RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Berri

Iffraaj

Interesting to note that the two highest rated horses by Timeform are Almansor (By Wotten Bassett) rated 133 and Ribchester (by Iffraaj) rated 131. Wotten Bassett is of course by Iffraaj. Now that's some achievement and Iffraaj is only $25k at Haunui. What more do you need? Gingernuts....Turn Me Losse...Rizeena....what a stallion

2 hours ago, Berri said:

Interesting to note that the two highest rated horses by Timeform are Almansor (By Wotten Bassett) rated 133 and Ribchester (by Iffraaj) rated 131. Wotten Bassett is of course by Iffraaj. Now that's some achievement and Iffraaj is only $25k at Haunui. What more do you need? Gingernuts....Turn Me Losse...Rizeena....what a stallion

it would be great if either Wooten Bassett or Ribchester stood in NZ once they finished racing . 

I love this stallion and I'm so happy for Haunui. And I guess we are very lucky that he was never a hype horse otherwise we would never have had the absolute pleasure to see TML, Gingernuts or Jon Snow race here as the dedicated followers of fashion would have snapped them up for Asia. 

So I hope people analyse the damage that our export industry does to NZ racing. What is gives in the short term is takes away long term.  The upside for the 2 still racing is fantastic with the Melbourne Spring upon us. The downside is every man & his dog will now seek them out and we may not get to see anymore TML, GN or JS. Enjoy while we can!

8 hours ago, optical said:

it would be great if either Wooten Bassett or Ribchester stood in NZ once they finished racing . 

We have Turn Me Loose starting his stud career this season, Ribchester being Darley owned and knowing the success that Iffraaj has had here could be a chance, but likelihood is he will be priced out of NZ (or at a very large fee) with the record he is putting together. A G2 winning Juvenile over 1200m, a G1 winning miler at 3 (beating Vadamos) and another 3 G1 seconds and at 4 has added another 2 G1 miles. You would suggest he isn't finished yet either and is favourite for the Sussex Stakes this weekend.

Also has a top quality pedigree that is full of black type performers.

15 hours ago, optical said:

Wootten Bassett is at stud at Harras d'Etreham. My advice to Marc de Chambure was to buy Almansor as a race horse in order to stand him at stud when he finished racing. He did this. Marc is a shareholder in Race-O.

A lot to like - esp for those who liked him before he was proven at his 12K service fee :P

Notwithstanding the mare's side of things - what do the breeding buffs say about the best chance stallion-options for kiwis with Iffraaj mares in the broodmare paddock?

3 hours ago, jess said:

A lot to like - esp for those who liked him before he was proven at his 12K service fee :P

Notwithstanding the mare's side of things - what do the breeding buffs say about the best chance stallion-options for kiwis with Iffraaj mares in the broodmare paddock?

Only stakewinner (early days) is by commands. 

On 31 July 2017 at 10:18 PM, optical said:

Yes, it would be a coup to secure one of these. I'd say Ribchester would be the more likely as he is owned by Godolphin but that bring its own set of issues. He could stand in Australia now that Iffraaj has had great success recently with the NZ owned horses racing there. He could command a good fee and of course, there is an abundance of Danehill line mares which seem to cross brilliantly with Iffraaj.  Also, does Godolphin support Iffraaj here? Would be interesting to know.....

I have heard that big mares do not suit Iffraaj and perhaps that is why the smaller Danehill mares are better suited on type. There does seem no doubt that Danehill blood does cross well with him but is this because of type or not?

4 hours ago, jeepers said:

I have heard that big mares do not suit Iffraaj and perhaps that is why the smaller Danehill mares are better suited on type. There does seem no doubt that Danehill blood does cross well with him but is this because of type or not?

From my experience breeding to him I agree with your premise that he does not suit big mares

14 hours ago, jeepers said:

Obviously a big horse himself at 16.2, you would think that breeders might tend to send smaller mares to him than bigger ones to naturally adjust their offsprings size.....if you send a big horse to a big horse you have a high chance of getting a big horse etc. If you want to tone down size then obviously people send their bigger mare to a smaller stallion.  Logical. 

I don't reckon he would have a huge sample size of large mares go to him, so I'm guessing people are making assumptions from 1 or 2 that they have seen. Going on breeding alone I can't imagine Gingernuts, John Snow's dams were small mares... I am only guessing and happy to be told otherwise. I think it is fair to say that he leaves good size to his progeny. 

So where did we get to with....if you own an iffraaj mare - what are the suggested sire mating thoughts.

Obviously commands is dead (melody belle) and wasn't in nz.

Danehill line / Street cry! Or 

3 hours ago, Dopey said:

So where did we get to with....if you own an iffraaj mare - what are the suggested sire mating thoughts.

Obviously commands is dead (melody belle) and wasn't in nz.

Danehill line / Street cry! Or 

Danehill line looks the obvious port of call, depends on the rest of the pedigree. They should suit most stallions in NZ.....

Looks like Iffraaj has another good filly - Deals in Heels. Nice win on Saturday. I'd be interested to hear from the Breeding Experts who say that in-breeding is a no no. Deals in Heels is inbred to Nureyev 3Fx3M. Personally I like that cross in her pedigree - bottom and top lines.