RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Fartoomuch

Positives at Nelson

41 minutes ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

i think the best explanation is human error and this was not supposed to go live until 12:01 am Sunday.

But at the end of the day "Rules are Rules" so enforce them or prepare to lose your sports integrity

16 hours ago, Fartoomuch said:

Does seem  rather odd timing alright given  the press reports suggest they only pleaded guilty after they were officially charged. We will never probably know whether any plea bargaining occurred.

Why would you plead guilty before being charged?

$7,000?  That'll learn `em ..... a sentence like that will have the cheats around the country trembling in their boots ....

What was that cautionary tale we used to get told in our childhood as our elders tried to shape our moral character ...? - oh yes  ..."cheats never prosper"  

Guest Hunterthenutter
47 minutes ago, jess said:

$7,000?  That'll learn `em ..... a sentence like that will have the cheats around the country trembling in their boots ....

What was that cautionary tale we used to get told in our childhood as our elders tried to shape our moral character ...? - oh yes  ..."cheats never prosper"  

should got time away from training say 12 months

3 hours ago, Portfolio said:

If guilty, send them to jail for a while. Soon, everybody involved in all 3 codes, will then know cheating is not acceptable

We don't have the cells available there is 11000 in jail and 300 spare beds wouldn't be nearly enough. 

Imagine jailing all the welfare cheats politicians that cheat IRD cheats and the one cricketer there would be no one left outside.

you people are stupid they did not cheat the drinking water was contaminated do you really think they would be so dumb to put caffeine in the water the easiest thing in racing to detect as for the comment of send them to prison you just shake your head

3 hours ago, sergio said:

you people are stupid they did not cheat the drinking water was contaminated do you really think they would be so dumb to put caffeine in the water the easiest thing in racing to detect as for the comment of send them to prison you just shake your head

Sergio, you are either delusional or have a very dry humour! I'd like to think it's the latter. This is disgraceful, a sad day for harness racing! 

One could easily be excused for thinking this is an early April fools joke. The JCA report paints the RIU in an exceptionally poor light.  Interesting the JCA challenged the RIU to clarify their rationale for the original suggested penalty, and subsequently observed the RIU submission was "disproportionate to penalties applied for similar" offending. 

Curious that the RIU's position was they were unable to rule out nobbling, despite no evidence (including investigation by a member of the CIB); yet they were conclusively able to rule out administration due to a lack of supporting evidence.  There appears to be little consistency in the decision making &/or favour being afforded to certain stables.

The license holders subjected to the malicious, libellous accusations, and other trainers recently charged with presentation under rule 1004 should be feeling very aggrieved by this outcome.

"This investigation unfortunately became public knowledge prior to the RIU visit to the Dunn stable at Woodend Beach. This “leak” was also investigated and found to have come from an overheard telephone conversation between two RIU staff members which was inadvertently overheard due to the “Bluetooth” capability of his vehicle whilst parked at the Rangiora Raceway. This has been dealt with internally"

Sheer incompetence!  

21 hours ago, sergio said:

Sergio, 

You seem to know a bit about incident? Fill us in, everyone loves a fairy tale, we have heard some great ones over the years when trainers get caught, trying to explain away. 

Im all ears, fire ahead.

1 minute ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Those that have defended another big stable for cheating are very vocal about this one!!! I agree though anyone caught breaking the rules should be justly punished.

Enough of the innuendo... if you have proof they cheated post it with your name and personal details attached otherwise shut up.

3 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Purdon was charged a few times for giving his horses substances I don't have to prove it, it has been in the press look it up, my point was people defended it but are very quick to put the boot into the the dunns

I don’t think people are putting boot into Dunn’s, I don’t care who it was, but charges are minimal. 

If you read article, I see Dr Molloy had plenty of input, I suppose end result shows that.