RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

Jacinda Ardern

7 minutes ago, 100 1 said:

You are another fake CNN watcher that will share the same grave as your dopey mate Ohokaman

No wonder you make zero sense

Ignore this wanker Idol......just another conspiracy theorist who actually knows sweet fuck all......:rcfe-clown:

Just now, Ohokaman said:

Ignore this wanker Idol......just another conspiracy theorist who actually knows sweet fuck all......:rcfe-clown:

Trump russia collusion was a conspiracy theory you pushed idiot

Obamagate is real...  see the declassified documents idiot or hasn't CNN told you about them?

On 5/11/2020 at 12:47 PM, jack said:

By Jehovah

Image may contain: possible text that says 'WHEN A SOCIETY REGRETS THE ECONOMIC LOSS MORE THAN THE OSS OF LIFE, IT DOESN'T NEED A VIRUS, IT IS ALREADY SICK.'

On 5/11/2020 at 1:43 PM, rdytdy said:

21 deaths all in the elderly age bracket with co-morbidities.

How many people will die as a result of depression, suicide and all those unable to seen/screened and treated for diseases such as cancer etc. It will be a substantially higher number than 21 and nor will their deaths reach the front page of the newspapers or lead the TV news.     

Sadly it appears that the butcher Roy Green (38) who appeared on TV talking about the stress of the lockdown has taken his own life last Sunday. He was told to shut down but the greengrocer next door could open. He made mention on TV of crying at night amid the struggles he was facing. 

RIP Roy 

1 hour ago, 100 1 said:

You are another fake CNN watcher that will share the same grave as your dopey mate Ohokaman

No wonder you make zero sense

So you can't actually come up with any substantial proof that Boris took your miracle cure then?

1 hour ago, Ohokaman said:

Everybody deserves a chance to back up their claims with irrefutable evidence....

19 minutes ago, rdytdy said:

Sadly it appears that the butcher Ray Green (38) who appeared on TV talking about the stress of the lockdown has taken his own life last Sunday. He was told to shut down but the greengrocer next door could open. He made mention on TV of crying at night amid the struggles he was facing. 

RIP Ray 

Roy Green I believe his name is/was

3 minutes ago, Idolmite said:

So you can't actually come up with any substantial proof that Boris took your miracle cure then?

I gave you the best ever proof but you are too ignorant to research it.

qanon.pub

36 minutes ago, 100 1 said:

I gave you the best ever proof but you are too ignorant to research it.

qanon.pub

You've made the claim.......I'm asking you to prove it. If you can.....

You gave me a link to that twat Doctor Oz talking about something else. 

6 minutes ago, Idolmite said:

You've made the claim.......I'm asking you to prove it. If you can.....

You gave me a link to that twat Doctor Oz talking about something else. 

Wrong again 

Boris came from military intelligence working with Trump

FYI  post 3964   https://qanon.pub/index2.html?

https://qanon.pub/index2.html?q=boris

49 minutes ago, 100 1 said:

Wrong again 

What on earth are you talking about Walter? 

You've made the claim that Boris was treated with HCQ whilst in hospital with Covid-19. 

I've asked you to provide a link to a reputable story that backs up your claims. You know the story on Race Cafe. If you can't prove it, don't say it. I await your link with interest. A link that actually works, and takes me to what I'm asking for. And NOT Doctor Oz this time......

41 minutes ago, 100 1 said:

Wrong again 

Actually, I've worked it out. Sorry, it was difficult to identify your particular style of sense of humour. That comment was a joke eh. Please tell me it was a joke. You mentioned the word "intelligence" in the same sentence as Boris and Trump. Very good. Very VERY good hahahahaha hahahahahahahahaha 

10 hours ago, rdytdy said:

Sadly it appears that the butcher Roy Green (38) who appeared on TV talking about the stress of the lockdown has taken his own life last Sunday. He was told to shut down but the greengrocer next door could open. He made mention on TV of crying at night amid the struggles he was facing. 

RIP Roy 

Comrade cindys will have a lot to answer for in the future , the victimisation of small business is disgusting , even her advisors recommended many businesses could have remained open and operated in the same way as supermarkets have but cindy knows better .  . (x Friday files dump )

A Government Related Death

By Juana Atkins

I do not want to be an ambulance chaser like the MSM so I am not going to write about the latest government-related suicide except in general terms. I am feeling so very angry right now and there are tears in my eyes as I type for this man’s young family left behind to pick up the pieces.

I can put myself in this man’s shoes because I have personally experienced many of the things that would have hit him with the force of a hurricane when the government, like a hanging judge pronouncing sentence, made the decision that his business would be not one of the chosen few allowed to live.

In a matter of weeks, he saw his successful business destroyed while a business only next door to his was allowed to continue.

His is not a COVID related death, his suicide is a government-related death. There may have been other issues at play but Ardern’s so-called government of kindness has pulled the rug out from under businesses literally overnight and has shown them no mercy.

Ardern herself not so long ago publicly said that “some businesses are not going to make it.” That was not a comment unrelated to her government’s actions; it was a comment about the government deciding which businesses would live and which would die.

Due to the extreme stress that she has put business owners under she may as well have said that some business owners are not going to make it. For a government that claims to care so much about mental health, the Ardern government’s actions have rapidly pushed many people to the brink. Her government’s continued restrictions are preventing people from taking control and are taking away any hope they had of rebuilding what her government caused them to lose.

I predict that the suicides that are already happening in the shadow of the lockdown are going to exceed the actual COVID-related deaths tenfold if they haven’t already. I highly doubt that the MSM, compromised as they are by Ardern’s bailout, are going to keep us fully informed as to the extent of the carnage.

The government, after all, singled the media out for special treatment. Not only did they allow them to operate throughout the lockdown, they also handed them 50 million dollars to replace lost advertising revenue. We can only speculate as to why they were valued above other industries that employ more people and produce goods of value to our economy.

I hold Ardern and her government 100% responsible for every suicide related to the decisions of her government. Her government is cruel, not kind, and no matter what spin her bought and paid for ‘Ministry of Truth’ prints, we know the truth.

Jacinda Ardern has blood on her hands.

BoomSlang-Jacinda-business-The_BFD-washi The BFD. Cartoon credit BoomSlang

4 hours ago, rdytdy said:

A Government Related Death

By Juana Atkins

I do not want to be an ambulance chaser like the MSM so I am not going to write about the latest government-related suicide except in general terms. I am feeling so very angry right now and there are tears in my eyes as I type for this man’s young family left behind to pick up the pieces.

I can put myself in this man’s shoes because I have personally experienced many of the things that would have hit him with the force of a hurricane when the government, like a hanging judge pronouncing sentence, made the decision that his business would be not one of the chosen few allowed to live.

In a matter of weeks, he saw his successful business destroyed while a business only next door to his was allowed to continue.

His is not a COVID related death, his suicide is a government-related death. There may have been other issues at play but Ardern’s so-called government of kindness has pulled the rug out from under businesses literally overnight and has shown them no mercy.

Ardern herself not so long ago publicly said that “some businesses are not going to make it.” That was not a comment unrelated to her government’s actions; it was a comment about the government deciding which businesses would live and which would die.

Due to the extreme stress that she has put business owners under she may as well have said that some business owners are not going to make it. For a government that claims to care so much about mental health, the Ardern government’s actions have rapidly pushed many people to the brink. Her government’s continued restrictions are preventing people from taking control and are taking away any hope they had of rebuilding what her government caused them to lose.

I predict that the suicides that are already happening in the shadow of the lockdown are going to exceed the actual COVID-related deaths tenfold if they haven’t already. I highly doubt that the MSM, compromised as they are by Ardern’s bailout, are going to keep us fully informed as to the extent of the carnage.

The government, after all, singled the media out for special treatment. Not only did they allow them to operate throughout the lockdown, they also handed them 50 million dollars to replace lost advertising revenue. We can only speculate as to why they were valued above other industries that employ more people and produce goods of value to our economy.

I hold Ardern and her government 100% responsible for every suicide related to the decisions of her government. Her government is cruel, not kind, and no matter what spin her bought and paid for ‘Ministry of Truth’ prints, we know the truth.

Jacinda Ardern has blood on her hands.

BoomSlang-Jacinda-business-The_BFD-washi The BFD. Cartoon credit BoomSlang

Of course what the story doesn't do, because it doesn't embellish the writer's angle, is to point out as the family has done in the MSM that Roy had other underlying issues as well, and while the failure of the business may have been the final straw it was not the only story behind the tragedy. That is what this sort of angry reporting does. Only reports the parts of the story that suit the writers angle, and disregards the facts that don't. Extremely poor reporting that doesn't even deserve to be posted on here. 

Some interesting comments from Rob Fyfe.....

Broadcasting veteran Paul Henry doubts that Kiwis have the will to create a better future post Covid-19.

The Rebuilding Paradise host was recently lured out of retirement by MediaWorks to front a new show that looked to stimulate debate and create momentum for life post-Covid.

The show is currently in its fourth and final week, and while it did pull in audiences, Newsroom reports that Henry has been left disappointed by Kiwis as we look towards the future.

Speaking to Mark Jennings at Newsroom, Henry said: "I think there is a good chance we [New Zealand] will miss the opportunity. I was hoping that there could be a bounce forward not a bounce back. It's the human way – a life of least resistance. I'm not depressed, I'm disappointed."

Henry went on to note that the "vibe" in the interviews he has done has been the catalyst for his disappointment. He referred to Rob Fyfe, former Air New Zealand CEO, who is currently working as a volunteer liaison for the Government.

Fyfe told Henry: "I haven't seen a long-term plan yet. I think the last six weeks I've seen us fighting a fire and trying to get back on our feet. We need a long-term plan. The world's changed, and it's changed for many years to come."

"You could see the frustration on his face," Henry told Jennings, and said those frustrations have impacted the broadcaster's mindset.

"There is not one person in the Government that has a plan or can articulate a plan.

"A plan has a start, a process and a goal … not one minister can articulate what that plan is.

"Instead, it's panic and continue to employ as many people as possible. That is not a plan's a***hole.

Henry also noted that Labour's deputy leader, and Minister of Tourism, Kelvin Davis, had "nothing to contribute at all" when Henry asked him about the 100,000 tourism jobs about to be lost and simply referred to the situation as "an unprecedented event".

Lost Transcript of Henry vs Davis – “What’s Your Plan Kelvin?”

By Peter Gibbons

The recent broadcast version of the interview between Kelvin Davis and Paul Henry is generally considered one of the worst media appearances since Kim Dotcom’s “Moment of Truth” debacle and that one time Kelvin Davis got to do a press conference as Acting Prime Minister.

Today we can reveal that it was not actually their first attempt at an interview. Davis and Henry shot an earlier version but under the new “COVID-19 means Ministers get two goes at any media interviews” Prime Ministerial directive it was suppressed on the grounds of s.19(d) specifically “it was really embarrassing.”

Here is the unedited transcript of the first interview:

PAUL HENRY: Good evening…

KELVIN DAVIS: Let me stop you right there. I feel very strongly that the Prime Minister has told me not to say anything at all, or, if I do, to immediately challenge the right-wing propaganda of journalists such as you and pretty much everyone from Radio New Zealand.

Fact Check – Yes, my watch confirms it is evening. However, the question of goodness remains unresolved to date. I will leave that determination to the only poll that matters.

PAUL HENRY: The general election?

KELVIN DAVIS: No. The next UMR focus group. Wait, I am now being advised that I always meant the election and was just being sarcastic about the focus group.

Wait, I am now being advised that I was being sarcastic about being sarcastic as that apparently does not work anymore.

PAUL HENRY: So, Kelvin Davis…

KELVIN DAVIS: You finally get something correct! Kelvin Glen Davis (born 2 March 1967) is a New Zealand politician and a member of the House of Representatives who has served as Deputy Leader of the Labour Party since 1 August 2017.

PAUL HENRY: Mr Davis, that sounds suspiciously like your Wikipedia page.

KELVIN DAVIS: Indeed. I pride myself on my research.

PAUL HENRY: So, what is your assessment of the tourism sector under COVID-19?

KELVIN DAVIS: Absolutely appalling. Nine long years of neglect. Time for change!

PAUL HENRY: At the risk of being contrarian, you have been the Minister of Tourism for two and a half years.

KELVIN DAVIS: I would have to independently verify that claim Paul. Certainly, no one has mentioned it to me. Grant Robertson deals with all my correspondence. Lovely chap. You should ask him. He would know what my position is.

PAUL HENRY: So, you are happy with your promotion of New Zealand as an international or domestic tourism destination?

KELVIN DAVIS: Look, New Zealand is here, I can see it out of my window. I am here as Minister of Tourism it seems. Why should I have to do all the work? Show some initiative people! Where the bloody hell are you? Write that down – great slogan!

PAUL HENRY: And what about Maori education? You are Associate Minister of Education in this area.

KELVIN DAVIS: Absolutely in favour of Maori education. Do not let anyone tell you otherwise. I will leave the technical questions to officials.

PAUL HENRY: So, what exactly would you say you do here Mr Davis?

KELVIN DAVIS: I found out recently that if something happens to Jacinda Ardern I will be Prime Minister. I always assumed it would be Winston or someone senior like Peeni Henare. I presumed I would be the designated survivor. Turns out the PM would be me! I had a go at it a few years ago for two days and I am told my one and only press conference is still being talked about today. How cool is that?

PAUL HENRY: Minister, thank you for your time.

KELVIN DAVIS:  No thank you Mr Holmes.

PAUL HENRY: I am Paul Henry. The late Paul Holmes sadly passed away in 2013.

KELVIN DAVIS: Oh. Sorry. My interview notes must be out of date. I do not get allowed to do these sorts of things very often for some reason.

PAUL HENRY: Thank you for watching and good night.

KELVIN DAVIS: Thanks to my watch I can indeed confirm it is now night. Night.

A Government beneath Contempt

By JC

Jacinda, your Government is beneath contempt. The lowest of the low. You are nothing more than a gang of bullies. You profess to care. You profess to be kind. You are fake. You are the worst Government of a lifetime. Some of your lot wouldn’t know the truth if it jumped up and gave them a facial. I’m not even sure that some of the things you have done in the last couple of months are even legal.

Well, that’s a start but I could go on. What really got me going was yet another reported example of the opposite of the kindness you bang on about. A man has flown over from Australia to see his dying wife and you have him holed up in isolation. His request to see his wife has been denied. He can’t be with her. Why the bloody hell not? There’s a one in a million chance of getting this sniffle. The way you have treated these people has been outrageous. To put them through torture, which is what it is, is blatant hypocrisy on your part.

The same applies to funerals. There is no good reason why these people have been treated in such a callous and cold-hearted way. It is disgraceful beyond words.

Other examples have been the Cancer Society Medical Director who had to tell a young woman over the phone that she was going to die. A woman was forced to learn she had miscarried alone while her husband sat in the car park also alone.

What about the tragic case of the 18-year-old boy who took his own life and his parents were not allowed to view him at peace. These are the actions of an inhumane government. At no stage did the virus event demand draconian rules such as these. But, boy, it was right up your alley when dictatorial control was in the offing, wasn’t it?

Then there’s the dumping of the documents on a Friday afternoon. A cynical ploy which only succeeded in getting yourself offside with your luvvies in the media. David Parker’s hopeless explanation did absolutely nothing to exonerate the Government from this despicable behaviour. Then you stand up at your sideshow presser and say that next time the documents will be released in the morning as you understand there was some angst. You knew damn well there would be angst. If you’re prepared to upset your intimates in the media one can only assume you don’t care who you upset.

Not content with that, there was the follow up gagging email from one of your senior ministerial advisors advising Ministers not to respond to questions on the documents other than short written answers which would have to be vetted through your office first. It may not have been intended, but what this did was to highlight to all and sundry what a bunch of muppets you are in charge of. The official reason was there was no need to defend because the public has confidence in what has been achieved and what the Government is doing. Pull the other one. It plays The Carnival Is Over.

The next little trick in your abhorrent playbook was to attempt to stop anyone other than Parliamentary journalists from attending the pre-Budget lockup. The virus was the weak excuse for not allowing proper scrutiny of the Budget by those representing communities of interest. Thankfully, the Taxpayers Union kicked up a fuss and put an end to your little tyrannical plan. Do you think we can’t see through your pathetic attempts to emulate the vision of a socialist dictator?

Now we have the COVID-19 Public Health Response Bill which gives Police, among other things, the right to enter a private house without a warrant. That is scandalous. This is legislation to legalise level two rules which only goes to show the illegality of levels three and four. We are fast moving towards a police state.

It might be news to you Jacinda Ardern but this country is actually a democracy. That may well be a foreign word to you and the doctrine you adhere to but it is a very precious word to most of us. Plenty of fine young men left these shores and gave their lives for exactly that – democracy. You, to your everlasting shame, obviously couldn’t give one iota with regard to them.

It is my observation that you have brought Parliament into disrepute. Bills are being rushed through with virtually no time for proper consideration. You have given the country the two-fingered salute and done just what has suited you and your right hand one o’clock circus ringmaster. What we are now seeing is something akin to a dictatorship. It was always a concern that you would use this event to further your repugnant objectives and it pains me to say you have not disappointed. If anything, you have and are continuing to exceed my most feared expectations.

the-peak.jpg?resize=630%2C630&ssl=1 The BFD. Cartoon credit SonovaMin

Jacinda, you and your Government have one hell of a lot to answer for. You have vastly overplayed your hand in the quest to impose your political ideology on this country. Your day of judgement is on September 19th. It had better be a normal election in terms of how it is held and not riddled with rules more akin to a socialist autocracy, using COVID-19 yet again as the excuse. I advise you to wake up from your Marxist dreamworld and realise this country will not tolerate your dogma or anything remotely like it.

You may not realise it but the majority of people in this country have you and your Government on notice. My advice to you is to have a massive rethink between now and the election. Believe me, your chances of a second term depend on it

A Barnum and Bailey Budget

By JC

Ardern and Robertson are running a circus. I leave it to you to work out who is the ringmaster and who is the clown. Ardern warned beforehand to prepare for pain. She, of course, didn’t divulge just how much. As it turned out, for obvious reasons. If I’d known how much, eg. a $124 billion rise in public debt that equates to $70,000 per household, I would probably have anaesthetised myself and spent the afternoon in another probably better place. Robertson said it was time to put the brolly up as the rainy day had arrived. He then proceeded to read out a statement which was more like having thunder and lightning of biblical proportions rained upon us. Noah and the Ark sprang to mind.

The Government deserves some credit for extending the wage subsidy but not much else. This was a budget Robertson could have produced in normal times without COVID-19. What he’s done is use the event to spray money around, again poorly targeted, which does little to help those who need it most: small to medium businesses and the decimated tourist industry. Proof, yet again, that this Government has no understanding of the requirements of running a business. The nearest is Damien O’Connor who owns a dairy farm.

Getting retail up and running should have been a priority. Apart from continuing the wage subsidy they got precious little else. Outside farming and tourism we are largely a nation of small to medium retailers, be it in malls, high street shops, restaurants, cafes, bars, car dealers or light industrial. Right now these people need short term, non-refundable financial aid to help with the overheads which didn’t stop when the customers did. The trade training scheme is commendable for job creation but of no immediate help.

Tourism got a measly $4 million though we are told there is more to come in the coming months. Why not now when it’s desperately needed? It probably doesn’t help that the Tourism Minister is a basket case. He turned up at the Epidemic Response Committee and couldn’t define what tourism was. This is the country’s top earning industry and its on its knees. It is reported job losses could still be 100,000 plus. Where was the talk of a multi million dollar spend on domestic tourism which would help travel, transport, hospitality and accommodation operators? Nonexistent. Why? Social distancing no doubt. Two on a bus and four on a train doesn’t cut it. As for accomodation, there were six in the bed and Jacinda said roll over, roll over and Grant fell out followed by Kelvin, Phil, Willie, and Megan.

So who were the big winners? Surprise, surprise, it was NZ First and the Greens. In other words, a normal budget. Winston’s baubles this time around were big boys toys in the form of trains and boats and he probably would have got planes as well had they been in business. Actually he did get the planes through the Defence allocation.

Does anyone remember the Dionne Warwick song? This to me was the ghost of Rob Muldoon. Did you hear a chuckle from up above by any chance? There will be 11,000 ‘green’ jobs — whatever they are. Regional environment schemes, biosecurity, pest control (does that include the Government) and DOC’s “jobs for nature” fund. Pretty much as wishy-washy as the Greens themselves.

Welfare featured prominently as you would expect. More parents won’t have to provide a lunch as another $220 million has been poured into the free lunch programme feeding another 200,000 children. You would expect a reduction in the school rolls, though, as a percentage of pupils must have died of starvation since the schools have been closed. As David Seymour said, these kids will learn the hard way there is no such thing as a free lunch as they will grow up living with triple the debt we had a year ago. Eight thousand new state homes will be built over five years. Really? They’ll need more than Bob the Builder and Peter, Paul and Mary’s Little Boxes to achieve that on their current track record.

The big things that would have made a difference just weren’t there. David Seymour pointed out legislation was needed to fix the RMA Act, to cut red tape, to provide for the next epidemic with sorting out the borders, ensuring we have the necessary gear. Where were the vitally needed tax cuts? Where was there any sign of enthusiasm for attracting vitally needed overseas investment? Not interested. This was a predictable budget all about Big Government run from the Beehive. This is their preferred approach, the socialist way. The Government runs everything, uses our money and borrows more to pay for everything with no idea what to do when the money runs out.

In terms of a long term plan there wasn’t one, which bore out what Rob Fyfe has been saying. There is no vision. Just a hope of keeping as many jobs as possible but no strategy to create any new ones in the immediate future. Obviously Robertson has kept a war chest of billions for the election. When the country is in the situation it is, this is no more than a disgraceful cynical political ploy. As was the budget actually. Keep the coalition partners happy and to hell with everyone else.

It is only too obvious that the people who have the ability to get us out of these types of situations are all on the other side of the house. Think of the GFC, earthquakes etc. Arguing over the pros and cons of them is pointless. They are needed. With this lot, as Carole King would say, It Might As Well Rain Until September.

I predict it will and there’ll be a stormy few months between now and then.

Ardern Now Using 1pm Briefing as Party-Political Broadcast.

Under the Guise of a COVID-19 Health Update)

The gloves are off and the race is on to make up for all the time lost in fighting the virus foe.

Ardern’s daily health announcement has now become her soap box to promote her party ahead of September’s election.  If that is going to continue, Simon Bridges should get a right of reply! Or at least be questioning the legality of Ardern using both TV channels daily as a means to electioneer under the guise of a health update. 

Bridges has been a bit of a thorn in the government’s side this week. He was on the public’s side with his opposition to Ardern’s inhumane stance on small numbers for funerals, which saw Ardern back down, sending her hapless health minister to make the announcement.

Also, National’s opposition to the new law passed under urgency giving police unprecedented powers to enter premises at least saw a backdown from a 2 years duration to 3 months with automatic reassessment. 

It also saw Michael Woodhouse, when speaking on this issue label Ardern as ‘Robert Muldoon, with slogans and kindness’. 

Pixy_the_BFD-Muldoon-Government-Jacinda- The BFD. Photoshopped image credit Pixy

Ardern certainly has a loyal cheerleader, the embarrassingly ardent, Chris Trotter. Fretting his “saintly” one may lose in September, Chris Trotter is encouraging Ardern to go to the polls early, praising her party-political 1 pm broadcast on Tuesday. He references her “go early, go hard” (oft-repeated, misleading) line regarding the government’s epidemic response. 

Trotter’s reasoning is to go early, while spirits are high with people returning to work and social life, before the rot sets in and reality bites: unemployment, austerity, long dole queues and growing social deprivation.

Knowing her cautious approach, of which we all have first-hand experience, with her enforced incarceration in ‘lock down’ longer than necessary, my money is on her not going to the polls early.

Also, with her rather large ego and narcissistic personality propped up by daily dollops of social media exposure, she will have supreme confidence that her “team of 5 million” will stick by her through thick and thin

She did go hard, definitely, and decimate our economy (which Robertson completely put the kybosh on with today’s lolly scramble budget). But a little research will show she did not go early. 

Full quarantine on 7 April three weeks after border lock down is only early in relation to the UK who have not done it yet.

Trotter also makes the unbelievable statement “these opinion-formers of the Right have waged an increasingly destructive campaign against the Prime Minister’s near saintly status” in his article, The Right’s Full-Court Press.”

Is this man for real?  All I can say is thank god for Slater, Hosking and Hooten whom he is referencing, who have the temerity to speak out about the obvious flaws of our lightweight leader. However, they are not the only ones. Our largely left-leaning press do surprise us from time to time with some scathing assessments of her dodgy decision making and propensity to hide and deny stuff.

Bridges ended the week well with an impressive response to the budget. I agree with his plan to “get NZ working again”. But whether National will be able to get the public’s attention with the government brazenly throwing money around like drunken sailors until the election, is another matter. 

A Huge Debt- but Not of Gratitude

By JC

An article in a weekend newspaper featuring Grant Robertson talking about his $50 billion dollar bill showed just how little understanding he has of what is needed to get out of the canyon he has put us in. Referring to last week’s article by Audrey Young, it was stated that nothing gets done unless he and Ardern agree. After this week’s Budget, there’s either a lot of disagreement or a lack of know-how or both, because the reality is that nothing is getting done. Except opening the country’s largest wallet, the one that contains our hard-earned money.

Opening the wallet and spraying our money around is the easy bit as is running up billions in debt – it’s actually $62 billion all up, that’s around twenty per cent of annual GDP. When asked how the increased debt level would be repaid, Robertson swatted that away by saying it would be repaid over time as a result of the economy growing. What sort of a glib statement is that? Talk about the bleeding obvious.

What Robertson doesn’t explain is how he is going to grow the economy. There was zilch in the Budget. One can’t criticise the extension of the wage subsidy scheme but that is simply part of the rescue package. Preserving jobs is one thing but unless there is a pathway to growth, those jobs will disappear. Take tourism, the country’s number one income earner, currently on its knees. A Finance Minister cognisant of the effects of that would have singled the sector out for special attention. But no, all they got was a measly $400 million.

Maori received over twice as much. When Barry Soper asked Robertson why that was, the reply was the same old same old: they are depressed, deprived and disproportionately represented in the statistics. Which, apart from anything else, is an admission the Government has failed its voter base. One wonders what has happened to the Treaty settlement monies. Some has been used wisely to grow the Maori economy to the point where they should be able to look after themselves.

Robertson says he won’t be going down the austerity route as happened in the 80s and 90s. He says it was young people who bore the brunt of that and he’s determined it won’t happen to young people this time. By young does he mean pre-school because even they will be repaying the debt he’s just run up. The man deserves to be called stupid if he thinks the economy is going to launch like a rocket, which it will have to do if the young are to avoid being affected.

As ANZ chief economist Sharon Zollner pointed out, young people were already having a tough time because of what had happened to asset prices, particularly housing, and now they are the ones being saddled with this debt. Robertson appears oblivious to this, which shows his lack of understanding of economic matters. Thanks to him, the effect on the young will be far greater than the GFC shock or the earthquake crises. Bruce Bernacchi, head of financial services at KPMG, said he wouldn’t be surprised to see more taxes if the current Government was returned at the next election.

Neither would I. That reflects the extent of the economic thinking on the left of politics. It is simply ‘tax and spend’. As the Budget showed they have no vision or long term strategy because they are incapable of implementing one. This leads to uncertainty across all sectors of business. With that comes a lack of confidence. This is not the Government for the time. They only know how to handle the negative side of a problem; when it comes to executing something to assist the positive side they are lost.

Always have been. Always will be.

Screen-Shot-2020-05-16-at-3.52.34-PM.png The BFD. Photoshopped image credit Pixy free-money.jpg?resize=630%2C630&ssl=1 The BFD. Free Money. Cartoon credit SonovaMin

Be afraid people, be very afraid:

NZ Will Never Be The Same

By George

According to some we are entering a new beginning where all the wrongs of our past can be rectified. They claim “it will never be the same”. Or in other words, for the betterment of mankind, let’s prepare society to embrace a new ideology which, through targeted social engineering, will save us from ourselves.

Well, if confining everyone to their homes with the generous concession of being able to go for a walk in your neighbourhood once a day is our new beginning, then bring it on. If closing down all commerce bringing the economy to a grinding halt is the answer, what are we waiting for? If it’s printing money to give the populace pocket money to spend in shops that are closed, rip into it.

Apparently nature has been restored. Pollution was eliminated within a blink of an eye. Four billion years of immoral evolution, industrial progress and the emergence of intellectual progress was reversed, the sea level was stabilised, the bush fires were extinguished. All within six weeks, the planet was saved.

But sadly, being a capitalist country, we will have an alternative agenda. We will need to restore our wealth and prosperity. How you ask? Well, we have assembled a team of experts. The best money can buy; the megastars of industry; the progressive juggernauts of commercial enterprise.

And here are some of the economic rock stars we are entrusting with this responsibility.

Phil Twyford, Minister for Economic Development and Urban Development
Jenny Salesa, Minister for Building and Construction
Willie Jackson, Minister of Employment
lain Lees-Galloway, Minister for Workplace Relations and Safety, and
Shane Jones, Minister for Regional Economic Development.
What could possibly go wrong?

Cartoon-The_BFD-SonovaMin-switch-on-scal The BFD. Cartoon credit SonovaMin

They are right. “It will never be the same”.

Cartoon-The_BFD-SonovaMin-switch-on-scaled.jpg?resize=630,745&ssl=1

Typical racist propaganda from The National Party ...  When there`s are World Pandemic , Hundred`s of thousand of people have died world wide because of this Covid 19 ...

And harden followers of The National Party come up with a " Monkey " image of the Prime Minister of New Zealand ... She may have saved your mother or father , brother or sister , friends ..etc

Shame on those who pursue this course of rhetoric  .....

I surmise that these follower`s have their usefulness within The National  Party!!

46 minutes ago, jack said:

Cartoon-The_BFD-SonovaMin-switch-on-scaled.jpg?resize=630,745&ssl=1

Typical racist propaganda from The National Party ...  When there`s are World Pandemic , Hundred`s of thousand of people have died world wide because of this Covid 19 ...

And harden followers of The National Party come up with a " Monkey " image of the Prime Minister of New Zealand ... She may have saved your mother or father , brother or sister , friends ..etc

Shame on those who pursue this course of rhetoric  .....

I surmise that these follower`s have their usefulness within The National  Party!!

Even the Nats wouldn't want most of those on here........probably not even Act.