RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Fartoomuch

Positives at Nelson

Hey, Rennell is unreliable, and a very low quality administrator. I still remember his inaction over the Blue Magic. He should of been shown the door then. He buried the widespread drugging of horses then, and it was only because the Police got involved that it all unraveled. The word I have is, the stable in question suspect nobbling.

13 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

A very confusing article.

I am sure this would have worked fine.

Robert Dunn Harness Racing Stables, headed by Robert Dunn and his son John Dunn, has been the subject of a Racing Integrity Unit investigation which has dragged on for seven months.

Four horses in the care of the of the stable returned positive swabs containing caffeine which were taken at the Nelson Winter Cup two-day meeting on June 9 and 11.

The Dunns have claimed that the horses were nobbled – the caffeine was administered by an outside party.

The claim has caused rifts within the Canterbury harness racing community, with those accused of the nobbling threatening their own legal action.

Racing Integrity Unit general manager Mike Godber told The Star yesterday the investigation had been completed.

But the decision on whether to charge the Dunns has been delayed for two weeks after Robert Dunn requested more time for a private investigator he has enlisted to complete his own inquiries.

I am feeling like Dexter the Bobblehead re the rest of it.

What are the rules in Australia? If a stable returned 4 positives, would they still be able to continue and still earn stake money?

The rules in all codes in NZ seem to be very lax, when was the last time a trainer was actually disqualified and not allowed to race any horses? I can't recall any.

There was a gallops trainer on the JCA website that was recently done for Cobalt, just got a fine, no suspension, isn't that just buying your way out of trouble though?

Time to get tough on these drug cheats and make it a level playing field for everyone (as much as it can be).

6 hours ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

I am sure this would have worked fine.

Robert Dunn Harness Racing Stables, headed by Robert Dunn and his son John Dunn, has been the subject of a Racing Integrity Unit investigation which has dragged on for seven months.

Four horses in the care of the of the stable returned positive swabs containing caffeine which were taken at the Nelson Winter Cup two-day meeting on June 9 and 11.

The Dunns have claimed that the horses were nobbled – the caffeine was administered by an outside party.

The claim has caused rifts within the Canterbury harness racing community, with those accused of the nobbling threatening their own legal action.

Racing Integrity Unit general manager Mike Godber told The Star yesterday the investigation had been completed.

But the decision on whether to charge the Dunns has been delayed for two weeks after Robert Dunn requested more time for a private investigator he has enlisted to complete his own inquiries.

I am feeling like Dexter the Bobblehead re the rest of it.

Someone has to write a book with all of the excuses trainers come up with when they get caught. Been some bewdies in all 3 codes.

Had to laugh in 2yo race today. Heisenberg the fav, driven by John Dunn pulls back at start as DD shoots other stable runner to front, which wins well.

John Dunn always rushes to the front, but not today. 

Dunn stable having good day, hope they have security in boxes to keep out those that give horses the edge!

On 12/22/2017 at 0:13 AM, Portfolio said:

Someone has to write a book with all of the excuses trainers come up with when they get caught. Been some bewdies in all 3 codes.

case should have been dealt with ages ago ,if defendants know outside evidence should have approached riu..hearing is the place to bring up,prosecution has to prove horses had illegal substance,defendants must prove otherwise if they are innocent..letting kirk larsen take the rapt in forbury charges makes one wonder morally wise ..the old saying there is right and there is wrong..no grey areas

On 7/9/2017 at 8:21 PM, jess said:

Just when I thought the team driving was bad enough at that meeting ... "but wait there's more" ... as they say in the informercials ...

Allways more but wait////////////////////////

3 hours ago, Portfolio said:

Very interesting indeed. 

In the CHCH Press recently, it stated Dunn had been charged for 3 other offences in the past.

Can anyone remember what they were?

Probably refering to

His trainer's licence was suspended for six months after he presented two horses with prohibited substances in Australia in 1992.

He was fined $500 after another horse was found with elevated TCO2 [total carbon dioxide] levels at the Westport Trotting Club in 2004.

He was also fined $3000, and son John $1500, earlier this year for instructing employee Craig Smith to be in possession of a prohibited substance, ketoprofen, at a Forbury Park meeting in June 2016.

And there's more,

Brosnan charged by RIU over positives

Ardmore trainer Richard Brosnan has been charged by the Racing Integrity Unit with three counts of presenting horses to race not free of prohibited substances.

The horses in question are Bopper Jet, Grenado and Our Petite Lady and all three returned post-race swabs with elevated levels of cobalt.

Two of the samples came from race wins; one by Our Petite Lady (September 22) and the other by Grenado (August 31).

Bopper Jet’s was also from a race on August 31, when he finished second to Jude’s Gem.

Which shows you EVERY trainer is at risk of getting charged.     Name me any one who is stauncher on drug free racing than Richard.     The authorities unfortunately are the ones who are dragging the chain in this area.     For example - if a bag of feed is contaminated by the time the positives have been processed, that bag would have been consumed so if contamination happened to be the cause, the trainer has no chance.    He is just made out to be a cheat by an over-zealous band of officials.    The outcome being, horse disqualification (and loss of stakes if any) for the owner.    At best, a moderate fine against the trainer who, while being innocent, is a bad boy under the prevailing laws and who's reputation is tarnished for life.      While  we do not want drugs in the industry, at the moment the war appears to be heavily weighted against the innocent.      The executive needs to address this situation urgently and look at ways for faster detection.    Also I think the authorities need to be more certain of a wrongdoing and offer this as evidence rather than hide behind the present one sided regulations.    Interesting to know how "hygienic"  food bagging facilities are and if such was proved to be the reason, do the authorities have any recourse against such facilities?

Is it innocent tho  if a horse they present to the races has drugs in its system which fails a test limits . I’m not saying either person did it on purpose but under the rules they are guilty of not presenting a horse to the races free of drugs 

1 hour ago, hsvman said:

Is it innocent tho  if a horse they present to the races has drugs in its system which fails a test limits . I’m not saying either person did it on purpose but under the rules they are guilty of not presenting a horse to the races free of drugs 

Back in Steven Stocks day the rule was clear and enforced. Today things are somewhat indecisive when it comes to bringing positive swabs to a resolution.

Will we see a change to this rule sometime soon ?

1 hour ago, hsvman said:

If what you say is the absolute, then every trainer who presents a horse is guilty simply because as he does not know whether horse has ingested something, whether in the paddock or feed or whatever, so by starting a horse he is on a wing and a prayer because he could not categorically swear that the horse was clean, could he      So if nobody wants to get an unexpected knock on their door the easy way out is to not enter any horses.      Yes I know this sounds silly, but just as silly as someone who not only starts a horse they assume and believe is clean then is treated as a criminal because somehow their horse returns a positive.     That's why I say sure get the cheats by proving they are in fact cheats but don't tar the honest guys with the same brush.       

If Brosnan wanted to get a few more winners, he should just hand the reigns to someone else, no need to worry about drugs. In fact, some of his drives you might think he needs testing, not the horse.

Still, we know what will happen, must have been a bad batch food, ate a fence post, shared drink with a cow.

54 minutes ago, eljay said:

If what you say is the absolute, then every trainer who presents a horse is guilty simply because as he does not know whether horse has ingested something, whether in the paddock or feed or whatever, so by starting a horse he is on a wing and a prayer because he could not categorically swear that the horse was clean, could he      So if nobody wants to get an unexpected knock on their door the easy way out is to not enter any horses.      Yes I know this sounds silly, but just as silly as someone who not only starts a horse they assume and believe is clean then is treated as a criminal because somehow their horse returns a positive.     That's why I say sure get the cheats by proving they are in fact cheats but don't tar the honest guys with the same brush.       

Well I don't know if everyone is guilty as there's only been his 3 and the Dunns ones that have failed tests lately , to me that's only a couple of guilty trainers ?