RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rdytdy

Te Aroha Abandonded

Unfortunately Te Aroha abandoned today.

Storm damage to main grandstand during the night with a section of the roof blown off and iron hanging down and flapping about and also the possibility more could come loose. 

Due to wind damage of the Grandstand at the Te Aroha track over night and after an inspection by Club and RIU representatives this morning  it has been decided that the meeting at Te Aroha today has had to be abandoned.

Even though the track was safe to race on the damage to the Grandstand is such that the venue cannot operate in a safe manner.

31 minutes ago, puha said:

Saw a piece  of guttering hanging off grandstand on the racing website if that was the main issue surely it could of been secured by able tradesman ?

I was thinking the same - unless a convenient deflection in regards to the state of the track??? 

It seems a bit strange. Hardly anyone goes oncourse so surely the grandstand doesn't matter that much? It would only have been dangerous if a bit of roofing blew off during a race and headed towards the horses on the track. I'm not trying to be picky or anything, that was just my initial thought. Te Aroha is a pretty big course so surely some facilities could still have operated.

Back from course. A complete section of the roof has been lifted off and repairs are underway and some iron is still loose up on top. Some water damage, wet carpets etc and electrical systems also need checking. Happened during the night and the RIU were in attendance at 6:30am to inspect.

Repairs are underway and whilst we would have transferred to Sunday however with the abandonment of Taranaki from Saturday to Sunday the meeting has been transferred to Monday. Same fields but small adjustments in start times to fit in with other meetings.

If a piece of roofing dislodged and killed or maimed a member of the public there would be serious repercussions - legally and financial. No option but to postpone until roof is secure. Had the same situation at a Golf Course in Melb last year. Strong winds peeled back roofing, so the course was closed. 

5 hours ago, puha said:

And it wasnt a srongest winds e have had

in Te Aroha.Saw a piece  of guttering hanging off grandstand on the racing website if that was the main issue surely it could of been secured by able tradesman ?

How could the able tradesman secure it in a couple of hours when the able tradesman put it on 18 months ago and it came off in a storm. Not very able as far as I am concerned

5 hours ago, Diver Dan said:

I was thinking the same - unless a convenient deflection in regards to the state of the track??? 

No wonder racing is in such a state. Negativity is so rife in the industry.

2 hours ago, army said:

How could the able tradesman secure it in a couple of hours when the able tradesman put it on 18 months ago and it came off in a storm. Not very able as far as I am concerned

Some jockeys were saying that only abit of flashing had come lose . Ted has clarified the situation so self explanatory isn't it 

4 hours ago, puha said:

Some jockeys were saying that only abit of flashing had come lose . Ted has clarified the situation so self explanatory isn't it 

It is since I was in there today too. Just to clarify how would any jockey know because no Jockeys live in Te Aroha

As much as Ted ( and others ) don't like it the good judges who've had a bit of experience have had Te Aroha labelled as a basket case for some time, and as usual they're right.

Lets be frank.

It's got a negative camber across the top and turn, that gives it a ludicrous front runners bias, the soil is fucked, the facilities are about country club level ( that's picnic racing ) and the club is run by a bunch of amateurs who are simply out of their depth ( you excluded Ted ).

Learn your lesson from Counties Te Aroha, understand your problems, recognise your weaknesses, then either spend the money to make your facility current and relevant, or relocate to another club that meets modern standards, eg Te Rapa.

1 hour ago, Midget said:

As much as Ted ( and others ) don't like it the good judges who've had a bit of experience have had Te Aroha labelled as a basket case for some time, and as usual they're right.

Lets be frank.

It's got a negative camber across the top and turn, that gives it a ludicrous front runners bias, the soil is fucked, the facilities are about country club level ( that's picnic racing ) and the club is run by a bunch of amateurs who are simply out of their depth ( you excluded Ted ).

Learn your lesson from Counties Te Aroha, understand your problems, recognise your weaknesses, then either spend the money to make your facility current and relevant, or relocate to another club that meets modern standards, eg Te Rapa.

How can you judge. Who makes you the power to be and the expert. Yes it may have a bias but so does Te Rapa.  I can think of alot of facilities that need more of a make ove than us eg Hastings Wellington for example. How do you plan on getting people on course if you moed all our meeting to Te Rapa. Been there servereal times when it has been like a ghost town. As far as the committe goes you cant judge people if you dont know them.  And for sure you dont know me.

17 minutes ago, army said:

How can you judge. Who makes you the power to be and the expert. Yes it may have a bias but so does Te Rapa.  I can think of alot of facilities that need more of a make ove than us eg Hastings Wellington for example. How do you plan on getting people on course if you moed all our meeting to Te Rapa. Been there servereal times when it has been like a ghost town. As far as the committe goes you cant judge people if you dont know them.  And for sure you dont know me.

I can judge you by that effort / drivel, and I'm thinking you need to change your medication.

Let's be frank though, I'll be brutally honest, Te Aroha is to horse racing what you are to the English language.

1 hour ago, Midget said:

I can judge you by that effort / drivel, and I'm thinking you need to change your medication.

Let's be frank though, I'll be brutally honest, Te Aroha is to horse racing what you are to the English language.

What a sad life you must have.  All you do is run people and things down especially if you disagree with it. Your way or the highway. Sorry life not like that

40 minutes ago, army said:

What a sad life you must have.  All you do is run people and things down especially if you disagree with it. Your way or the highway. Sorry life not like that

Listen Army, I suspect you're one of the sheep grazing in the middle of the track, and you shouldn't be on that computer.

If you are in fact a human ( a version of the species because you sure aren't the same type as me ), and God forbid you're involved in that club's committee, then I'll rest my case and use you as compelling evidence that my earlier suggestion the club was run by amateur idiots has been well and truly confirmed.