RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

Jacinda Ardern

On 9/21/2019 at 7:10 PM, tripple alliance said:

cindy stupidity .

“  The Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) released their quarterly energy report , which shows a 19 per cent reduction in electricity produced by natural gas, but a whopping 62 per cent increase in electricity produced by coal over the last year.

“ This makes New Zealand the only country in the world that is transitioning out of gas and into coal. ''

“MBIE advised the Minister of Energy on 10 April 2018 that gas reserves were at the lowest reserve to production level since 2003 and no new discoveries had been made since 2005.

“Two days later, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern announced a ban on future exploration permits.

“New Zealand is now paying the price for this reckless, ideological decision as our dependence on coal has actually increased. ''

Just had a beer with an engineer from Taranaki , he's down here repairing a big irrigation scheme .

Hates cindy because his work in the naki has dried up , he reports the the ban on exploration has caused trained engineers like himself to move elsewhere .

Mike Hosking: Now we know just how dangerous Green MP Julie Anne Genter is

3 minutes to read
There is a pattern emerging here: one of surreptitious behaviour by Associate Transport Minister Julie Anne Genter.

Julie Anne Genter needs to come clean, she owes us all an explanation.

Did she or did she not threaten to pull the plug on the deal with the Labour Party and in essence bring down the Government?

This goes back to her letter that she won't release and is currently being looked at by the Ombudsman - and this is not the first time she's been asked to come clean.

But the news this week, which to be frank is major, and yet again appears to have been largely ignored by far too many in the media (for reasons we can only once again assume goes directly to their inability to see beyond their own bias) is that Wellington Mayor Justin Lester told a bunch of councillors that the deal they had for the "Let's Get Wellington Moving" project was the best they could do without Genter and another green MP quitting and pulling the Government apart.

This is the same letter Genter said never existed, until it did. And then it was written by a MP (her) but not in her ministerial capacity, and therefore was not discoverable. Until it turned out that she wrote it on ministerial letterhead and had to reveal that in the House to a, not surprisingly, large amount of derision and laughter.

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern is also involved here because I quite specifically asked her whether she had seen and knew what was in it and whether it was major, and she said it wasn't. If it turns out the letter contains a threat to bring a government down, she's then misled us, don't you think?

Of course people are entitled to their views - and if Genter had done all this out in the open there wouldn't be quite the issue. At least she was being open, honest, and transparent, which is what they promised they would be.

But there is a pattern emerging here: one of surreptitious behaviour. Perhaps we could also use the word Machiavellian.

For this is the same woman who once again, in secret, set about looking at the chances of banning the motor car from New Zealand. You will note it wasn't her policy campaigned on at the election, and you will note she's never talked openly about it to canvas support or otherwise.

She squirrels around under the cover of darkness looking to plant the seeds of her particular economic madness, hopefully without us ever really finding out, until presumably it's too late.

Now Justin Lester, friend of the Greens and Labour, semi denies he said this in that meeting, or semi denies it came out as clearly as the three other councillors are painting it.

So I tell you what could clear all that up once and for all - and that is the release of that letter.

And why won't she release it? Because it looks like we have enough now to know, that what is in it is explosive, embarrassing - and goes a long, long way to warning the rest of us just how dangerous she really is.

14 hours ago, tripple alliance said:

Just had a beer with an engineer from Taranaki , he's down here repairing a big irrigation scheme .

Hates cindy because his work in the naki has dried up , he reports the the ban on exploration has caused trained engineers like himself to move elsewhere .

But he hasn't moved away and it sounds like he still has work. And so the world changes and life goes on.

2 hours ago, rdytdy said:

Mike Hosking: Now we know just how dangerous Green MP Julie Anne Genter is

3 minutes to read
There is a pattern emerging here: one of surreptitious behaviour by Associate Transport Minister Julie Anne Genter.

Julie Anne Genter needs to come clean, she owes us all an explanation.

Did she or did she not threaten to pull the plug on the deal with the Labour Party and in essence bring down the Government?

This goes back to her letter that she won't release and is currently being looked at by the Ombudsman - and this is not the first time she's been asked to come clean.

But the news this week, which to be frank is major, and yet again appears to have been largely ignored by far too many in the media (for reasons we can only once again assume goes directly to their inability to see beyond their own bias) is that Wellington Mayor Justin Lester told a bunch of councillors that the deal they had for the "Let's Get Wellington Moving" project was the best they could do without Genter and another green MP quitting and pulling the Government apart.

This is the same letter Genter said never existed, until it did. And then it was written by a MP (her) but not in her ministerial capacity, and therefore was not discoverable. Until it turned out that she wrote it on ministerial letterhead and had to reveal that in the House to a, not surprisingly, large amount of derision and laughter.

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern is also involved here because I quite specifically asked her whether she had seen and knew what was in it and whether it was major, and she said it wasn't. If it turns out the letter contains a threat to bring a government down, she's then misled us, don't you think?

Of course people are entitled to their views - and if Genter had done all this out in the open there wouldn't be quite the issue. At least she was being open, honest, and transparent, which is what they promised they would be.

But there is a pattern emerging here: one of surreptitious behaviour. Perhaps we could also use the word Machiavellian.

For this is the same woman who once again, in secret, set about looking at the chances of banning the motor car from New Zealand. You will note it wasn't her policy campaigned on at the election, and you will note she's never talked openly about it to canvas support or otherwise.

She squirrels around under the cover of darkness looking to plant the seeds of her particular economic madness, hopefully without us ever really finding out, until presumably it's too late.

Now Justin Lester, friend of the Greens and Labour, semi denies he said this in that meeting, or semi denies it came out as clearly as the three other councillors are painting it.

So I tell you what could clear all that up once and for all - and that is the release of that letter.

And why won't she release it? Because it looks like we have enough now to know, that what is in it is explosive, embarrassing - and goes a long, long way to warning the rest of us just how dangerous she really is.

Bloody foreigner who should not be in Parliament.....too many non New Zealanders making decisions for the people of this country IMO....

“Most” NZ’ers have come from from foreign descent have they not? :( One doesn’t have to have certain “Origins” to appear stupid eh? Any attachment to the Greens will soon have you identified as “foreign”! 

On 9/25/2019 at 12:39 PM, Trump said:

I think it’s important to “stay in the moment”. Comparisons with past leaders of either persuasion don’t achieve much. You have to judge Leaders on their merits or achievements. So far, The current leader who 65% of the country didn’t want, has yet to perform like a good PM. They all make mistakes but in the end, it’s the Legacy they leave behind that matters. Take the current Qld Govt. They’ve raided the SOE savings, blown debt out to $90b, and despite a severe drought which sees suicide rates among farmers explode, plus devastating Bush fires that have destroyed homes and businesses, plus employed an extra 20,000 public servants, they have just announced a $200m bonus payout to public servants!! Every electoral seat in drought and bushfire raged areas will ensure that this useless Leftie Green Govt gets the arse next year. So really, talking about Lange, Shipley, key, English etc is wasted breath. Ardern will be judged alone. Based on her poor performance (hypocritical?) around the sex scandals etc, she’s a long way from leaving any reasonable Legacy. She certainly won’t stack up against John Keys record. 

and John Key's record is- destroying the Kiw Dream of home ownership,trying to turn NZ into a tax haven to benefit his mates,a flag referendum,borrowing 80 billion to indebt NZ's younger generation ,selling NZ'ers assets,and general duplicity and chicanery.

On 9/25/2019 at 12:02 PM, 100 1 said:

So Bloke do you believe your leader when she says climate change is NZ biggest threat?

Or is climate change a scam?

Well I spent August in Europe. Very hot and went to Twickenham to watch England V Ireland. It was 36 degrees  and the poor Paddies could not hack the heat and got hammered.  I also went up to Leeds to see my team play and it was very hot there. The rest of Europe was stinking hot, most days in the 30s and a few in the 40s when we were in Rome. I read that the last 5 summers in Europe are the hottest on record.

Then this week in a place close to where I grew up (Plimmerton) I see the Fire Station was flooded for the third time in 5 years from massive tides. It was built about 60 years ago and suffered no tidal damage prior. A friend of mine lived in a property overseeing the beach but sold a few years ago because his sea wall was suffering severe damage.

Some thing is up I have not followed this closely but I am sure that a wacko, nutjob, like you who is a Trump puppet would be a non believer.

Although Trump now has more to worry about than the climate

On 9/25/2019 at 9:36 AM, crustyngrizzly said:

Apart from calling your leader Mrs Ed a few times i don't think i have been rubbishing them at all,unless pointing out the errors of there ways is considered rubbishing them.

For that i put my hand up,but as i said its a 2 way street but this constant living in the past doen't do anyone anygood.

Dream on Crusty not only are you anti labour you jump to the defence of National fuck ups. Take Crusher Collins  legislation where she had 3 cars crushed. You protected her saying that it was due to left wing Judges that more cars were not crushed.

You and others rubbish this labour Government so I remind you of your past useless Tory Governments. Some go on about Labour spending so I remind them that the Tories  borrowed the most and that Labour has repaid most debt. No wonder you don't want to hear about the past. Poor old Ted he does not live in the future or the past, he lives in the cut and paste.

18 minutes ago, bloke said:

Well I spent August in Europe. Very hot and went to Twickenham to watch England V Ireland. It was 36 degrees  and the poor Paddies could not hack the heat and got hammered.  I also went up to Leeds to see my team play and it was very hot there. The rest of Europe was stinking hot, most days in the 30s and a few in the 40s when we were in Rome. I read that the last 5 summers in Europe are the hottest on record.

You really have to stop reading comics Bloke.

"I read that the last 5 summers in Europe are the hottest on record."

That's utter rubbish!!  

On 9/28/2019 at 9:29 PM, bloke said:

Then this week in a place close to where I grew up (Plimmerton) I see the Fire Station was flooded for the third time in 5 years from massive tides. It was built about 60 years ago and suffered no tidal damage prior. A friend of mine lived in a property overseeing the beach but sold a few years ago because his sea wall was suffering severe damage.

Some thing is up I have not followed this closely but I am sure that a wacko, nutjob, like you who is a Trump puppet would be a non believer.

WOW 

I am at a loss to answer!

Although it confirms everything about the loony Jacinda followers.

Maybe you should take a look at the Climate change thread and start educating yourself.

if not, the world is ending in 3 days....a school girl told me.

BEFORE  Well I spent August in Europe. Very hot and went to Twickenham to watch England V Ireland. It was 36 degrees  and the poor Paddies could not hack the heat and got hammered.  I also went up to Leeds to see my team play and it was very hot there. The rest of Europe was stinking hot, most days in the 30s and a few in the 40s when we were in Rome. I read that the last 5 summers in Europe are the hottest on record.

Bloke it's clear you need to think a little more and examine the realities . Nothing new in any of this , have a read .

'' The Little Ice Age was a period of regionally cold conditions between roughly AD 1300 and 1850. The term “Little Ice Age” is somewhat questionable, because there was no single, well-defined period of prolonged cold. There were two phases of the Little Ice Age, the first beginning around 1290 and continuing until the late 1400s. There was a slightly warmer period in the 1500s, after which the climate deteriorated substantially, with the coldest period  between 1645 and 1715 . During this coldest phase of the Little Ice Age there are indications that average winter temperatures in Europe and North America were as much as 2°C lower than at present.

There is substantial historical evidence for the Little Ice Age. The Baltic Sea froze over, as did many of the rivers and lakes in Europe. Pack ice expanded far south into the Atlantic making shipping to Iceland and Greenland impossible for months on end. Winters were bitterly cold and summers were often cool and wet. These conditions led to widespread crop failure, famine, and population decline. The tree line and snowline dropped and glaciers advanced, overrunning towns and farms in the process. There were increased levels of social unrest as large portions of the population were reduced to starvation and poverty. ''''.

Now bloke , why did this period  come to an end , you guessed it , the planet WARMED BEFORE INDUSTRIALISATION and reading the last part of this proves there is much more to fear from cooling than a little warming of which we will never control .

Bloke it's all been done before , today it's all a politics .

Trump knows the truth about ‘man made climate change ‘ Bloke ,and NASA are on the same page, as far as the Ukraine’s concerned it looks to be a major success...... sea walls? I see on the Gold Coast they have created an artificial reef off shore down around Broadbeach to stop coastal erosion, in NZ they build walls on it ... it’s got nothing to do with sea level rise , a wave breaks in water 1/2 as deep as it is high and the deeper the water closer to the coast the larger and more forceful the swell . Where’s the categoric evidence of sea level rise outside the pacific basin not tectonically related?  

0b9bde8581c910da262a14080e208cc929b73022By GP

A Theory About Jacinda

At the beginning of the year, Jacinda returned from 7 weeks holiday. 7 weeks you may say sounds like an awful lot! But anyway, she attended her first press conference on that day and it did not go well.

Tova Obrien:

‘Her first press conference (after 7wk break) she was on the defensive, shutting things down, not wanting to talk about things or engage’

Andrey Young:

In the substance of the press conference, Ardern sounded exasperated at questions about the failure of KiwiBuild to meet its first milestone of 1000 houses by July, and by questions about the capital gains tax report.
Ardern’s tetchiness perhaps reflects a raft of challenging issues facing the Government.
Ardern became impatient when questions turned to the undisputed veto that NZ First will have on any capital gains tax
She also became exasperated when questioned about the failure of KiwiBuild targets — so much so that she could not bring herself to actually say “No” when repeatedly asked if the July target would be met

Most of us could only dream of a seven-week break and then we would be fresh, calm and ready for the new year.
But Jacinda returned in a mood so gloomy that her very first day back when she should have been fresh, she was the opposite.

She had come to the realisation over the break that data just doesn’t stick in her mind as stories do. These stories have emotions that can get people to do all type of things good or bad. She had emotional appeal, trust with these people. The Labour people, Winston, lots of voters and the international observers. But things were falling apart at the end of 2018. Internal staffing issues, staff turnover, Ardern walking out of meetings in tears and so on. The strain of constant work was too much for her and she was physically ill and mentally exhausted.

What Ardern was seeing was that her stories, her dreams, her ideologies were not turning into reality. She had realised over the holidays that she simply did not have the skills to do the role of PM. She had lost her own confidence and this came out in that very first press conference of the year.

We all have periods of self-doubt. Some of us never get over these periods, some of us fight, the best of us put our heads down and grind out the problems. Jacinda did not have the ability to do this. She does not have the mental stamina to read, to understand, to analyse – she only does stories!

She was lonely and distant (as any PM is) from her colleagues. She had Grant Robertson but he was very busy in Finance an area that she (and Grant) had little understanding of. It was interesting on the eve of the launch of Grant’s and Jacinda’s ‘welfare budget’ that when there were ‘hacks’ and ‘leaks’ rather than round up the team on the 9th floor and get to the bottom of it, Jacinda went home early to give Neve a bath.

She was out of her depth, lonely and helpless at the top. Her close minders isolated her from the rigours of work and sent her to visits at schools, kindergartens and protected her constantly from hard questions. She would light up when talking about climate change and other areas of interest to her. But ask her outside of that, and as Mike Hosking finds weekly, she simply umms and arghs her way through interviews without actually answering the questions.

March 15 Christchurch, hit her very hard. Whilst many were positive about her dress up and kindness towards the victims in the aftermath of the shootings, some thought she went too far. I disagree that she was play-acting to gain support. Instead my view is somewhat more serious. Her reaction was over the top because she was already struggling with her own coping mechanisms and March 15 provided her with another matter which she had no choice but to confront. The sad glum faces she showed over the next few weeks/months was in some part for the families and victims but more importantly, it was for her.

During the mid-year break her minders managed to stretch out her break from the 9th floor by first having a ‘fishing break’ then a brand Jacinda excursion to socialist Melbourne and then a trip to Tokelau. This resulted in the now-familiar ‘Part-Time Prime Minister’ slogan coined by Simon Bridges.

Whilst this is a catchy term and was picked up by the Jacinda doubters, it was actually true and worthy. Jacinda was being managed. Her workload was managed, her visits were carefully managed so she would come across as knowledgeable in those areas of her interest, but would not need to know about the areas she was not interested in.

Importantly, some key areas of her responsibilities were kept from her. The most visible of these were the sex assaults from within her own office. This controversy alone struck more against everything she had portrayed herself to stand for. Women in her very own office were not protected and she was (or was not) complicit in its cover-up. Complicity or not, she had responsibility, a concept she has yet to develop a mature understanding of.

We can see Ardern now. Thin, gaunt, irritable, pale and whilst I am no medical person, others have pointed out the suggestion of medication to assist her in day to day life.

And still every day the hits keep coming. Failure after failure, non-performance in her so called ‘year of delivery’. There are wins, and they are celebrated, but a realistic analysis of these shows that these are small wins and will not help New Zealand any more than provide some token virtue signalling.

New Zealand’s economy is slowing, all the indicators that matter are negative, we have a weak and failing PM who has no real answers to help New Zealand.

It is going to be a very very long 12 months for Jacinda and her Government which I would give a 50/50 chance of surviving full term.

2 minutes ago, flockofewes2 said:

we have a weak and failing PM who has no real answers to help New Zealand. '...too funny Ted...we just had 9 years of a do nothing clusterfuck with one plan...borrow billions!:rcf-thinking:

Looks like you are both right :rcfe-like:

10 hours ago, flockofewes2 said:

we have a weak and failing PM who has no real answers to help New Zealand. '...too funny Ted...we just had 9 years of a do nothing clusterfuck with one plan...borrow billions!:rcf-thinking:

9 years of doing nothing , really . I'm surprised you didn't love Key , he was the one who borrowed for two purposes , (1) to ensure benefits/pensions were paid during the GFC and (2) bankroll the Christchurch earthquake . Are you suggesting borrowing to keep people  fed and bankrolling the quake recovery was wrong .

What we do know is cindy and Robertson have recently made it clear they are borrowing next year , amazing really when the country has a good income , farming prices are at record levels , they make up over 60% of our income so why the borrowing , Ah that's right , they don't know what they are doing , squandering what should be good times .

I see they have been giving Cindy some stick for not talking to Trump about climate change and the ridiculous Paris accord.... her reply won’t appease the stupid youth at all, saying what can a leader of little ol NZ say to change Trumps stand....:rcf-thinking-1: hang on , havnt  we just seen a 16 yr old brainwashed girl telling off world leaders at the UN. This will be interesting

2 hours ago, tripple alliance said:

9 years of doing nothing , really . I'm surprised you didn't love Key , he was the one who borrowed for two purposes , (1) to ensure benefits/pensions were paid during the GFC and (2) bankroll the Christchurch earthquake . Are you suggesting borrowing to keep people  fed and bankrolling the quake recovery was wrong .

What we do know is cindy and Robertson have recently made it clear they are borrowing next year , amazing really when the country has a good income , farming prices are at record levels , they make up over 60% of our income so why the borrowing , Ah that's right , they don't know what they are doing , squandering what should be good times .

Your 1 is just plain,unadulterated b/s.

your 2 required around 20billion.He borrowed around 80 (won't say who from..so likely his former masters).He used some borrowings to fund TAX CUTS for the top end of town.Hopeless.

7 hours ago, flockofewes2 said:

Your 1 is just plain,unadulterated b/s.

your 2 required around 20billion.He borrowed around 80 (won't say who from..so likely his former masters).He used some borrowings to fund TAX CUTS for the top end of town.Hopeless.

Clearly it isn't bullshit , pensions were paid as well as various benefits with borrowed money much to the disgust of the extremes  and as for the rest clearly it was needed to keep the economy going at that time . Tax cuts are now recognised world wide as the tool required to keep an economy going , TRUMP has proved this beyond any doubt , Ausse has followed suit , they must have been paying attention to Key . 

Next year taxcinda  and robertson have stated they will be borrowing a heap of money , Why ? our overseas income is at record levels , Ah that's right it's election year , plenty of promises to be paid for .

The reality is taxcinda cancelled tax cuts and instead splashed the money around which resulted in higher living costs for those she pretends to care about , they are worse off today than when the Nats ruled . 

If you want proof cindy is full of crap yesterday an overseas owned coal miner was given permission to buy more land to extend a coal mine , how two faced is that , so much for climate concerns .

14 hours ago, tripple alliance said:

Clearly it isn't bullshit , pensions were paid as well as various benefits with borrowed money much to the disgust of the extremes  and as for the rest clearly it was needed to keep the economy going at that time . Tax cuts are now recognised world wide as the tool required to keep an economy going , TRUMP has proved this beyond any doubt , Ausse has followed suit , they must have been paying attention to Key . 

Next year taxcinda  and robertson have stated they will be borrowing a heap of money , Why ? our overseas income is at record levels , Ah that's right it's election year , plenty of promises to be paid for .

The reality is taxcinda cancelled tax cuts and instead splashed the money around which resulted in higher living costs for those she pretends to care about , they are worse off today than when the Nats ruled . 

If you want proof cindy is full of crap yesterday an overseas owned coal miner was given permission to buy more land to extend a coal mine , how two faced is that , so much for climate concerns .

Tax cuts are now recognised world wide as the tool required to keep an economy going '.....do tell!!Evidence pleas.

clear-difference-1068x610.jpgBy JC

A Leaderless, Dysfunctional Government

This Government is leaderless, out of control and a disgrace. The reason they’re out of control and a disgrace is a direct result of being leaderless. The supposed leader of this ramshackle collection of disparates couldn’t run a cake stall at a bring and buy. Her leadership skills are zilch and as a result, this so-called Government is running amok. As are some of the Ministers in it.

Julie Anne Genter is behaving as if she’s a dictator in drag. First she threatens the Wellington City Council in a letter that if they don’t play by her rules money won’t be forthcoming for transport measures. Now we find out she has the temerity to dump one thousand submissions on her car tax proposal because they disagreed with her thinking on the matter. Furthermore, as they came through a National Party website, they were regarded as spam. This is both the height of arrogance and outrageous.

Not to be outdone, Shane Jones joins the race to the bottom. He tells those attending a forestry awards ceremony they need to vote for him or miss out on the largesse from his provincial growth fund. Not content with that he told Newstalk ZB that he would be ‘checking with the Overseas Investment Office to see if (foreign investors who criticised him politically) should lose their standing in good character’. Any pot and kettle to be seen here? Like Genter, this is both arrogant and outrageous. Also stupid.

Who do the likes of Genter and Jones think they are? The answer is they’re the types who, given a bit of power, lose all sense of judgment and abuse it. They can get away with it because they know there’ll be no real ramifications. A wet bus ticket reprimand at worst. Other Ministers are behaving in the same dictatorial manner. Jones, for one, ought to know better. This is what happens when you give power to an unelected bunch of political misfits. It might give Winston some sort of perverse personal satisfaction to inflict this state of affairs on the populace, but he needs to realise the country is paying dearly for his actions.

How Winston can be happy with the disaster he’s created is beyond any sensible person’s rationale. They can’t build houses, they can’t solve poverty or homelessness, they have completely lost business confidence, they, thankfully, can’t get light rail up and running, they can’t get economic indicators pointing in the right direction, and they can’t plant trees.

Continuing in a negative vein, here’s what they can do. Wreck a child’s education by closing charter schools at the behest of their union paymasters, run a lumbering diesel locomotive from Hamilton to Auckland with next to no passengers but a huge carbon footprint, crucify landlords to the point where they leave the market, admit undesirables into the country, penalise law abiding gun owners, help all and sundry onto welfare, be a friend to criminals, and become a poor cousin to Norway by stopping oil and gas production. And, as William Felt will tell you, that’s just the start.

If Winston thinks this is all great for the country then he might be waking up with a nasty shock the morning after the night of the next election. These people are without peer as a class of politicians who are leaderless, rudderless, and therefore unable to make their own decisions. Any decisions they do make have negative consequences for the country. In some schools of thought there are two types of politicians – the tough and steely in an orange hunter’s jacket, read John Key, or the touch and feely with a Kleenex packet. Unfortunately we’ve got the Kleenex packet.

There was an interesting article in the New York Times which stated just as there are myriad strategies open to the human political animal, so there are a number of nonhuman animals that behave like textbook politicians. Researchers who have studied highly gregarious and relatively brainy species like rhesus monkeys, baboons, dolphins, sperm whales, elephants and wolves have uncovered evidence that these creatures engage in extraordinarily sophisticated forms of politicking, often across large and far flung social networks.

If our current lot were of the canine species they’d be lucky to recognise a tree to raise their hind leg against. Totally dysfunctional.

15 hours ago, tripple alliance said:

I recall when Prime Minister John Key caused pain in my back pocket with his sneaky little rise in the GST rate.

2 hours ago, Uriah Heap said:

I recall when Prime Minister John Key caused pain in my back pocket with his sneaky little rise in the GST rate.

Nothing sneaky about it , what was sneaky was labour introducing gst in the first place and then going about bankrupting people with interest rates as high as 26% , that's right 26% , that's what you call real pain .

National was committed to tax cuts at the last election , $20 a week which by now would be $40 a week but what did we get , a tax take at record levels  and giveaways for some but NO GAINs , thanks Winston .