RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

Jacinda Ardern

21 minutes ago, Uriah Heap said:

RDYTDY

You should probably give it a rest for a while.

Why ? , cindy and her lot see this health CRISIS  as their saviour and are prepared to make full use of it for political gain .

labourad.png

22 March 2020

The bulk of that funding, some 30 million dollars, has been made available for targeted health funding for Maori.

The Government has earmarked more than 56 million-dollars to support Maori communities and businesses feeling the economic impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic

So what has happened to "we are all in this together" , different rules for different voters .

6 hours ago, tripple alliance said:

Why ? , cindy and her lot see this health CRISIS  as their saviour and are prepared to make full use of it for political gain .

labourad.png

22 March 2020

The bulk of that funding, some 30 million dollars, has been made available for targeted health funding for Maori.

The Government has earmarked more than 56 million-dollars to support Maori communities and businesses feeling the economic impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic

So what has happened to "we are all in this together" , different rules for different voters .

Aren`t Maori tax`s payers too ... Typical Nationalist attitude...

12 minutes ago, jack said:

If Maori actually looked after their own health, and their families health, nobody would complain Jack. Problem is they don’t....

19 minutes ago, jack said:

Thats his point, we ALL are. It just seems the focus was on certain groups of a society. I know some very hard working Maori, and had the pleasure of crossing paths with some decent folk from Te Hapua in the Far North, all of whom are more than worthy recipients . Cindy thrives on this, but shes in bed with the left so we are in deep shit financially particularly after this crisis...... That is a fair point Ohoka but Jack may see it as a Slur 

1 hour ago, jack said:

That's a very delusional attitude jack , just look at the facts of what's happened , we are ALL taxpayers paying tax under the same rules .

In a CRISIS  one group in society has been given special privilege based on RACE so who is the raciest  ? , I would argue cindy and those who decided one group in society is more worthy of help than the rest is the raciest . This is a race based decision .

10 hours ago, Uriah Heap said:

RDYTDY

You should probably give it a rest for a while.

Why. She is the most useless prime Minister this country has ever had.

Go early and go hard she claims. Utter Bullshit. All she was concerned about most of this month was wanting the March 15th commemoration to go ahead of the mosque shooting so she could grandstand to the world.

Unfortunately for her the Covid 19 virus was escalating in front of her eyes and March 15 was cancelled at the last minute. Our borders should have been closed weeks ago with far more severe checks and restrictions placed on people coming into the country. people have not been stringently tested or restricted.  She has been reactive all the way throughout this not gone early or hard.  

Not prepared': China-based Kiwi says process to enter Auckland took five seconds

A Shanghai-based man from New Zealand believes the country is "not prepared" for the coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic as he documented his arrival in New Zealand compared with his arrival in China.

Andy Boreham arrived in New Zealand before the Government announced a total closure of its borders but after it announced anyone entering the country must self-quarantine for 14 days. He documented his experience in a series of videos posted to Facebook.

"I knew, from that announcement [self-quarantine], that things would only get worse in terms of flights between Asia and New Zealand so I made the decision to fly home ASAP and check out their new measures.

"It's a bit of a damning analysis of New Zealand's preparedness for COVID-19, for example, I spent 25 hours coming through immigration in China because of the risk I posed having passed through Japan, versus a LITERAL five-second (not a typo) process entering Auckland from China via Japan," he says.

Last week, Director General of Health Dr Ashley Bloomfield told The AM he had confidence in the process at the border.

Boreham's documentation comes after criticism last week New Zealand was still not doing enough at the border. Auckland woman Maree Glading wrote on Facebook of her experience at the airport on Wednesday, claiming she was not told what was involved with self-isolation.

Asked about the claims last week, Dr Bloomfield said, "That surprises me.

"I do know that as people go through the border, there is a whole lot happening all at once and people are thinking about different things - the expectation of self-isolation is really clear to any passenger coming in," he told The AM Show.

Currently, anyone entering New Zealand must self-isolate for 14 days.

"Because direct flights between China and New Zealand were stopped weeks ago, and because most countries and regions I could transit through wouldn't allow me to enter because of having been in mainland China I was forced to transit through Japan's Narita airport in Tokyo," Boreham says.

When he arrived at Auckland Airport, he filmed an official giving him a card with information about self-isolation, who asked him if he had been "feeling unwell", before sending him on his way.

"They didn't care that I'd just come from China and I was allowed into my home country," Boreham says.

After spending just one night in New Zealand, Boreham got back on a flight to Tokyo to make his way back to Shanghai amid fears those borders would also close.

"I got on my flight to Shanghai with Spring Airlines in Tokyo and it was a completely different picture," he says.

"When I arrived in Shanghai I experience the measures being taken to stem the flow of COVID-19 back into China.

"I was asked multiple questions, had my temperature taken several times and was soon allowed to find my way to a counter for the district I live in. From there they took about 12 of us, Chinese and foreigners to a testing facility in our district."

After waiting overnight to be tested for coronavirus - in which his test came back negative - Boreham says he waited 14 hours in the facility before finally being taken home in a bus where they were followed by the police.

"I'm on a STRICT two-week quarantine, with a device attached to my door that will notify authorities if I open it."

On Thursday, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern announced New Zealand's borders would close to non-residents in an attempt to stop the spread of COVID-19.

'Same trajectory as Italy': GP says NZ too late in raising COVID-19 alert level

A general practitioner says the New Zealand government has acted too late in raising the country's alert level as the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases surpasses 100. 

Dr Michael Courtenay is among more than 67,000 people who supported a petition, started by Urgent Care Physician Dr Kelvin Ward, calling for New Zealand to go to level 4 alert to prevent the health system being overrun and "countless unnecessary deaths". 

A general practitioner says the New Zealand government has acted too late in raising the country's alert level as the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases surpasses 100. 

Dr Michael Courtenay is among more than 67,000 people who supported a petition, started by Urgent Care Physician Dr Kelvin Ward, calling for New Zealand to go to level 4 alert to prevent the health system being overrun and "countless unnecessary deaths". 

At the weekend, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern introduced a four-tier alert system based on the spread of the virus and announced New Zealand was at a level two. 

On Monday, she escalated the status to a level three and said level four is imminent in 48 hours. 

With more than 40 years as a doctor behind him, Dr Courtenay says he has been extremely concerned about the time it has taken for the Government to act. 

He says there's an "overwhelming feeling" among the medical profession that the status should have moved "without any hesitation", but decision-makers were slow to listen to the advice from the medical fraternity.  

"I cannot under emphasise how unbelievably serious it is. You're not going to believe how serious it's going to get," Dr Courtenay told Newshub. "I'm not being melodramatic, this is fact.

"We're on the same trajectory as Italy right at this point and time, it's doubling every three days and the government is late already making the call.

At the weekend, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern introduced a four-tier alert system based on the spread of the virus and announced New Zealand was at a level two. 

On Monday, she escalated the status to a level three and said level four is imminent in 48 hours. 

With more than 40 years as a doctor behind him, Dr Courtenay says he has been extremely concerned about the time it has taken for the Government to act. 

He says there's an "overwhelming feeling" among the medical profession that the status should have moved "without any hesitation", but decision-makers were slow to listen to the advice from the medical fraternity.  

"I cannot under emphasise how unbelievably serious it is. You're not going to believe how serious it's going to get," Dr Courtenay told Newshub. "I'm not being melodramatic, this is fact.

"We're on the same trajectory as Italy right at this point and time, it's doubling every three days and the government is late already making the call.

With 5476 now dead in Italy, the country has overtaken China in registering the most deaths from the highly-contagious virus. 

Dr Courtenay, who is the clincal lead at an Auckland practice, says there is undoubtedly community spread in New Zealand, "without any shadow of a doubt". 

"You get a large amount of people who are going to pubs and public galleries, they spread it like wildfire with minimal symptoms." 

He believes there is an urgency for Kiwis to take the virus seriously or risk lives being lost. 

With 5476 now dead in Italy, the country has overtaken China in registering the most deaths from the highly-contagious virus. 

Dr Courtenay, who is the clincal lead at an Auckland practice, says there is undoubtedly community spread in New Zealand, "without any shadow of a doubt". 

"You get a large amount of people who are going to pubs and public galleries, they spread it like wildfire with minimal symptoms." 

He believes there is an urgency for Kiwis to take the virus seriously or risk lives being lost. 

3 hours ago, Gruff said:

Thats his point, we ALL are. It just seems the focus was on certain groups of a society. I know some very hard working Maori, and had the pleasure of crossing paths with some decent folk from Te Hapua in the Far North, all of whom are more than worthy recipients . Cindy thrives on this, but shes in bed with the left so we are in deep shit financially particularly after this crisis...... That is a fair point Ohoka but Jack may see it as a Slur 

Truth hurts sometimes Gruffy. There is a reason Maori Health stats are, and always have been, in the toilet.

14 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

If Maori actually looked after their own health, and their families health, nobody would complain Jack. Problem is they don’t....

Now we know why National never got back into Govt. ... No humanitarian demeanor from them  or their supporters ... A large dose of humble pie in the face !!

PM Has the Dragon by the Tail but the Dragon Is Winning

The PM’s address about the four-stage alert levels for Covid-19 was intended to reassure the nation, but instead of averting panic, her disappointing lack of leadership fuelled it.

Ardern was criticised for not closing airports earlier and for allowing cruise ships, (breeding grounds for the virus), to dock at New Zealand ports. After the Ruby Princess, with sick people on board, had disgorged sightseeing passengers into Wellington, four people tested positive for the virus in Sydney last week.

“Ardern defended not shutting the borders earlier, saying that doing so with only 28 confirmed cases was an aggressive move.

She said cruise ships had been barred when asked about a cruise ship arrived yesterday.

No one in the world has taken the measures that we have as early as we have. We have had police knocking on people’s doors checking that they’re self-isolating.”

A newspaper

Besides being untrue, isn’t it a tad premature to brag about being ahead of other countries when our Covid-19 trajectory has only just begun? With Italy’s tragedy staring us in the face, it is clear the PM’s measures are nowhere near aggressive enough.

screen_shot_graph-630x523.png

Italy is in green and we are the yellow line following their path.

All we needed was a simple two-step process based on the KISS strategy: step one to prevent Covid-19 from entering the country, and step two to prevent the spread if step one failed.

Instead, Ardern adopted an inflexible, set in stone, four-step check-the-box process which was no match for the nimble Chinese Coronavirus dragon. The dragon is winning.

Our biggest weapon is our watery borders that provide us with a natural defence. Had it been used swiftly enough, the dragon may have been repelled, or at the very least, slowed down. We didn’t act and the Chinese dragon now roams freely, spreading the lethal virus. Even now, we fumble with this valuable weapon. Xavier Theodore Ordinary writing for The BFD says “It is criminal how the COVID-19 crisis has been handled at the border”, and last week complaints were made about non-existent airport security.

“A Kiwi traveller was left stunned after claiming Auckland Airport hadn’t run any health checks on passengers arriving back from Hong Kong this morning. The Auckland man, who wishes to remain anonymous, said he had recently travelled around Vietnam and Singapore before returning home. But when he arrived at Auckland Airport, he walked straight through customs and security with no additional screening or health checks.”

A newspaper

The second and last step to prevent the dragon from breathing Covid-19 fire is everyone, except essential services, must go home and stay home. It’s a tough call, but one that Italians, in their distress, are urging other countries to move faster on. Their lethal dragon is still gaining momentum because they were too slow.

“Italy now has more than 53,000 recorded infections and more than 4,800 dead, and the rate of increase keeps growing, with more than half the cases and fatalities coming in the past week.”

Despite now having some of the toughest measures in the world, Italian authorities fumbled many of those steps early in the contagion — when it most mattered as they sought to preserve basic civil liberties as well as the economy.

Italy’s piecemeal attempts to cut it off — isolating towns first, then regions, then shutting down the country in an intentionally porous lockdown — always lagged behind the virus’s lethal trajectory.

But the tragedy of Italy now stands as a warning to its European neighbors and the United States, where the virus is coming with equal velocity. If Italy’s experience shows anything, it is that measures to isolate affected areas and limit the movement of the broader population need to be taken early, put in place with absolute clarity, then strictly enforced.”

New York Times

The dragon is hungry and fast, much faster than the WHO guidelines on Covid-19 that Ardern implemented and then boasted about “going hard and going early”.

Political commentator Bryce Edwards says “some public health experts and commentators do not believe the Government is being radical enough, and that the consequences, in terms of life and death, could be huge.”

“Over 3000 people have signed a petition to Jacinda Ardern started by Dr Kelvin Ward, who says New Zealand needs to go to level 4 alert now to prevent the overrun of our health system and “countless unnecessary deaths”.

However New Zealand Nurses Organisation (NZNO) calls the number of medical professionals who have signed “absolutely disappointing” – and warns the petition’s “very likely” to cause panic.”

Bryce Edwards

Panic won’t maim or kill us but the dragon will slay us.

By the time the PM made her second report to the nation about Covid-19, parents had already started taking children out of school and pre-school and stocking up their cupboards with essentials. When the government moves too slowly or doesn’t do enough, naturally we do everything we can to protect ourselves.

“Leading the charge for a more radical approach is University of Otago Professor of Public Health, Michael Baker, who has been advocating for months that an aggressive approach is required to stave off disaster.

Baker, who is an expert in the spread of pandemics and how to control them argues that New Zealand is wrong to take what he sees as a “conservative” approach in which it is accepted that Coronavirus will become widespread here with the emphasis on managing it.

He argues New Zealand has a small window of opportunity to stop the spread of coronavirus, and needs to take extreme measures, such as an immediate lockdown of the country: “It sounds melodramatic to say now or never, but I think it’s the case”. He advocates the Government immediately lift the official Alert Level to Three or Four.”

There is little confidence that this government has done enough planning for a crisis of the magnitude of Italy’s whose trajectory we are following.

We are not confident the government is doing enough. We are not confident there are enough Covid-19 testing kits. We are not confident enough testing is being done. We are not confident the government is investigating drugs to fight the disease or that we have sufficient stocks of them.

How much of the anti-malarial drug chloroquine or the updated hydrochlorquine do we have? How much of the rheumatoid arthritis drug tocilizuman and the antibiotic azithromycin used in conjunction with chloroquine? Are medical staff even aware these drugs are being used successfully overseas to reduce the severity of Covid-19 and save lives?

Desperate times call for desperate measures and more flexibility than that displayed by this government. Little wonder people take safety measures into their own hands.

55 minutes ago, jack said:

Now we know why National never got back into Govt. ... No humanitarian demeanor from them  or their supporters ... A large dose of humble pie in the face !!

You have to start looking after your own Jack....God knows enough has been handed out...where has the money gone..??!
Playing the poor and suppressed wears a little thin after a hundred years. Most Maori I know up here don’t think like that fortunately.

3 hours ago, crustyngrizzly said:

It will be interesting to see if the Govt reward those that are required to stay working due to the fact that they are classified as an essential business.

I feel resentment building after talking to a few of those who cannot be done without.

I was exposed to a woman with a cold and fever in an apartment this morning Crust, nowhere to hide, the property manager said she never knew she was ill and said ‘i hope she kept her distance’  :rcfe-happy-2: ...Dont feel resentment,youve got a better chance of living :rcfe-like:

Looking at how many of the new CV-19 cases came in on overseas flights, one has to wonder why stringent testing was not started weeks ago on “ALL” new arrivals into NZ? If Ardern has ordered that, then any new cases could have been quarantined at the Border rather than be let loose to spread it into the NZ Community. Being surrounded by sea and with a population smaller than Melbourne spread of a reasonably large area, NZ has been at an advantage to nip this virus in the bud very early. Unfortunately, the clowns in charge didn’t act - something they are expert at (many would say). Even now we read of stories of very lax airport screening. Bloody hopeless. 

7 minutes ago, Trump said:

Looking at how many of the new CV-19 cases came in on overseas flights, one has to wonder why stringent testing was not started weeks ago on “ALL” new arrivals into NZ? If Ardern has ordered that, then any new cases could have been quarantined at the Border rather than be let loose to spread it into the NZ Community. Being surrounded by sea and with a population smaller than Melbourne spread of a reasonably large area, NZ has been at an advantage to nip this virus in the bud very early. Unfortunately, the clowns in charge didn’t act - something they are expert at (many would say). Even now we read of stories of very lax airport screening. Bloody hopeless. 

Yip, we are all voting New Conservatives next election, weve had enough of Tweedle-dum Tweedle-dee Helen Clarke John key :rcfe-happy-3:

1 hour ago, Gruff said:

I was exposed to a woman with a cold and fever in an apartment this morning Crust, nowhere to hide, the property manager said she never knew she was ill and said ‘i hope she kept her distance’  :rcfe-happy-2: ...Dont feel resentment,youve got a better chance of living :rcfe-like:

Exposing yourself to women can get you arrested Gruff. :lol: 

How ironic. Ardern crosses the Tasman and on foreign soil, lectures the Aust PM about the practice of sending back NZ criminals who are not Aust citizens. Now she goes the “crawl” and asks for welfare to be paid to NZ who live in OZ during these testing times! I’m sure Scotty will give her the appropriate response. Nothing like knocking down bridges.

33 minutes ago, Trump said:

How ironic. Ardern crosses the Tasman and on foreign soil, lectures the Aust PM about the practice of sending back NZ criminals who are not Aust citizens. Now she goes the “crawl” and asks for welfare to be paid to NZ who live in OZ during these testing times! I’m sure Scotty will give her the appropriate response. Nothing like knocking down bridges.

Trump, it’s called reciprocal!

You are his nemesis that’s for real, especially with what I saw of TRUMP on TV tonight. 

Money before people seems to be his goal and obviously yours. 

2 hours ago, Insider said:

Trump, it’s called reciprocal!

You are his nemesis that’s for real, especially with what I saw of TRUMP on TV tonight. 

Money before people seems to be his goal and obviously yours. 

RMA. She certainly did a bit of grand standing and now goes back To Morrison expecting favours! Strange behaviour. I think NZ  citizens in Aust wont be very happy with her. 

She certainly is a show pony with the emphasis on me me me:

Jacinda Ardern vs John Key

Can You Spot the Difference?

Below are random extracts pulled from two of our two most recent Prime Ministers’ speeches when they were addressing the nation in crisis.

The first set of quotes has been taken from Monday’s (23 March 2020) speech by Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern regarding the coronavirus pandemic.

The second set of quotes (23 February 2011) are those of then Prime Minister John Key, immediately following the Christchurch earthquake.

Can you spot the difference?

The_BFD-John-Key-Jacinda-Ardern-Getty-11 The BFD. Former PM John Key and PM Jacinda Ardern Credits: Image – Getty

Jacinda Ardern:

“I” have just announced up to tens of thousands of New Zealanders could die from COVID-19…
“I” will not take that chance…
“I” would rather make this decision now, and save those lives…
“I” hope you are all with me on that…
“I” cannot stress enough the need for every New Zealander to follow the advice “I” have laid out today “I” am in no doubt that the measures “I” have announced today…
“I” have one final message. Be kind.

John Key:

“We” know that you too are shocked, unnerved and grieving…
“We” know that your loss is sharpened by fear…
“We” feel connected to your suffering…
“We” pay tribute to the hundreds of search and “rescue workers, emergency personnel, medical professionals”…
“Our” minds go to the mothers and fathers comforting children…
On behalf of “the Government”, let me be clear that no one will be left to walk this journey alone.
“New Zealand” will walk this journey…
I am advised that “the Police” have confirmed…
I have also spoken by telephone with “Leader of the Opposition Phil Goff” to inform him of this decision and I also thanked him for “his efforts” on the ground in Christchurch.
A statement will be coming from “Foreign Minister Murray McCully’s” office shortly outlining further details of this overseas assistance.

On 3/24/2020 at 10:00 AM, Ohokaman said:

You have to start looking after your own Jack....God knows enough has been handed out...where has the money gone..??!
Playing the poor and suppressed wears a little thin after a hundred years. Most Maori I know up here don’t think like that fortunately.

Maybe you could give their land back...that might help!!

Dear Jacinda and Winston 

We are now looking down the barrel of a massive health crisis and equally as bad economic crisis, predicted to make the last financial crisis look like a kindergarten . Your touting of the tourism industry as the darling of New Zealand economy is now losing 350 million dollars a week.  Your crazy selling of tens of thousands of acres of good pastoral land to overseas buyers to plant in Pine trees as a carbon sink is looking like a bad gamble..  made even worse by  the berating, belittling and ridiculous polices aimed at Farmers of New Zealand. 

Well what a difference a week makes... you have just announced a 12 billion dollar package to soften the blow but you well know that’s not even a scrape in the bucket of what’s needed. 

I guess now all we have once industry shuts down and tourism crumbles completely is the farmers. The same ones who your coalition called Rednecks, the same ones who are committing suicide at a terrible rate, the same ones who get up at 5:00 am to milk their cows so you have your milk and butter for breakfast. The same ones who work tirelessly on the hill country day in day out during drought conditions to make sure their lamb and beef is the best quality before it hits the shelves. The same ones who are struggling with the ridiculous polices that are coming in relation to cows farts and fencing. The same ones who have been doing it for generations to make sure people have something to eat. The same  Farmers who produce food more efficiently and more environmentally friendly than anywhere else in the world. The same ones who your coalition has made to feel like they are the problem in the world - are now suddenly the only ones we need.  Isn’t it funny how things change so fast and you suddenly need someone who you belittled more than ever. As you sit down for dinner tonight pondering how we are going to get through this, take a look at the food on your plate and be thankful for the ones who you have ignored. In fact invite Winnie over for dinner but have him bake a humble pie and bring that around and take a bite both of you. It will be good for you, and the Farmers will get up tomorrow and keep on producing food for us and the world. Next time you decide to belittle the main stay of our economy remember a couple of old sayings we learnt on the farm. ‘Never bite the hand that feeds’ - and ‘you reap what you sow.’  When you order the whole country on lock down the farmers will still get up and go out and work their asses off for this country like they have always done. We will get through this but you are going to need those Farmers more than you have ever needed them before. They will keep the supermarkets full, they will be the ones exporting out produce worldwide and returning ever so needed revenue for the coffers. 

Peace and love 

James Herbert