RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

Is it time cambridge gave up and passed some off there meetings on to auckland?...only 109 noms ...why? 10 races again ..why?.. Auckland have no problem getting 13 or 14 races so can't blame lack off dogs...is it a selection policy ? No not with only 109 noms....so why?........l will be honest I prefer cambridge to auckland but why won't people nom ??....is it there continual problem with there boxes ..there continual problem with there timer?

1 hour ago, DC9 said:

Too many 318 dogs that can't do 375 on Cambridge track?

Bang on...sad but true. Funny thing is a few dogs that had recently changed hands and that had never raced on a one turn track have lined up at cambridge and gone very well...dont no till ya try and lets be honest it most certainly wont kill them in trying...

17 minutes ago, Joe blogs said:

funny thing is Steve one of those trainers who don't race at Cambridge

has dogs that should only race there and they run down the track at Auckland  and can't get start because they stuff there form up

Sorry who dosnt race dogs at cambridge??

25 minutes ago, Joe blogs said:

funny thing is Steve one of those trainers who don't race at Cambridge

has dogs that should only race there and they run down the track at Auckland  and can't get start because they stuff there form up

Stop the personal shit..ok.. who are you to say how anyone trains or where they race their dogs... stick to topic i am tired of the personal shit you guys always feel the need to resort to..enough.

3 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

Stop the personal shit..ok.. who are you to say how anyone trains or where they race their dogs... stick to topic i am tired of the personal shit you guys always feel the need to resort to..enough.

Just to keep it clear I nomed 11 dogs for cambridge and got 4 in....

14 minutes ago, Hound Fan said:

Just to keep it clear I nomed 11 dogs for cambridge and got 4 in....

Worse thing is you will get to the track on Thursday and ask around and there will be 6 + other trainers that will say the same thing and more than likely for the same grade/distance you nomed for...makes me wonder sometimes...might be time they make the nom's a little bit more available for industry participants to view?..keeps it totally out there and open that way.

5 minutes ago, Joe blogs said:

sorry Steve wasn't meaning you 

I was meaning other trainers I thought I was ok by not naming them 

but I will apologise sorry Scooby I wasn't trying to stir

was just written bad

All good Joe..appreciate the honesty 

23 minutes ago, Slim Shady said:

Worse thing is you will get to the track on Thursday and ask around and there will be 6 + other trainers that will say the same thing and more than likely for the same grade/distance you nomed for...makes me wonder sometimes...might be time they make the nom's a little bit more available for industry participants to view?..keeps it totally out there and open that way.

Slim our or should I say the clubs problem is lack off noms 109....it doesn't matter who misses out 109 is 10 races...my point is is there a problem and people want to race at Auckland and not cambridge....why ?? Wouldn't be my choice and we need both tracks ..one turn and 2 turn.....but for example I've finally got yaboha back and there's no race at Auckland for him...then I wanted nightroligy to race at cambridge and no race last week so he starts at Auckland yet they had 7 noms.....surley as a sport we should cater for the best......but low and behold this week cambridge and grnz allow a 7 dog c2 race....Defys logic

There are probably many reasons Steve but the club committee has to take a look at themselves. This trend has been apparent for a while now and the clubs response is what? Let's card a few more  distance features. It is a noble thought that has had a very limitted success and yet that is the only initiative they have shown.

Keep dong what you are doing and you will keep getting what you have got.

The saddest thing about that is prominent trainers on the committee have dogs that love racing there and yet  Nero fiddles while Rome burns.

By the way Scooby you are quick off the blocks picking up indiscretions on this site that would go unoticed on the other two.

16 hours ago, Hound Fan said:

Is it time cambridge gave up and passed some off there meetings on to auckland?...only 109 noms ...why? 10 races again ..why?.. Auckland have no problem getting 13 or 14 races so can't blame lack off dogs...is it a selection policy ? No not with only 109 noms....so why?........l will be honest I prefer cambridge to auckland but why won't people nom ??....is it there continual problem with there boxes ..there continual problem with there timer?

Lazy Auckland people not prepared to travel. Auckland is the weakest region in the country. The racing in Auckland is boring. They only seem to have squibs. They are incapable of breeding any race dogs 500 plus. There Sunday meeting is borrrrring.

You are way off the mark 3 reasons why.

(1)mr goode your saying lazy auckland trainers will not travel to the waikato. have a look and see how many trainers are living in the auckland very few  have you noticed the prices of land in the auckland area? IF NOT MR GOODE have a look !. i say the this one of the reasons for ten races is because the over kill of races in the CD. palmy,yesterday,wanganui 14 races today,wanganui wed, & once again wanganui friday.!!!

(2) the fees nzgra set per pup $50 to register & and the silly price of $1600 to register a stud dog not mention straw prices and the cost of rearing. these costs are killing breeders!!.

(3) stupid quota system of 20 dogs imported per month!! .

we never had this problem before the quota system came in and Mr Dickison stopped exporting. Mr Roberts used to bring a trailor load of dogs up to the waikato every Thursday not any more we are now stuck with 10 races.it will not be long before we get 8 races at Cambridge and do you know realize what happens with only 8 races? the meeting is abandoned!!

The nzgra stated on their recent road show that there will be a short of dogs in 2021 well do not worry about 2021 the way we are heading there will be no dogs at waikato in 12 months time.

a change in direction is required urgently by nzgra

new committee urgently reqired at waikato before the club is made redundant.

We require new board members on the nzgra with in depth knowledge of greyhound racing.

no independant board members.!!

Clearly aquaman doesnt realise its about an hours drive from akl to cambridge...it simply comes down to the lack off dogs that can (or dont get a shot at) run 375mtrs. Must say i do now for once agree with aquaman where he stated that akl racing is boooring...honestly Sunday gone was the end of punting for me, woeful fields. The maiden sprint race (and without checking exactly) would of consisted of 8 dogs with probably near on 200 starts between them...and they still maidens!!!! Where the fark is all the up and comers, previously at least every couple weeks you'd get a few nice type maidens coming through...not now. I decided after last Sunday that my $300 spend at akl a week is staying in my bank...too much of a lottery punting there now im afraid. On a brighter note i did say to a gentleman sitting next to me last sunday before that maiden race to get a dart and throw it at the paper printout and back whatever dog it lands on cause the race is that open...he was stoked with $1 eachway on a $30 shot!

Clearly aquaman doesnt realise its about an hours drive from akl to cambridge...

Is that a serious statement or just sarcasm? 

Try racing dogs in the South Island, if you told trainers down here it was only an hr to get to the races they would be jumping for joy!

Try 5 hours to Dunedin and 9 hours to Invercargill in the middle of winter and then you would have something valid to complain about.

There are ample opportunities for North Island trainers if they are prepared to travel, races unfortunately don't always drop on your lap right in front of you and sometimes you have to make a real effort.

9 minutes ago, mcmissile said:

Clearly aquaman doesnt realise its about an hours drive from akl to cambridge...

Is that a serious statement or just sarcasm? 

Try racing dogs in the South Island, if you told trainers down here it was only an hr to get to the races they would be jumping for joy!

Try 5 hours to Dunedin and 9 hours to Invercargill in the middle of winter and then you would have something valid to complain about.

There are ample opportunities for North Island trainers if they are prepared to travel, races unfortunately don't always drop on your lap right in front of you and sometimes you have to make a real effort.

Welcome back,  you missed my point...i was saying theres no excuse for lack of noms due to travel here in the north given its an hours drive.

24 minutes ago, clarkie said:

Slim what do we do do with those 8 dogs  with 200 starts between them?  ???

Thats where the problem lays i guess....catch 22 but lets be honest what do those sort of fields do for greyhound racing in general? On the flip side you could be like me and keep them as pets!!! Hence the reason ive given up training, i cant cut ties with some these dogs so no point accuring anymore!!

16 hours ago, LOSER said:

You are way off the mark 3 reasons why.

(1)mr goode your saying lazy auckland trainers will not travel to the waikato. have a look and see how many trainers are living in the auckland very few  have you noticed the prices of land in the auckland area? IF NOT MR GOODE have a look !. i say the this one of the reasons for ten races is because the over kill of races in the CD. palmy,yesterday,wanganui 14 races today,wanganui wed, & once again wanganui friday.!!!

(2) the fees nzgra set per pup $50 to register & and the silly price of $1600 to register a stud dog not mention straw prices and the cost of rearing. these costs are killing breeders!!.

(3) stupid quota system of 20 dogs imported per month!! .

we never had this problem before the quota system came in and Mr Dickison stopped exporting. Mr Roberts used to bring a trailor load of dogs up to the waikato every Thursday not any more we are now stuck with 10 races.it will not be long before we get 8 races at Cambridge and do you know realize what happens with only 8 races? the meeting is abandoned!!

The nzgra stated on their recent road show that there will be a short of dogs in 2021 well do not worry about 2021 the way we are heading there will be no dogs at waikato in 12 months time.

a change in direction is required urgently by nzgra

new committee urgently reqired at waikato before the club is made redundant.

We require new board members on the nzgra with in depth knowledge of greyhound racing.

no independant board members.!!

Whatever the reasons, the racing at Auckland is the most borrrring in the country. Close Auckland now, before it fades away altogether. The Trainers up there are lazy, they have never travelled, ever. Every other area, the trainers travel long distances, but not Aucklanders.

13 minutes ago, aquaman said:

The Trainers up there are lazy, they have never travelled, ever. Every other area, the trainers travel long distances, but not Aucklanders.

Hmmm can count 5 that have travelled to wanganui today , and I know one that went to wanganui a couple of weeks ago with just one dog !! 

To be fair to Waikato their area have taken a bit of a hammering lately with defections from the breeding, training ranks, maybe more than other areas.

Penny and Keith Sutch Jones, Mike Lozell, Ken Madden, Danny Tehiko, Tom and Jill McGillivray, Gilles and Lorna Mitchell, The Pomeroys, Bob Van Meeuwyn, Erena Koroheke and Mark, Trent Agent plus us cutting back and others I have failed to mention have been huge contributors to the numbers for Waikato for many years but for various reasons are no longer doing so . There have been virtually no new participants appearing to take their place especially in the South Waikato where a large number of dogs were prepared for Cambridge.