RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
shaneMcAlister

2nd class citizens

1.  Aussie bookmakers:

Deposit $20, win $100 and then withdraw that $100 back to your bank account all why sitting on the couch.

2.  NZ TAB;

Deposit $20 (charged $2.50 for the privilege of it) win $100.  Must jump into car drive to TAB, and then withdraw it.

NZracing tells us we should use the TAB as it helps support NZ racing.  Let I know of nzracing staff (some tv personalities) that bet with the Aussie bookies too.  Do as we say not as we do.

Every day I bet with the NZ tab I feel like a fool. 

12 minutes ago, shaneMcAlister said:

1.  Aussie bookmakers:

Deposit $20, win $100 and then withdraw that $100 back to your bank account all why sitting on the couch.

2.  NZ TAB;

Deposit $20 (charged $2.50 for the privilege of it) win $100.  Must jump into car drive to TAB, and then withdraw it.

NZracing tells us we should use the TAB as it helps support NZ racing.  Let I know of nzracing staff (some tv personalities) that bet with the Aussie bookies too.  Do as we say not as we do.

does seem quite an old fashion process. Pretty sure you can ask for a bank deposit but they make the process so hard people dont bother, as I remember Scooby off here tried to get some money to me for a comp I won and the TAB wanted ID signed by a JP etc etc

6 minutes ago, puha said:

TAB eftpos card would be nice

Wouldn't be nice, it should be standard.

I think if the NZ TAB could have it their way we would all have to send in a little thank you card with our deposits.  Thank them for taking the time out of their day to let us spend our money with them.

Competition is a much needed participant.

The irony here is that they while they are chronically short-staffed on the bookmaker front, they have recently employed a shit load of bankers, but they are not  there to help the customers, moreso to keep Glenda's pals in internal affairs happy by placing more restrictions on accounts to hamper money laundering, hence the ridiculous amount of paperwork and triple checking their poor customers have to suffer when trying  to make a withdrawal. 

3 hours ago, shaneMcAlister said:

1.  Aussie bookmakers:

2.  NZ TAB;

I never deposit via credit card with the tab because of that fee, I know it's only $2.50 but I don't see why as a customer I should pay for the right to spend money with them.

3 hours ago, Phantom said:

The irony here is that they while they are chronically short-staffed on the bookmaker front, they have recently employed a shit load of bankers, but they are not  there to help the customers, moreso to keep Glenda's pals in internal affairs happy by placing more restrictions on accounts to hamper money laundering, hence the ridiculous amount of paperwork and triple checking their poor customers have to suffer when trying  to make a withdrawal. 

I heard they are massively over staffed on the bookmaker front. 20 or so.

22 minutes ago, Sickopunter said:

I heard they are massively over staffed on the bookmaker front. 20 or so.

Hard to see how that constitutes being overstaffed with bookmakers given the leading firms would employ well over 100.

20 hours ago, Phantom said:

Hard to see how that constitutes being overstaffed with bookmakers given the leading firms would employ well over 100.

When a huge percentage of the markets they offer odds on they can use the resources of other bookmakers etc then it does. Do you think bookmakers should be doing the form on overseas soccer and basketball etc? Only NZ racing and NZ based sports they should need to be doing anything resembling forming a market.

I'd like more info (facts) on these other bookmaking firms who would employ well over 100.

The TAB should perhaps take a lead from the Social Welfare Dept in direct funding/withdrawal options, where after many years of lobbying for them to be user friendly they finally agreed to deposit my family benefit allowance direct into my TAB account. There have not been any withdrawals to date so online direct withdrawals that have not been an issue.;)

3 hours ago, Sickopunter said:

When a huge percentage of the markets they offer odds on they can use the resources of other bookmakers etc then it does. Do you think bookmakers should be doing the form on overseas soccer and basketball etc? Only NZ racing and NZ based sports they should need to be doing anything resembling forming a market.

I'd like more info (facts) on these other bookmaking firms who would employ well over 100.

They can't do form for anything. But you need good pre-game and in-play traders. PM with any questions you have on the bigger firms and I'll be happy to answer.

2 hours ago, Littletramp said:

The TAB should perhaps take a lead from the Social Welfare Dept in direct funding/withdrawal options, where after many years of lobbying for them to be user friendly they finally agreed to deposit my family benefit allowance direct into my TAB account. There have not been any withdrawals to date so online direct withdrawals that have not been an issue.;)

Littletramp

I hate people who say 'none of my business but'  and this isn't mine,  but you have me curious - yes, yes, we all know curiosity killed the cat but mine is still alive. Thankfully.

If a family benefit allowance is to support families why would Social Welfare pay it into a TAB account????

Withdrawals or not is not my reason for asking.  As I said, merely curiosity. :)

1 hour ago, Insider said:

Jess I think that Littletramp is pulling people's legs!

Not at all. I've had my Working for Families benefit paid into my TAB account for years. Can't comment on the withdrawal process as I've never had anything left to withdraw. I've continued to contribute to racing though via my pokie losses from my other benefit income. Kids still wear shoes to school though.

1 hour ago, Leggy said:

Not at all. I've had my Working for Families benefit paid into my TAB account for years. Can't comment on the withdrawal process as I've never had anything left to withdraw. I've continued to contribute to racing though via my pokie losses from my other benefit income. Kids still wear shoes to school though.

And I used to believe everything you said! 

3 hours ago, Leggy said:

A true racing devotee!!

NZ punters get a raw deal from start to finish.  Terrible odds are just the beginning.  Technology that is 20 years out of date.  In Oz a number of the bookmakers give you visa debit cards you can transfer your winnings to direct from  your online account and you have access to the funds instantly.