RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
globederby12

Spring Comp with a difference

Right you Harness nuts, here's the deal.

In PJ,s Spring comp ,as a point of difference I am going to put together (or try) a Team of pure Harness followers to pit their Tipping skills against the rest and try to beat them at their own game. Might add some fun and interest and surely some banter(Sledging)

Obviously I will be in the team, but not necessarily Captain .and don't be put off by my poor showing this season. The trotting season was in full swing.

I will need 4 more players so don't be shy ,I wont bite.

Teams name will be The Flying Sulkys  .

I will wait till PJ posts his Spring Comp times and then put up a post. First in best dressed.

Regards Globe.  ( PJ will have to ratify this of course)

2 hours ago, Dogzstar1 said:

Globe Usually my prowess at picking winners in the cart game become  'Wobblies as they invariably disgrace their drivers ministrations ..

BUT i be in any team if available ..i like wobbly wuffies! cheers Rob.

You hard out Harness fan

Ok so far ,now I'm going to be selective going on my knowledge of some of you. 

Robert, Mardy, Luca, Richie . All in. Plus me makes 5. Sounds good.

Sorry Dogz but you are first off the reserves bench. Nothing personal. If we get more ,PJ may let two teams in.

7 minutes ago, osceola said:

I will be in the second team if there is space available.

How could I forget you Allan, Hmmm.

Okay . allowing for two teams ,second is thus far.

Dogzstar, Wrinkles(sent me an email) Allan, Two more needed .I shall ask PJ for affirmation after the last two are in.

2 hours ago, hesi said:

Sucker punch:)

Weren't you in that Magpies a couple of years ago Robert, and did very well.

Suggestion for a name for your seconds Rees.......SULKY FLYERS:D

I was going to suggest for a Team name " The Thieves on Wheels".:)

See what the others think.

Need one more Harness fan for team two. ???

Rees , congratulations on your Harness Tipping Teams idea  for PJ's Spring Tipping Competition !   New  Horse Racing Stalls are always good to visit :).

Being a member of the new Harness Magnificent  (10) ten. I nominate Double R  and Dogzstar1 as our two team Captains this time around.  Sorry , globederby 12, champ ,
you need to concentrate on your tipping skills more :rolleyes:. You have been picking plenty  of  second placings of late. Rees , let's hope your selections in PJ's Spring Tipping Competition are future winners and are not going slower than a nudist through a barbed wire fence :).  I think the PJ Thoroughbred crowd might be worried about these new Harness Magnificent (10) ten two tipping teams turning up on their Race Tracks looking to win a few match up games or two :).
I swear the other day at SCG Members Lounge.  I heard the lucky Scone Thoroughbred Owner's Lord and Lady Jenkin's asking their endearing Vet Princess Wendy ;  " Do you think our injured  Filly Lady Chestnut will be able to race again  ". In a normal and  true salubrious veterinarian  response, Princess Wendy replied " yep, of course ! And you'll probably beat her as well "  :).
Catch you all on the Race  Track for the  first day of Thoroughbred Racing in  PJ's Spring Tipping Competition :).
It's good  to be back home in my own bed looking out the window at the beautiful ocean waves :).  It was hard to sneak a nice glass of Rohrlach Barossa Shiraz  in  Hospital when the Doctor's , Grand Children and Nurse's are filling their glasses first :rolleyes:.
Sir Castleton , good luck with your recovery champ :).
God Bless you all.

33 minutes ago, Wrinkles said:

Rees , congratulations on your Harness Tipping Teams idea  for PJ's Spring Tipping Competition !   New  Horse Racing Stalls are always good to visit :).

Being a member of the new Harness Magnificent  (10) ten. I nominate Double R  and Dogzstar1 as our two team Captains this time around.  Sorry , globederby 12, champ ,
you need to concentrate on your tipping skills more :rolleyes:. You have been picking plenty  of  second placings of late. Rees , let's hope your selections in PJ's Spring Tipping Competition are future winners and are not going slower than a nudist through a barbed wire fence :).  I think the PJ Thoroughbred crowd might be worried about these new Harness Magnificent (10) ten two tipping teams turning up on their Race Tracks looking to win a few match up games or two :).
I swear the other day at SCG Members Lounge.  I heard the lucky Scone Thoroughbred Owner's Lord and Lady Jenkin's asking their endearing Vet Princess Wendy ;  " Do you think our injured  Filly Lady Chestnut will be able to race again  ". In a normal and  true salubrious veterinarian  response, Princess Wendy replied " yep, of course ! And you'll probably beat her as well "  :).
Catch you all on the Race  Track for the  first day of Thoroughbred Racing in  PJ's Spring Tipping Competition :).
It's good  to be back home in my own bed looking out the window at the beautiful ocean waves :).  It was hard to sneak a nice glass of Rohrlach Barossa Shiraz  in  Hospital when the Doctor's , Grand Children and Nurse's are filling their glasses first :rolleyes:.
Sir Castleton , good luck with your recovery champ :).
God Bless you all.

Cheeky Monkey;)

Last member in from Aussie(ex pat). Harewood . 

Two teams now complete. But a reserves bench might be needed just in case. 

Team One

Globe, Richie, Mardy, Luca, Robert. 

Team Two

Allan, Dogztar, Wrinkles, Harewood, Kay. 

Welcome to the Harness brigade guys. We shall now serve it up to the Gallops fraternity. 

Shall post teams up when PJ starts his Sept Spring comp.

10 hours ago, globederby12 said:

Welcome to the Harness brigade guys. We shall now serve it up to the Gallops fraternity. 

I think the only way you guys will be able to get anywhere near the Gallops fraternity is if you break into a full stretch gallop

18 minutes ago, Von Cettes said:

I think the only way you guys will be able to get anywhere near the Gallops fraternity is if you break into a full stretch gallop

Ian....even the sulky-pullers can get into a gallop with hopples on