RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

Jacinda Ardern

2 hours ago, hesi said:

It's a thin line between arrogant and smug, and assured.  I think this word describes her well, and I've always voted National

aplomb
əˈplɒm/
noun

1. self-confidence or assurance, especially when in a demanding situation.
    "Diana passed the test with aplomb"
    synonyms: poise, self-assurance, assurance, self-possession, self-confidence, calmness,composure, collectedness, presence of mind, level-headedness, sangfroid, equilibrium,equanimity, nerve, nonchalance; More

Overshot there a bit Hesi but time will tell. I see she has had a re-shuffle and for herself has the "Children (how appropriate), Arts and Culture and Heritage portfolios". Having never had a real job she is going to struggle dealing with anything involving intellectual rigour, and will not get by on this touchy-feely shit. Of course the sycophantic, liberal press will cut her some slack

29 minutes ago, chevy86 said:

Overshot there a bit Hesi but time will tell. I see she has had a re-shuffle and for herself has the "Children (how appropriate), Arts and Culture and Heritage portfolios". Having never had a real job she is going to struggle dealing with anything involving intellectual rigour, and will not get by on this touchy-feely shit. Of course the sycophantic, liberal press will cut her some slack

Let's see her under some real pressure once the lovein disappears....can you really see her leading the country ? I can't.....

Come on guys, you're hard markers, cut her some slack.

She's had 9 years in that snake pit. otherwise known as the debating chamber, if she wasn't up to it, she would have been found out well and truly by now.

48 minutes ago, globederby12 said:

Sorry Hesi, the wine had kicked in. Actually if you put four legs on Jacinda , she would look like a few of Andys horses. OOOppps

So what you are saying then Derby is that Jacinda is a winner like so many of Andrew's horses?

1 hour ago, hesi said:

Come on guys, you're hard markers, cut her some slack.

She's had 9 years in that snake pit. otherwise known as the debating chamber, if she wasn't up to it, she would have been found out well and truly by now.

And in that 9 years what has she actually achieved or delivered?

She is good a talking touchy feely clichéd rhetoric on social issues but how will the financial business community react to her or indeed the inter-national spectrum.

All hat and no cattle?  

14 minutes ago, bloke said:

So what you are saying then Derby is that Jacinda is a winner like so many of Andrew's horses?

Don't be silly, Labour are dead in the water. or as Georgina Beyer said " they are sleep walking'.

on the other hand there are good times ahead for the Campbell stable :)

24 minutes ago, rdytdy said:

And in that 9 years what has she actually achieved or delivered?

She is good a talking touchy feely clichéd rhetoric on social issues but how will the financial business community react to her or indeed the inter-national spectrum.

All hat and no cattle?  

Time will tell

I correctly predicted Trump would be President, and that the All Blacks would lose a test to the Lions

51 minutes ago, hesi said:

Time will tell

I correctly predicted Trump would be President, and that the All Blacks would lose a test to the Lions

Oh well as Meat Loaf says "Two out of three an't bad" 

10 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Lotto numbers this week...? :rolleyes:

I'll forward you my bank acc details first Dave

She'll be happy that green women has landed in deep s###      Takes the pressure off her in the chamber - more juice to fraud than an inevitable rearrangement.         As I saw in the Letters to the Editor yesterday - "poor Andrew Little, at least he can be the next Auckland mayor"  

2 minutes ago, Uriah Heap said:

Do you mean - similar to John Key?

He was quite the contrary who had already accomplished alot in life.

I personally, just can't see Jacinda alongside fellow world leaders. Wouldn't seem right

On 02/08/2017 at 10:02 AM, aquaman said:

Why can't Labour and National Form a Government in coalition?. And why is this not discussed. That way would spell the end for all the other shonky parties. Am I missing something.

Hesi is wrong. This is exactly what occurs on Germany. Appears to have worked well there.

Just now, Snax15 said:

He was quite the contrary who had already accomplished alot in life.

I personally, just can't see Jacinda alongside fellow world leaders. Wouldn't seem right

JK was definitely "smug" at times. What pre-politics "accomplishments" translate into being a good leader of a country is open to debate. Donald Trump had accomplished plenty but....he's currently making a dogs breakfast of leading his country.

2 minutes ago, Uriah Heap said:

JK was definitely "smug" at times. What pre-politics "accomplishments" translate into being a good leader of a country is open to debate. Donald Trump had accomplished plenty but....he's currently making a dogs breakfast of leading his country.

Add the name METIRIA TUREI to the list of smug and arrogant politicians.

Won't resign because her work is too important.

Arrogance has reached new heights and continues to go higher.

4 hours ago, crustyngrizzly said:

Add the name METIRIA TUREI to the list of smug and arrogant politicians.

Won't resign because her work is too important.

Arrogance has reached new heights and continues to go higher.

Apparently Ardern has got ahead of herself and wouldn't offer Turei a position in her Cabinet.

Presume she means her drinks cabinet.......:rolleyes: