RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
The Crucible

4kg claimers

If you want to see a good thing beaten, and see why I don't back 4kg claimers, have a look at the replay of Grey Ghost in Race 6 at Timaru today.

I know a lot of people who like backing horses with the 4kg weight relief on a heavy track but I just don't risk it.  This particular jockey has had 120 odd rides for two winners and I can see why.

ps.  I did my dough on Royal Mistress so it's not my wallet talking.  

20 minutes ago, The Crucible said:

If you want to see a good thing beaten, and see why I don't back 4kg claimers, have a look at the replay of Grey Ghost in Race 6 at Timaru today.

I know a lot of people who like backing horses with the 4kg weight relief on a heavy track but I just don't risk it.  This particular jockey has had 120 odd rides for two winners and I can see why.

Would tend to agree. Often a fine line a punter has to walk. Go with the 4kg claim or more weight and experience. I tend to go the latter.

33 minutes ago, The Crucible said:

Bloody awful ride. Came out with momentum, then ducks back in, then comes out...bird had flown. Should have walked in.

12 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Bloody awful ride. Came out with momentum, then ducks back in, then comes out...bird had flown. Should have walked in.

Yep ducked in every time he (or she?) hit it.  Not experienced enough to hit it and keep it straight at the same time.

On 7/14/2017 at 2:24 PM, The Crucible said:

In again at Timaru today with a major jockey upgrade.  2nd & 3rd favourites haven't raced for over a month and I really like the $2.10 on fixed odds.