RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

Jacinda Ardern

they waffle on about this carbon neutral garbage in about 30 years time when all these politicians will be well retired and living off our generosity with their government supers.......

but how can you be taken seriously when you exclude 50% of our so called emissions??? (agriculture)

be bloody easy too say by 2020 we will be crime free...........

but we will exclude assault charges murder charges fraud and theft and drug charges from the crime statistics.........

the whole thing is nothing more than waffle and fairy tales and some swallow it hook line and sinker..........

we stop oil and gas here but no doubt at some stage we will be importing oil and gas from other countries makes no sense.........

32 minutes ago, Trump said:

Yes you are right. I’ve met Hawke a few times and he was certainly a Crown Prince when it comes to leading a Nation. Visionary and a doer for sure. Backed by some very good people like Keating. John Howard was another doer. Unfortunately, Rudd, Gillard and the soufflé Turnbull were hopeless. Morrison is showing signs of positive action without spending it all at once on hopeless Leftie wasteful ideas. Helen Clarke was ok and I had discussions with her on several topics. She seemed quite a reasonable in touch person and did some good. Key was there at the right time backed by English - a competent Treasurer. But Ardern? Not much to show, full of Leftie ideas but no real idea. Time will tell. Unfortunately, people like Flockofewes are one-sided in their opinions and can’t see any other way than their leftish/labour bias. It wouldn’t matter if NZ struck oil and all medical, education, etc was free! He would still find something to bitch about - unless of course the Oil Strike was during a Labour term!(Now impossible following their stupid ban to oil exploration. It won’t be long (if the loonie Greens get their way) before the beautiful NZ countryside is covered (disfigured) in wind turbines, something every tourist to NZ will marvel at. Imagine stopping on the high point of the Desert Road to take the great photo of the trio of great volcanoes only to find 500 wind turbines in your photo. Believe me it will happen if they get the opportunity. Altho nuclear is a big power source in France, one only has to drive and you’ll see hundreds of them! Fortunately for NZ it won’t happen under Ardern. 

Where to start on this name dropping exercise ...you will find your 'good' P.M's coincide with booming global conditions.

Can't imagine why or what they would meet with a myopic, near illiterate ,clueless individual like you for.

Example-'(now impossible following their stupid ban to oil exploration)'...displays lack of knowledge of topic,misinformation,and biased assumption.

I'm picking with a handle like Trump you are an entitled individual of little talent who was 'given' a corporate sinecure compliments of the old boy network.

30 minutes ago, crustyngrizzly said:

They have signed up to the Paris Agreement.

So the target is to reduce emissions by 30% below 2005 levels by 2030.

The difference between the Nats and the COL is that the Nats don't want to f..k the economy at the same time so they are taking a measured approach to the targets.

All in all if China,India and most of Asia don't give a rats then anything NZ does will mean nothing.

So National endorse the fundamental case of climate change ,needing to be addressed.

A handful of recalcitrant,uninformed posters here cannot seem to accept that!

1 hour ago, flockofewes2 said:

Where to start on this name dropping exercise ...you will find your 'good' P.M's coincide with booming global conditions.

Can't imagine why or what they would meet with a myopic, near illiterate ,clueless individual like you for.

Example-'(now impossible following their stupid ban to oil exploration)'...displays lack of knowledge of topic,misinformation,and biased assumption.

I'm picking with a handle like Trump you are an entitled individual of little talent who was 'given' a corporate sinecure compliments of the old boy network.

Thank ewe for the compliment! As I’ve advised you before, once you get to personal insults coming in rather than debate the topic, one knows the argument is won. Irrational emotive insults are the domain of the losers. Well done to you! Case closed.

1 hour ago, shodsie said:

they waffle on about this carbon neutral garbage in about 30 years time when all these politicians will be well retired and living off our generosity with their government supers.......

but how can you be taken seriously when you exclude 50% of our so called emissions??? (agriculture)

be bloody easy too say by 2020 we will be crime free...........

but we will exclude assault charges murder charges fraud and theft and drug charges from the crime statistics.........

the whole thing is nothing more than waffle and fairy tales and some swallow it hook line and sinker..........

we stop oil and gas here but no doubt at some stage we will be importing oil and gas from other countries makes no sense.........

They could put a ban on Flockofewes talking. That would do a lot for CO2 reduction targets!

37 minutes ago, Trump said:

Thank ewe for the compliment! As I’ve advised you before, once you get to personal insults coming in rather than debate the topic, one knows the argument is won. Irrational emotive insults are the domain of the losers. Well done to you! Case closed.

A perusal of the last few pages will see multiple ad hom attacks on me the messenger.

Best you do F.O ...I must have touched a nerve of...TRUTH.

You, not 'ewe' do not seem to understand..IRONY.

Never seen or heard before , this is a first and shows NZers  have had a gutsful of cindy the imposter , unelected , not liked  and incompetent . 

Jacinda Ardern was booed at the All Blacks v Wallabies Test at Eden Park.

As the announcer called for the Prime Minister to hand the Bledisloe Cup to captain Kieran Read , there was a noticeably loud amount of booing from the crowd.

"I was at the game she was booed 100 percent and she was uncomfortable. We were amazed - it was distinct," one person commented on Twitter.  The loud booing from All Blacks supporters showed that ordinary NZers are losing patience in her Year of Delivery," was another person's take.

People know how useless she and her government are , our racing minister has bought shame on himself appointing some one who is simply not up to the job .

3 minutes ago, tripple alliance said:

Never seen or heard before , this is a first and shows NZers  have had a gutsful of cindy the imposter , unelected , not liked  and incompetent . 

As the announcer called for the Prime Minister to hand the Bledisloe Cup to captain Kieran Read , there was a noticeably loud amount of booing from the crowd.

"I was at the game she was booed 100 percent and she was uncomfortable. We were amazed - it was distinct," one person commented on Twitter.  The loud booing from All Blacks supporters showed that ordinary NZers are losing patience in her Year of Delivery," was another person's take.

People know how useless she and her government are , our racing minister has bought shame on himself appointing some one who is simply not up to the job .

Hilarious nonsense.

As funny as Key  drinking a Steinlager with the AB's trying not to puke.

3 hours ago, flockofewes2 said:

Hilarious nonsense.

You need help FOW. Seriously. There are a few organisations that can help you for sure. I feel sorry for you, you’re so bitter. Obviously, you like the gravy train, you know, something for nothing, the sort of stuff lefties love. Get help and you might see the world from a different perspective. 

5 minutes ago, Trump said:

You need help FOW. Seriously. There are a few organisations that can help you for sure. I feel sorry for you, you’re so bitter. Obviously, you like the gravy train, you know, something for nothing, the sort of stuff lefties love. Get help and you might see the world from a different perspective. 

Your nic...says it all...Trump...sexist,racist,liar who inherited millions ,was involved in 4 bankruptcies and now ,fittingly in a world of 'reality' T.V is POTUS...I'm sure you identify with all that..lightweight.

On 8/19/2019 at 6:21 PM, tripple alliance said:

Anonymous booing in a large crowd says more about the booer than the person being booed. Look at Quade Cooper - still booed by rugby crowds in NZ 10 years after he did whatever he did; Steve Smith - booed by the Poms after being hit in the head by a cricket ball; Jacinda Ardern - booed by a crowd who paid a minimum $150 per ticket, have never voted Labour, nor are ever likely too.

Maybe this is why they are booing:

robertson_rev_income_capital.jpgBy Christie:

Show Me the Money

The fairy dust really does seem to be fading fast. If even our sycophantic media are starting to criticise the government, hopeless as it is, then you know we are in trouble. Until now, our precious fourth estate has been pandering to the government with shameless form, giving them chance after chance to get things right. But as we approach the three-quarter mark in Jacinda’s ‘Year of Delivery’ and the only things delivered so far are worsening statistics on all fronts, even the media has lost patience with them. John Roughan, normally a Jacindaphile, has given the government a few choice words over its allocation of taxpayers’ money.

Bill English used to say, “The Labour Party thinks the answer to every problem is to dump a pile of money on it.” This Government is making those words prophetic.

That is all they do. They commission a working group, receive a report, allocate some dosh and hey presto! Nothing happens.

Hardly a week passes when it does not announce more money for some problem without having any practical answer to it. I suspect even English is surprised by the lack of concrete projects for some of the sums announced.

But much of the cash is not actually spent yet, making the government look prudent with money, when the truth is, the money is not spent because no one knows what to do with it.

One of the largest was the $1.9 billion for mental health, the centerpiece of the “Wellbeing Budget” delivered a few months ago. The sum included $455 million for a new service for people with “mild to moderate” mental illness. They say that’s a lot of us.

What might the service be? That’s a question the Inquiry into Mental Health and Addiction did not answer, nor did a pre-Budget group set up by Health Minister David Clark to comb the inquiry’s report for anything he could usefully do.

Then, having committed $455 million in the Budget, Clark sent the Ministry of Health out on another roadshow of workshops a few weeks ago to discuss what new frontline mental services  should be set up.

That’s a working group, a report, a roadshow, another working group, another roadshow…

I would have thought that when a government sees a problem it first looks for a practical remedy, then works out what it would cost, decides how much of the remedy it can afford and announces the programme.

Labour seems to work in reverse. I don’t know how they decide how much to spend before they know what to do.

They don’t, of course. Think about the gun buyback scheme. Originally, $168 million was allocated, boosted to $208 million, but it is obvious that no one has a clue about the actual cost.

And let us not forget the mighty Provincial Growth Fund.

But Labour gave him [jones] $3 billion and sure enough, not much of it has been committed so far. Much less in fact than Jones has announced.

Like his former party, he is prone to making big announcements before practical work such as cost-benefit assessments have been done.

jacinda_waitangi-630x500.jpg Republished with permission. Image credit: Technomage

They never do… they seem to think that just throwing money at things will fix them, but resources is often the biggest problem, and that needs experienced ministers and a competent public service.

The Government’s latest announcement without substance was last week’s “Youth Employment Action Plan”. Jacinda Ardern and Employment Minister Willie Jackson reminded us they had made a “significant investment” in the Wellbeing Budget for additional staff in the social welfare system to help people find “meaningful work.”

Finding competent people is always an issue though. Most of the time, we seem to bring them in from overseas, which means more houses, more roads, more transport.. that this government is incapable of providing.

(They did not remind us they have told those staff they must not withdraw the jobseeker benefit from someone who refuses work without referring the case higher up. If anyone is puzzled that numbers on the dole are rising at the same time as jobs are increasing, the answer is there.)

Disgraceful, but we knew about this. If people want to simply live on the dole, this government will allow it, even though there are many industries crying out for staff.

Now they are giving us an “Employment Strategy”. You can look it up online but I wouldn’t recommend it. It is just a list of good intentions.

John Roughan is surprisingly scathing. He should know that good intentions is all that this government ever produces.

The strategy is to be delivered through a series of Action Plans. Last week we got the first of them, for youth who are not in education, employment or training (Neets).

Action plans. Wellbeing Budgets. Feelgood factors. None of these actually produce anything, and none of it will get the nephs off the couch.

They should be helped to find paying jobs but unfortunately the Action Plan has nothing new to suggest.

Obviously it is not easy to devise new mental health services or make railways pay, or find viable regional business that is not already financed, or get some youngsters off a couch.

But if you haven’t got a solution, why allocate money? Well I know why. Big monetary sums make a headline. We are being taken for suckers

A NEWSPAPER

Oh yes. We have been taken for suckers since Selection Night in October 2017, but it gives me hope that the media are finally beginning to admit it. Thank you, John Roughan for telling it like it is. For once. Let it not be the last time.

1 hour ago, flockofewes2 said:

JJ

John Roughan 'normally a Jacindaphile'=this is hilarious-this is the fanbois who wrote John Key's gushing,obsequious biography FFS! :rcf-crying:

The problem you have flocker is we all know it's true and much worse . I watched cindy outside the marae on tv last night , the two standing behind her Davis and Mahuta looked totally pissed off , that's what's happening , it's all about to fall apart . The greens have gone their own way and winne is contradicting her , just look at the different opinions on Ausse coal . 

Cindy is struggling and it's only going to get worse , no runs on the board , failure everywhere .  Cindy is falling in the polls and if you want evidence of what people are thinking , the BOOING at the rugby game was a great indication of the general feeling towards this fraudulent , appointed , FAKE  pm . 

Things are only going to get worse and this fake attack on petrol prices is a joke , Cindy gets around 95c a  litre tax , that's almost 50% of the cost of petrol for doing NOTHING , take take take , we are all getting hammered by her taxes and seeing nothing for it ..

By Christie:

The Maori Party were slaughtered at the last election, with all the Maori seats going to Labour. You may be forgiven for thinking that this would mean that Labour looks after Maori, but we all know that is not true. Don’t get me wrong. I like race-based politics no more than you do, but I will admit that something needs to be done to improve some of Maori’s worse statistics – on child abuse, on incarceration, on education. I don’t know what the answers are, but with the very strong Labour vote, and the decimation of their own party, you might be forgiven for thinking that this government had all the answers to problems that might be seen as specifically Maori.

Well, they talked it up during the election campaign, but then again, they talked up a lot of things they couldn’t deliver. Chickens are coming home to roost here too.

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has been challenged at annual coronation celebrations at the country’s largest marae, Turangawaewae.

Ms Ardern was welcomed by Kingitanga members as part as annual commemorations of King Tuheitia becoming the leader of the movement.

One of Maoridom’s youngest iwi leaders, Che Wilson, was the first speaker up during formalities and in his soft spoken way asked the Prime Minister to have courage on Maori issues – as she had courage in the aftermath of the Christchurch terrorist attack.

Che… an interesting name. I may not like raced based politics, but these guys had expectations of Jacinda Ardern’s government that are simply not being met… and we all know where this will end.

“During the Christchurch massacre, you showed the courage that made us all proud. You showed the courage that made us all proud,” Mr Wilson said, as Ms Ardern listened from the podium.

“What I encourage you to do, what I encourage you consider now is to show the courage again when it comes to Maori,” he said.

“You asked us to keep you to account at Waitangi this year. But every big issue with regard to Maori, it appears that you hide away. 

Jacinda Ardern is learning a hard lesson when it comes to Maori, one that Helen Clark learnt over the Foreshore and Seabed issue. It is all very well to make promises during an election campaign, but Maori expectations are much higher than those of any other group. They see themselves as disadvantaged, and to some extent they are, but much of that is their own fault. Their grievances are based on claims from almost 200 years ago, and Jacinda now realises (as Helen Clark found out) that there is no way to ever satisfy them and make them go away. Their claims will probably never be satisfied, but even settling claims won’t stop the grievances. Nothing ever seems to do that.

The Prime Minister responded to media after leaving the marae, acknowledging Mr Wilson’s comments, saying she will continue to be present to engage on Maori issues.

“I heard that raised on the paepae, but at the same time I was there to hear it.

“As I said in brief remarks on the hard issues, be it Oranga Tamariki, be it issues around our prison population, be it Ihumatao, I will be there.

NEWSHUB.

‘I will be there’ means nothing. It does nothing. It means she listens to their grievances and cannot solve them. Don’t get me wrong. I totally agree with the uplifting of Maori children by Oranga Tamariki, (the very name tells you where the problems lie), and I think she was woefully stupid by interfering in the Ihumatao issue when she stopped building work from going ahead. She created an expectation for the protestors that she simply cannot deliver without breaking the law and undermining all Treaty settlements agreed so far. Thus is the naivety and stupidity of our prime minister.

Helen Clark was a much more skilled politician, and Maori issues were a nightmare for her too. Jacinda’s government is doing nothing and it can only do nothing. She may turn up, listen, ‘be there’, but that is it. She can’t solve any of the problems, and she won’t. These problems are very complex, and they are way beyond the skills and abilities of any government led by Jacinda Ardern.

What saddens me is the expectations that she created. She has failed everyone who voted for her, and many who didn’t but who had some hope from this government.

Unless that is, you are one of Shane Jones’ nephs on the couch. Or someone who chooses a life on the dole rather than work. Then, I suspect this government suits you just fine. Just wait and see how well all that works out for the country.

It won’t.

pm-vows-to-not-_stand-by-while-kiwis-fac

Ardern Forgets Her Fuel Tax

By Suze

id our Part-time PM think we would forget her tax contribution to our being “fleeced at the pump” every time we fill up?

Ardern’s fuel tax was the first thing that popped into my head when she announced we are paying too much for fuel, which we already knew. Australians went apeshit last year when prices exceeded $1.60, they currently pay $1.33-$1.51 per litre when our best price exceeds $2 a litre. Mind you, Australians are allowed to drill their own oil and locally produce fuel. Granted it’s only 10% of their fuel needs, but we have been banned altogether and must rely 100% on imports.

Ardern promises to do something but what that is we won’t find out until December. If she was really concerned, she would have lifted the fuel tax before opening her mouth.

“A landmark report into the fuel industry by the country’s competition watchdog shows New Zealanders are being “fleeced at the pump”, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern says.

The draft report into the $10 billion fuel industry stated that petrol companies appeared to have made “excess returns” for most of the past 10 years, with profits “persistently above the returns earned by comparable firms internationally”.”

Stuff

A smart person would have researched our 10 years of overpaid fuel prices before they slapped a new 11.5c a litre fuel tax on.

Road Transport Forum chief executive Nick Leggett agrees.

“If you look at our fuel costs compared to other countries in the tax take comparison our Government is doing pretty well competitively on that basis as well,” Leggett said.”

Newshub

Does the government get a decent cut of fuel sales and could, therefore, afford to stop applying the fuel tax?

“Just under a third of the pump price is the actual cost of refined petrol,” its website says.

About 50 percent is tax, i.e. 63.784 cents per litre in fixed excise (not including the 10c Auckland Regional Fuel Tax), plus the Emissions Trading Scheme levy (approximately 6.2cpl) and GST (NZ has the sixth-lowest fuel tax in the world; in many OECD countries, taxes account for around two-thirds of the price).”

We’d all be screaming bloody murder if the government took 2/3 of the pump price in taxes. We already pay through the nose for petrol so if it’s not the taxes, it must be the lack of competition. 

Currently, the central government takes 81.48c (excise, emissions and fuel tax) and Aucklanders pay another 10c, a total of 91.48c fixed taxes per litre, excluding GST.

In Auckland the price of petrol varies between $2.06 and $2.29 a litre, depending on where you live. Central city, Ponsonby and Newton demand top dollar according to my Gaspy app with West Auckland the cheapest. Gull are the cheapest and Z the most expensive.

The average price of fuel per litre is $2.175 which makes the GST component 1.93c. Add the fixed taxes of 91.484c and total taxes are 93.417c/litre on a sale at $2.175 per litre. That leaves an average 91.24c per litre to the fuel companies.

Because most of the fuel taxes are fixed, central and local government get their cut regardless of the sale price.

But the difference of 23c/litre in purchase price makes a big difference to us, the end-user, and means Ardern is right in addressing the monopoly because we will benefit more from competition bringing retail prices down than wiping off the 11.5c tax.

It would have been so much more palatable to the public if Ardern had addressed the lack of competition in the fuel market and then introduced the additional fuel tax on the back of a price drop from more competition. Why didn’t she?

Like most of the decisions made by the CoL, they lack foresight and planning, stumbling from one crisis to the next when their promises turn up empty.

We can’t wind back the clock on any of Ardern’s decision making but it is clear she is out of her depth. We shouldn’t have to wait until 2020 when she could easily put us out of our misery by stepping down earlier.

maxresdefault-12-630x354.jpg

steady Teddy...Maori Party lost because they crawled up Nationals arse.

National who increased fuel levies by 17c a litre and raised GST after promising not to.

Soimon and 'I never deliberately mislead social welfare'..Pullya benefit ...worthy replacements!!:rcf-crying:

Andrew Little's and Labour policy of catch and release I imagine:  Perhaps they just need a good hug.  

KeystoneKops-1068x830.jpgBy BFD

The Keystone Cops Strike Again!

If they can’t keep guns secured in a Police station, or in one of their cars, and now have let three ratbags abscond, then how can we trust them to look after a gun register?

Three prisoners are on the run after escaping police at the Levin District Court and hijacking a car on Wednesday evening.
The trio were able to escape after a fourth offender restrained a police officer while they were being placed into transport at the courthouse.
After fleeing from police, Wiremu Eparaima, 30, Te Wera Hemara, 27, and Emmanuel Witana, 23, got into the car of a man unknown to them and demanded he drive them away.

[…] The escape happened about 5.40pm and, as of 9pm, the offenders remained at large with police throwing everything into tracking them down.

stuff.co.nz/national/115185312/three-prisoners-believed-to-have-escaped-from-levin-police-station
1566380303272-630x355.jpg

NZ POLICE
Wiremu Eparaima, 30, Te Wera Hemara, 27, and Emmanuel Witana, 23 are wanted after escaping police in Levin on Wednesday afternoon.

Speaking of Andrew little ,  pike river , more incompetence .

The con , the latest , it seems even if they could re-enter and make their way to the explosion zone they can't , you see laws were put in place some time ago preventing anyone going into a mine that has only one exit , pike river has only one way in or out , no back door . At the time of consent Greens objected to a road inland so it wasn't possible to create a back door .

The recovery contractors are going to have to ask for an exemption from the law to get to the explosion zone , this won't be granted .

On 8/19/2019 at 3:23 PM, flockofewes2 said:

So National endorse the fundamental case of climate change ,needing to be addressed.

A handful of recalcitrant,uninformed posters here cannot seem to accept that!

Yes Tomarse , the Nat's have been playing the climate game since the Muldoon days , we need to sell our goods internationally .

Keyoto agreement was muldoons contribution , the difference between cindy and National is clear , cindy wants personal attention on the world stage advocating all sorts of useless meaningless strategy's , National wants to build dams to ensure our citys don't run out of water , we continue to generate electricity and our farmers continue to farm . No harm done when the scam is exposed but cindys lot want to bankrupt our local economy not protect it , tax tax tax .

On 8/19/2019 at 6:26 PM, flockofewes2 said:

Hilarious nonsense.

Hey Flocky, personally I don’t like politicians. It seems you need to take off your Rose red coloured glasses, it’s obvious this government is failing, and If it means putting back in the other mob then so be it. I’m sure your pin -up girl will end up with a high powered global position in no time so she’ll be right. Get on Straight sets at Ellerslie, Bailey was in the NO GO zone at Te Aroha , and then another tragedy beaten last week at Te Rapa, surely the 6s is overs.

7 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Hey Flocky, personally I don’t like politicians. It seems you need to take off your Rose red coloured glasses, it’s obvious this government is failing, and If it means putting back in the other mob then so be it. I’m sure your pin -up girl will end up with a high powered global position in no time so she’ll be right. Get on Straight sets at Ellerslie, Bailey was in the NO GO zone at Te Aroha , and then another tragedy beaten last week at Te Rapa, surely the 6s is overs.

A 7y.o that has had 54 starts and never won over the distance …..thanks anyway=start without me!:rcfe-happy-3: