Hound Fan

Cambridge

54 posts in this topic

On 18/07/2017 at 9:26 AM, aquaman said:

Lazy Auckland people not prepared to travel. Auckland is the weakest region in the country. The racing in Auckland is boring. They only seem to have squibs. They are incapable of breeding any race dogs 500 plus. There Sunday meeting is borrrrring.

Yes because Addington doesnt have three meetings a week right? There is almost no need to travel down south

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, alltheway!!! said:

Yes because Addington doesnt have three meetings a week right? There is almost no need to travel down south

Correct, Addington doe's not have 3 meetings a week. And incorrect, there is a need to travel down Sth. You obviously know nothing about how it all operates down here. Trainers travel all over NZ looking for opportunities, unlike lazy Auckland trainers that expect it all comes to them. That is why they are so unsuccessful, just straight out plain lazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, aquaman said:

The Trainers up there are lazy, they have never travelled, ever. Every other area, the trainers travel long distances, but not Aucklanders.

So are you saying that S Clark, T Craik, M Smith, P Green, T Green, K Herbert, G Hunt, G Wilson, H Mulane & K Walsh are all lazy?

I'm not sure where the boarder for Waikato & Auckland is but I think J Udy & R Udy fall into the Auckland region also but I could be wrong.

G Hunt doesn't go down every week as he is working & his daughter is at school but every school holidays they are noming for & traveling down to Cambridge so I think that your statement about Aucklanders being lazy is false.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Gary Sharp said:

So are you saying that S Clark, T Craik, M Smith, P Green, T Green, K Herbert, G Hunt, G Wilson, H Mulane & K Walsh are all lazy?

I'm not sure where the boarder for Waikato & Auckland is but I think J Udy & R Udy fall into the Auckland region also but I could be wrong.

G Hunt doesn't go down every week as he is working & his daughter is at school but every school holidays they are noming for & traveling down to Cambridge so I think that your statement about Aucklanders being lazy is false.

Gary ..John's statement  is not worthy off a answer.......sad really

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, aquaman said:

Lazy travelers, always have been.

It's a ballroom....John is living in the past..something that happens to older people who need a pat on the back....his last trip to auckland we didn't even have a motorway...he has bred sprinters trying to breed stayers and is now angry at everyone......he even has trouble peeing..lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Gary Sharp said:

So are you saying that S Clark, T Craik, M Smith, P Green, T Green, K Herbert, G Hunt, G Wilson, H Mulane & K Walsh are all lazy?

I'm not sure where the boarder for Waikato & Auckland is but I think J Udy & R Udy fall into the Auckland region also but I could be wrong.

G Hunt doesn't go down every week as he is working & his daughter is at school but every school holidays they are noming for & traveling down to Cambridge so I think that your statement about Aucklanders being lazy is false.

Had a reply for you Gary, but ended up losing it. But yes to your question, with the exception of Karen, who is not afraid to travel. For trainers Nth of the Bombay's, Waikato is a huge trip, thats why they struggle to fill fields. Trainers Sth of Cook St regularly do round trips of over 1000 kms in the same day. Trainers in the south Gary are a much tougher breed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

John Goode i agree with re racing at auckland very boring 318m races race after race no disagreement but you seem to have a thing about aucklanders not travelling please name the trainers. the only trainers i know of in the auckland area are trainers with only 2/3 race dogs such as the cleaver boys.Halley mullane is in the Auckland area and is down at wanganui racing today and travels to Palmy.there is no one else to my limited knowledge who trains in the auckland area certainly no big trainers maybe craik not sure if he lives waikato or auckland but saying that ben has done thousands of ks or miles over the last 30 years.sp please name the lazy trainers who will not travel that reside in the Auckland area ???

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, aquaman said:

Had a reply for you Gary, but ended up losing it. But yes to your question, with the exception of Karen, who is not afraid to travel. For trainers Nth of the Bombay's, Waikato is a huge trip, thats why they struggle to fill fields. Trainers Sth of Cook St regularly do round trips of over 1000 kms in the same day. Trainers in the south Gary are a much tougher breed.

What a stupid comment as the only trainers I could think of north of the Bombay's are craiks, mullane and Smiths. Maybe Phil Green? And they all have travelled alot. Also last time I checked, Tirau wasn't pass the Bombay's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, aquaman said:

Had a reply for you Gary, but ended up losing it. But yes to your question, with the exception of Karen, who is not afraid to travel. For trainers Nth of the Bombay's, Waikato is a huge trip, thats why they struggle to fill fields. Trainers Sth of Cook St regularly do round trips of over 1000 kms in the same day. Trainers in the south Gary are a much tougher breed.

John ..Karen Walsh lives 1.5hrs  south off the Bombays and lives in South waikato.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, aquaman said:

Had a reply for you Gary, but ended up losing it. But yes to your question, with the exception of Karen, who is not afraid to travel. For trainers Nth of the Bombay's, Waikato is a huge trip, thats why they struggle to fill fields. Trainers Sth of Cook St regularly do round trips of over 1000 kms in the same day. Trainers in the south Gary are a much tougher breed.

John...last 3yrs I have had 29 trips to chch(average off 10 a year) and back ..including trips to just trial...52 trips to wanganui and 27 trips to palmy....more than you have ever done so get over it....and half were done from dairyflat...not that you would know we're that is...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Hound Fan said:

John ..Karen Walsh lives 1.5hrs  south off the Bombays and lives in South waikato.....

Sorry Steve that was my fault about Karen Walsh I thought she was still up these ways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Hound Fan said:

John...last 3yrs I have had 29 trips to chch(average off 10 a year) and back ..including trips to just trial...52 trips to wanganui and 27 trips to palmy....more than you have ever done so get over it....and half were done from dairyflat...not that you would know we're that is...

You really are always out to play the man... enough from you, you were warned many times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, GOM said:

To be fair to Waikato their area have taken a bit of a hammering lately with defections from the breeding, training ranks, maybe more than other areas.

   Penny and Keith Sutch Jones, Mike Lozell, Ken Madden, Danny Tehiko, Tom and Jill McGillivray, Gilles and Lorna Mitchell, The Pomeroys, Bob Van Meeuwyn, Erena Koroheke and Mark, Trent Agent plus us cutting back and others I have failed to mention have been huge contributors to the numbers for Waikato for many years but for various reasons are no longer doing so . There have been virtually no new participants appearing to take their place especially in the South Waikato where a large number of dogs were prepared for Cambridge. 

Add James and Aleisha and Scott Payne to that list and the cause becomes apparent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, GOM said:

Add James and Aleisha and Scott Payne to that list and the cause becomes apparent

Unfortunately i dont think the nzgra actually care about younger trainers leaving the game otherwise they would be more proactive and approach these people seeking a reason why in the hopes they could do something about it before the arse completely falls out of the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Slim Shady said:

Unfortunately i dont think the nzgra actually care about younger trainers leaving the game otherwise they would be more proactive and approach these people seeking a reason why in the hopes they could do something about it before the arse completely falls out of the game.

why should the nzgra do everything why  arent the trainers actually encouraging people to join the sport     think positive ask nzgra to put a promotion on  for people to come along to the clubs to see what greyhound racing is actually about     considering all the bad publicity with fighting and threats going on in the last couple of years   it might help clean up your image

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Hound Fan said:

John...last 3yrs I have had 29 trips to chch(average off 10 a year) and back ..including trips to just trial...52 trips to wanganui and 27 trips to palmy....more than you have ever done so get over it....and half were done from dairyflat...not that you would know we're that is...

Is Dairy Flat part of Fontera?. Funny name. Is it Sth of the Bombays. If so, it do's not come into the lazy trainer zone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, gary1 said:

why should the nzgra do everything why  arent the trainers actually encouraging people to join the sport     think positive ask nzgra to put a promotion on  for people to come along to the clubs to see what greyhound racing is actually about     considering all the bad publicity with fighting and threats going on in the last couple of years   it might help clean up your image

The sport does not appeal to the young ones unfortunately. Especially when you look at young trainers like James black and Alisha Steele and matt roberts who have had a lot of success and still struggled to pay the bills. Even the like of callum weir have had to work still and he has had some of the best dogs in the last two or three seasons in NZ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Slim Shady said:

Unfortunately i dont think the nzgra actually care about younger trainers leaving the game otherwise they would be more proactive and approach these people seeking a reason why in the hopes they could do something about it before the arse completely falls out of the game.

I agree with you on that Forest. I would like to see the NZGRA put together a mentor &/or an apprenticeship scheme where young trainers or people who want to get into the industry as a trainer. Most of the other industries in the country have them so why don't we?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Gary Sharp said:

I agree with you on that Forest. I would like to see the NZGRA put together a mentor &/or an apprenticeship scheme where young trainers or people who want to get into the industry as a trainer. Most of the other industries in the country have them so why don't we?

They did actually have a mentor type programme years ago when i first got into dogs, some guy Coppins (from memory) was employed by nzgra for the position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now