RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Abernant

wellington races weather

It's of great comfort to know that the blithering idiots who run Trentham, the likes of Guppy and Fuckered, now run the Members Council so they can now do to the wider industry what they've done to Trentham, through negligence and a lack of vision.

We're in good hands !!!!!

Is the water pooling because of a blocked drain or two or is it simply the camber of the track.

The rain has eased now and is predicted to be fine tomorrow.

I would have thought the track would cope and be ok for tomorrow.

A better explanation from the track management team please.

Yep a bit harsh.  Wellington gets hit for two days by one of the worst storms we've had in the past 10 years and you think the track (already heavy because it's the middle of winter) should be able to bounce back within a day or two and provide a safe racing surface?

The rain hasn't eased - its been steady for most of the morning and showers are forecast to continue until middle of the day tomorrow.

Lots of things to criticise the establishment for, but they can't control the weather.

28 minutes ago, Patiti said:

Is the water pooling because of a blocked drain or two or is it simply the camber of the track.

The rain has eased now and is predicted to be fine tomorrow.

I would have thought the track would cope and be ok for tomorrow.

A better explanation from the track management team please.

You are surely taking the p....

1 hour ago, The Crucible said:

Yep a bit harsh.  Wellington gets hit for two days by one of the worst storms we've had in the past 10 years and you think the track (already heavy because it's the middle of winter) should be able to bounce back within a day or two and provide a safe racing surface?

The rain hasn't eased - its been steady for most of the morning and showers are forecast to continue until middle of the day tomorrow.

Lots of things to criticise the establishment for, but they can't control the weather.

It never used to be a problem there.

I've ridden there when they've run two minute miles up to their knees in mud, but it was safe then, now it's been neglected and abused with no significant maintenance, and so we're paying the price.

To compound matters the talking heads at NZTR and the WRC keep telling us what a great job they're doing.

Maybe it's time to just admit they've neglected the course and the facilities for so long that they're no longer relevant or usable, in other words they've fucked the joint.

Alterntaively they could either fix it, or relocate.

8 minutes ago, Midget said:

I've ridden there when they've run two minute miles up to their knees in mud, but it was safe then, now it's been neglected and abused with no significant maintenance, and so we're paying the price.

To compound matters the talking heads at NZTR and the WRC keep telling us what a great job they're doing.

Maybe it's time to just admit they've neglected the course and the facilities for so long that they're no longer relevant or usable, in other words they've fucked the joint.

The first thing to do is accept that Trentham is not a great place to race during the middle of winter. Didn't there used to be a racecourse at Foxton?

28 minutes ago, Midget said:

I agree with you re the track of yesteryear.. I can't remember my dad ever calling off a meeting between '77 and '86 nor Alf McCarthy before him and that was when they raced Saturday, Weds, Saturday.    Some racedays you couldn't even see any grass on the track anymore it was so churned up but still they ran on it and all was well.   It definitely has declined over the last 25 years or so, more's the pity, it used to be a wonderful course. 

Weather patterns have changed though over recent years, there does seem to be more rain and storms - perhaps that has a bearing and just impacts further on a track that is tired and rundown.

1 hour ago, Midget said:

You should look in the mirror. Look at the shit track your beloved club has put up all year with a fraction of the rain on it. 

Look at the breakdowns of top class horses on Cup Day because of your beloved club's crap track. 

Next year I will have a top class filly racing there, Ellerslie, (because of the Black Type Races) so start preparing it now or you will be hearing from me as relentlessly as you go about Trentham. 

P.S. Do a review of the surfaces of both clubs tracks 2016/17 and tell me honestly who consistently has had the best surfaces throughout the year. 

By the way, everyone else, please feel free to post your views on which track came out on top, this year. Then we will have a consensus. (No pun intended)

3 hours ago, Hacko said:

What a pack of w.nkers on this site. I live about 300 metres from the race course, it pretty much hasn't stopped raining for the past three days. You want to blame someone, blame the guy in the sky.

Have to agree...I,m in Hastings Hacko, been shit weather here also today, my back yards starting to pool.

Not spending money on it for the once a year / two year/ 5year deluge.

Some of the pricks on here would moan if their arse was on fire and you pissed on it, to put it out.

5 minutes ago, Insider said:

Shit happens!

For a reason. A complete and total lack of investment in tracks going on 30 years now. $24m being borrowed on a prayer. All wasted on stakes. Meanwhile, betting interest, turnover and revenue on NZ racing remain in a tailspin. Brilliant stuff. You get what you pay for.