RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
crustyngrizzly

NBR headline

Ok, so it starts by saying that risk taking is part and parcel with wealth creation so its no surprise that many entrepreneurs are also involve din horse racing. But then to "evidence" this startling fact it then states that at least 14 of the world's 1,800 billionaires participate in horse racing. Like wtf?  Truly those numbers are correct. Now, my brother is more of a mathematician than I am , but I can work out that 14/1,300 = 1.07% so I'm a little lost what point is being made.

However, it gives a nice segue into items on good old Gerry Harvey, Sir Owen Glenn, Kevin Hickman, Dame Wendy Pye, Brendan Lindsay, Mark Wyborn< Eric Watson and other Rich Listers who have invested in the racing or breeding industry. Then a quote from NZTM CEO Andrew Birch that "we'd be in big trouble if it wasn't for these Rich Listers".

No sense of gratitude to those like this poster who have put more in than he has taken out but hey, I don't have 7 zeroes after my bank balance

10 hours ago, Timon said:

Ok, so it starts by saying that risk taking is part and parcel with wealth creation so its no surprise that many entrepreneurs are also involve din horse racing. But then to "evidence" this startling fact it then states that at least 14 of the world's 1,800 billionaires participate in horse racing. Like wtf?  Truly those numbers are correct. Now, my brother is more of a mathematician than I am , but I can work out that 14/1,300 = 1.07% so I'm a little lost what point is being made.

However, it gives a nice segue into items on good old Gerry Harvey, Sir Owen Glenn, Kevin Hickman, Dame Wendy Pye, Brendan Lindsay, Mark Wyborn< Eric Watson and other Rich Listers who have invested in the racing or breeding industry. Then a quote from NZTM CEO Andrew Birch that "we'd be in big trouble if it wasn't for these Rich Listers".

No sense of gratitude to those like this poster who have put more in than he has taken out but hey, I don't have 7 zeroes after my bank balance

David Ellis will love that article Timon...! Most billionaires obviously have more sense...;)