RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Mardy

The Informant

10 hours ago, hesi said:

That's what I am saying, if the national body does not have control over racing, who does?

I wasn't sure if you were saying they should have more control or less.

This Bernard Saundry will have to start putting forward his ideas pretty soon. Based on Racing Victoria experience I am almost certain he will start looking at ways of extracting Trackside and associated media away from the Racing Board. There should have been major restructuring once the internet was established. Combining media, marketing for all clubs of the three codes will save millions and give all forms of racing a boost. Racing is losing ground because its own marketing is not compatible with TAB marketing. Trackside was built up through participants of racing not by highly paid executives. Therefore its owned by racing participants and some claim must be staked before its diluted with other sports.

Secondly I am sure the first thing Bernard would have asked is why NZTR is holed up away from racing stuck in Petone.  RVL I am sure is mindfull of exposure and stature and would be located not far from Flemington racecourse. Therefore its a no brainer NZTR has to relocate to Ellerslie racecourse. You could not find one reason to favour Petone ahead of Ellerslie.

Trackside offices should have gone to Ellerslie rather than Parnell as well.

Thirdly looking at how major businesses grow they don't reinvent the wheel. They combine. That's whats needed. A separate assets based company looking after the bricks and mortar needs to be formed and from that asset base perhaps an all weather track can be born. 

On 9/4/2017 at 1:45 PM, slam dunk said:

Matthew,

Is there any likelihood of any article appearing even just slightly critical of the Racing Board?

Mathew has gone quiet now.

The informant journalists wont publish anything critical of the Racing Board, when the NZRB have control over it.

Has anyone near the top of the south received their paper this morning? .I know their were issues yesterday in getting it thru to stores due to road closures.Think their were closures overnight as well..so may not get thru again?.

On ‎09‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 8:01 PM, SilverHawk said:

Mathew has gone quiet now.

The informant journalists wont publish anything critical of the Racing Board, when the NZRB have control over it.

You are incorrect on this.

Have you not read any of Brian De Lore's articles in The Informant (refer earlier in this thread). 

On 9/4/2017 at 1:45 PM, slam dunk said:

Matthew,

Is there any likelihood of any article appearing even just slightly critical of the Racing Board?

Matthew gone quiet on that question.:ph34r:

Informant doesnt have its own independency from the NZRB.

NZRB have a monopoly on racing media.

2 hours ago, SilverHawk said:

Matthew gone quiet on that question.:ph34r:

Informant doesnt have its own independency from the NZRB.

NZRB have a monopoly on racing media.

Got to say Matthew replied promptly to me and even forwarded a Brian De Lore article. Thats a big thumbs up for Matthew.

Now if only NZRB TR etc could do the same on this forum. Kind of wishful thinking.

On 9/8/2017 at 11:47 AM, rdytdy said:

You are incorrect on this.

Have you not read any of Brian De Lore's articles in The Informant (refer earlier in this thread). 

Written by bloodstock agent Brian De Lore

From the other channel.

"A very good article written by a person not on the NZRB Payroll.

NZRB have what we use to call Journalist, ie Dillon, Guerin and Rodley (our Main Daily Papers) on their payroll so in a way they control what they write. 

You don't chop off the hand that feeds you !!!!!!"

Nothing ever critical towards NZRB written by an Informant journalist, like NZ Racing Journalist of the Year, Dennis Ryan.