RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Uriah Heap

David Bain

8 minutes ago, aquaman said:

Has nobody on here not listened in its entirety to the top rated Podcast Black Hands, if so what did you think?.

the prevailing sentiment among my work colleagues to this.... who the F cares. It's been done to death and now rehashed by a journalist who has an obsession...

The lack of response to your 1 Aug message I would suggest is indicative of that fact...

You are probably right about the younger generations when it comes to, who cares. They were not around. But to the older generations, I think there is lots of interest, and not because its been done to death by the likes of Jo Karam, but because of the labeling of Robin Bain as a sex fiend and mass murderer. The truth needs to be told on behalf of Robin who is unable to defend his good reputation. This is why its important, not for the evil rat David Bain, but to put reality back in the picture, and clear Robins good name.

23 minutes ago, aquaman said:

You are probably right about the younger generations when it comes to, who cares. They were not around. But to the older generations, I think there is lots of interest, and not because its been done to death by the likes of Jo Karam, but because of the labeling of Robin Bain as a sex fiend and mass murderer. The truth needs to be told on behalf of Robin who is unable to defend his good reputation. This is why its important, not for the evil rat David Bain, but to put reality back in the picture, and clear Robins good name.

Too true Aquaman. Amazing how Robin had a fight with Stephen, got covered in blood, got changed, hid the bloodied clothes never to be found and casually shot himself with a rifle propped up on a chair and fell perfectly into his armchair.

David came home and for some reason decided to do a massive clothes wash ( no one washed anything in the squalid house), found 2 people dead, then took 25 minutes to call the cops and say "they are all dead" having never checked whether some may have left the building. Only the killer knew they we're all dead.

Binnie, Karam, and the legal system are a disgrace.

2 hours ago, chevy86 said:

Too true Aquaman. Amazing how Robin had a fight with Stephen, got covered in blood, got changed, hid the bloodied clothes never to be found and casually shot himself with a rifle propped up on a chair and fell perfectly into his armchair.

David came home and for some reason decided to do a massive clothes wash ( no one washed anything in the squalid house), found 2 people dead, then took 25 minutes to call the cops and say "they are all dead" having never checked whether some may have left the building. Only the killer knew they we're all dead.

Binnie, Karam, and the legal system are a disgrace.

I'm not sure you've got a couple of things quite accurate here Chevy, E.g - I'm fairly sure Robin fell on the ground and David did do the washes.

However the "They're all dead" comment by David, in his 111 call is correct and he later said he'd only seen his father and one other. He also said he heard Laniet "gurgling", but later changed this story. David could not say why it took him 20 minutes to make the 111 call. When questioned about a number of such things by Judge Binnie, David merely said he couldn't recall or "it was a long time ago". However when asked about things that assisted his case innocence, David's recollection was crystal clear. Nevertheless Binnie found him to be honest and credible. I'm not sure why.

The Black Hands podcast is pretty compelling. I often wondered why Laniet and Steven were shot three times, ( the latter fought obviously given the bullet through the hand, up in defence ) while the others only once. Some asleep, the others awake, or awoke...?

4 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

The Black Hands podcast is pretty compelling. I often wondered why Laniet and Steven were shot three times, ( the latter fought obviously given the bullet through the hand, up in defence ) while the others only once. Some asleep, the others awake, or awoke...?

Argh, something we can agree on. Can you imagine a frail painfully thin Robin fighting with a fit strong Steven, and it must have been a violent fight judging by all the blood splatters around the room, and Robin to come out of it with not a mark on him, and unlike David, nothing under the fingernails.

& then or prior to the killings had the time to piss about on the computer typing a message.

I am not sure about you fellas, but one of the first things I do when getting out of bed is take a whizz & I am not close to Robins age. There is zero chance I could engage in all the things he supposedly did & over the timeframe without pissing myself if I haven't emptied. 

The majority of NZ's think David Bain was guilty.

Do I?

I don't know!

What I do KNOW IS the investigation was flawed and that alone David Bain deserved a re-trial which eventually was granted.

Was it Robin?

Who knows but a lot of people say NO because he had a full bladder....well who hasn't woken up needing a piss but decide they can hang on & go back to sleep or get up & put the jug on and go for a smoke first.

They were a very different family and after reading both books whether for or against I could not decide..........even though many just come out screaming guilty.

The bottom line is that there is not a single, credible piece of evidence that Robin did it, at least 30 that it was David,

I'm not sure about all you other posters, but if I was wrongfully accused of such a heinous crime, the very first place I would want to be is on the witness stand!  Not so Bain, MacDonald, Watson etc etc- tells you something straight off.

Always have believed that David was the killer. My theory is that he suffers from retrospective or dissociative amnesia and genuinely believes he is not the killer. Perhaps he is the sixth victim in all of this.

Have always wondered why he was " the chosen one " who deserved to survive.  Shopping at the  Warehouse one day and got me thinking, there was David  Bain trying to look inconspicuous but not being able to as he does stand out in a crowd.   All these shoppers pointing at him  and going "  There's that murderer ! "   Awful thing to put up with if you were innocent.

21 hours ago, Mr Spyro said:

Have always wondered why he was " the chosen one " who deserved to survive.  

These words on the computer would actually make far more sense if written by David. He would definitely feel he was the only one who deserved to live. On the other hand he'd have viewed the rest of his family as completely undeserving, as he became increasingly frustrated about his decreasing ability to control any of them.