes2 said:

none of that alters the fact....National increase was...17c.Never mind the 'spittle'...cometh the hour...cometh...

Which included the increases of your mob during their reign of terror.

It's like saying you come from a very musical flock because your sewing machines a Singer.

3 hours ago, The Diceman Cometh said:

Which included the increases of your mob during their reign of terror.

It's like saying you come from a very musical flock because your sewing machines a Singer.

no it was all the Natz own work.And no your analogy is neither relevant or humurous.

On 29 June 2018 at 1:56 PM, chevy86 said:

Soon to feature on the big screen at Headquarters  P4P??? ;):D

Does anybody watch that channel anymore ?

This is apt:

"John Campbell is a dickhead. People inside Radio NZ hated his sucking of important resources, but the cunning plan of his “good friend” Carol Hirschfeld was to get a Labour government elected and increase funding. All that collapsed when they were busted and Hirschfeld was unceremoniously dumped for her duplicity and deviousness.

The other party in that debacle was the inept and hugely stupid Clare Curran who singularly failed to obtain the increased funding to keep the deeply conceited John Campbell happy in his trough of taxpayer-funded swill."

3 hours ago, The Diceman Cometh said:

Does anybody watch that channel anymore ?

This is apt:

"John Campbell is a dickhead. People inside Radio NZ hated his sucking of important resources, but the cunning plan of his “good friend” Carol Hirschfeld was to get a Labour government elected and increase funding. All that collapsed when they were busted and Hirschfeld was unceremoniously dumped for her duplicity and deviousness.

The other party in that debacle was the inept and hugely stupid Clare Curran who singularly failed to obtain the increased funding to keep the deeply conceited John Campbell happy in his trough of taxpayer-funded swill."

I wish they would get rid of that little twat Dai Henwood. He was quite funny on Seven Days but now seems to front everything....

By CS

Kelvin-Davis.jpg

Kelvin Davis shows us yet another minister can’t remember simple things, like whether or not he read reports.

He is neck and neck with Clare Curran in the race for the stupidest minister: Quote:

Corrections Minister Kelvin Davis has done a swift backtrack saying he was aware of the latest prison population projections when the government made the Waikeria Prison decision.

Mr Davis had earlier told Morning Report he “hadn’t seen the forecasts” when he last month announced the decision to build a 600-bed facility at Waikeria instead of a much bigger one.

New Zealand’s prison population is being forecast to rise by more than 4000 over the next decade, according to a Ministry of Justice report. That would take the number of inmates to 14,400 by 2027.

The number of prisoners being held on remand – those awaiting trial or being held prior to sentencing – was predicted to almost double over that period to 5400. The report says that’s because of an increase in the length of time people are spending waiting for their case to go to trial.

Mr Davis told Morning Report he saw the Justice Ministry report for the first time last night.

“I didn’t personally [know about the forecast] when we made the [Waikeria] announcement,” he said.

But several hours later Mr Davis released a statement which said he meant to say he hadn’t read the public version of the report.

“The decision on the rebuild of Waikeria Prison was made by Cabinet based on the 2017 Justice Sector Projections,” the statement said.

My comments this morning were intended to convey that I simply had not read the public version of the report on the projections, which was published last week. Of course I’ve seen dozens of official reports based on the information in the projections.” End quote.

Oh! So there is a secret version? Not for long. I bet every journalist is hitting the OIA process for that. You just know that it will be a sea of black ink.

This government are proving time and time again that they are unfit for office, blindingly stupid and lazy to boot.

God knows what we pay them for because it appears it sure as hell isn’t for reading reports. Quote:

National leader Simon Bridges said the “perplexing statements” showed Mr Davis wasn’t across his portfolio.

He’s either not telling the truth or he’s simply not up to the job – and sadly, I think the latter is probably the case,” he said.

The government had to explain its plan in light of the fresh forecasts, he said.

Either they have to build more prison beds to keep New Zealanders safe – or they have to soften up the bail, sentencing and parole laws.

Cabinet papers related to the Waikeria decision would be released within the next ten days, Mr Davis said. End quote.

Oh goody. Perhaps he has read what is going to be released.

Davis, like Twyford, won’t be able to deliver on his goals, simply because he has no idea what actually happens in his portfolio. Labour can only meet their targets by implementing catch and release.

The stupidity of the captain’s call continues to be revealed

by WH 

clean-power-generation-with-natural-gas.

Bloomberg reports on this week’s World Gas Conference in Washington: Quote.

To reduce emissions and provide affordable electricity, the world needs to burn more fossil fuels, not less.

That’s the message being delivered by the world’s biggest energy companies at the World Gas Conference in Washington this week, where they championed natural gas as the fuel of the future, rather than one that simply bridges the gap toward renewables.

The world is facing the twin challenge of growing power supply — which Royal Dutch Shell Plc says needs to increase five times over the next 50 years — and reducing emissions to meet climate change targets. Energy companies see gas doing double duty: it has half the carbon emissions of coal when used in power generation, is abundant and relatively cheap.

The “big challenge for us in the industry is helping people recognize gas as a destination fuel, not just a transition fuel,” BP Plc Chief Executive Officer Bob Dudley said during a panel discussion. “There’s another camp, a surprising camp, that is intent on discrediting gas as an option.”

gas.png

It’s an argument that’s difficult to win with policy makers and the public, many of whom say that fossil fuels, including gas production facilities, are causing climate change and should be phased out, especially with wind, solar and battery technology making great strides in recent years. […]

U.S. emission levels are down to levels not seen since 1990 while those in the U.K. are at the lowest since the late 19th century due to gas replacing coal in power generation, according to BP’s Dudley.

The fuel should also be seen as a complement to renewable energy for when weather detracts from wind and solar power production, according to Shell’s De la Rey Venter, echoing a widely-held view in the industry.

If you really want to have a lot of renewables in your energy mix, you need to have a substantive gas backbone in the energy mix to enable that,” he said. “This notion of gas as the ultimate enabler of deep renewable penetration in an energy mix is very powerful.”

Chevron CEO Mike Wirth warned that a focus purely on renewables risks ignoring the needs of the developing world, where 1 billion people have no access to electricity. “Each of these people deserves access to reliable and affordable energy,” he said. Energy demand will rise 30 percent to 2040, boosted by rising populations, he said.[…]

“In the recent past we have seen people were sort of shying off the fossil fuel,” he said. “In spite of all the push and effort in renewables, gas is going to remain a mainstay, not only a transition fuel.”

Oil and gas producers clearly have a vested interest in championing their own products as the answer to the world’s energy needs. But their views and policies define how billions of people around the world live. Rising renewable technologies potentially pose a threat to their businesses if they succeed in replacing fossil fuels, the mainstay of their earnings.

As policy makers grapple with the future of energy, companies are busy pushing the next big gas frontier.

Anadarko Petroleum Corp. announced at the conference it will make a final investment decision on its mega-project in Mozambique in the first half of next year, while Exxon and Eni SpA are pushing ahead with their plans nearby, showing that fossil fuels have a long future.

“While the future of energy will be cleaner, it won’t be simple,” Chevron’s Wirth said. End of quote.

• you need a substantive gas backbone in the energy mix to enable renewables
  • gas is going to remain a mainstay
  • companies are busy pushing the next big gas frontier
  • fossil fuels have a long future

Except, of course, for New Zealand.

Someone promoted way above their competence level (not due to the Peter Principle in this case, more due to the unprincipled Peters) decided without talking to experts or her advisors or her caucus or anyone except Greenpeace, that gas was out of the New Zealand future.

We have 10 years’ natural gas supply left and absolutely no infrastructure, or suitable location to build such infrastructure, to import gas. After that, we are reliant on converting the methane from unicorn farts into fuel to charge the electric car batteries.

• “While the future of energy will be cleaner, it won’t be simple”

Especially not in New Zealand, it is going to be an unmitigated disaster unless the captain’s call can be overturned, hopefully along with her ship of fools.

Like any good captain, it is her duty to go down with the ship.

On 7/3/2018 at 11:24 AM, rdytdy said:

By CS

Kelvin-Davis.jpg

Kelvin Davis shows us yet another minister can’t remember simple things, like whether or not he read reports.

He is neck and neck with Clare Curran in the race for the stupidest minister: Quote:

Corrections Minister Kelvin Davis has done a swift backtrack saying he was aware of the latest prison population projections when the government made the Waikeria Prison decision.

Mr Davis had earlier told Morning Report he “hadn’t seen the forecasts” when he last month announced the decision to build a 600-bed facility at Waikeria instead of a much bigger one.

New Zealand’s prison population is being forecast to rise by more than 4000 over the next decade, according to a Ministry of Justice report. That would take the number of inmates to 14,400 by 2027.

The number of prisoners being held on remand – those awaiting trial or being held prior to sentencing – was predicted to almost double over that period to 5400. The report says that’s because of an increase in the length of time people are spending waiting for their case to go to trial.

Mr Davis told Morning Report he saw the Justice Ministry report for the first time last night.

“I didn’t personally [know about the forecast] when we made the [Waikeria] announcement,” he said.

But several hours later Mr Davis released a statement which said he meant to say he hadn’t read the public version of the report.

“The decision on the rebuild of Waikeria Prison was made by Cabinet based on the 2017 Justice Sector Projections,” the statement said.

My comments this morning were intended to convey that I simply had not read the public version of the report on the projections, which was published last week. Of course I’ve seen dozens of official reports based on the information in the projections.” End quote.

Oh! So there is a secret version? Not for long. I bet every journalist is hitting the OIA process for that. You just know that it will be a sea of black ink.

This government are proving time and time again that they are unfit for office, blindingly stupid and lazy to boot.

God knows what we pay them for because it appears it sure as hell isn’t for reading reports. Quote:

National leader Simon Bridges said the “perplexing statements” showed Mr Davis wasn’t across his portfolio.

He’s either not telling the truth or he’s simply not up to the job – and sadly, I think the latter is probably the case,” he said.

The government had to explain its plan in light of the fresh forecasts, he said.

Either they have to build more prison beds to keep New Zealanders safe – or they have to soften up the bail, sentencing and parole laws.

Cabinet papers related to the Waikeria decision would be released within the next ten days, Mr Davis said. End quote.

Oh goody. Perhaps he has read what is going to be released.

Davis, like Twyford, won’t be able to deliver on his goals, simply because he has no idea what actually happens in his portfolio. Labour can only meet their targets by implementing catch and release.

such irony after Key...'I can't recall'....I've got brain fade'....I forgot about my Tranzrail shares'.

As I said FU2.......wouldn’t be a complication for you though, you’d handle your own welfare cheques.

The shareholdings were managed on my behalf by my broker who had the authority to act on individual share parcels without referring back to the trust." 

I am not on welfare fella.