RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Fartoomuch

Positives at Nelson

22 hours ago, beef said:

Story on Friday night was that a senior trainer had 3 positives at Nelson. Not for me to name. HRNZ may let us know before X'mas!

I was told it was 5 but as there is nothing in RIU reports that i can see. As such its either nonsense or an ongoing investigation but who would know with Goodber in charge.

This thread just shows what a dumb policy the RIU have when it comes to positive swabs. I think most of us believe that this policy is in place to protect license holders who have possible breaches from bad publicity and to limit negative media comment.  Transparency is sacrificed. The policy does not work all the time anyway, as evidenced by this thread, but does sometimes if the grapevine is to be believed, but who really knows.

I believe a factor in these type of situations is it gives the RIU time to come up with a spin limiting damage,but in reality such tactics sometimes cause more damage as the organization charged with enforcing the rules are seen as apologists for those that do infringe. That seems to be the impression they give anyway. I think many are getting a bit blasé about it all now days,,many past caring like they use to.

The dogs were barking 3 weeks ago and those in the know, including HRNZ Board members and senior execs, were all in the know. Aussies were in the know -the talk spread like wildfire.

Currently nothing has been officially released -correct me if I'm wrong.Where is the correct process? 

Takes the I out of the RIU for mine......

9 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

The dogs were barking 3 weeks ago and those in the know, including HRNZ Board members and senior execs, were all in the know. Aussies were in the know -the talk spread like wildfire.

Currently nothing has been officially released -correct me if I'm wrong.Where is the correct process? 

Takes the I out of the RIU for mine......

No David the I is still there. Its just that these days it stands for Insular. They are a joke and led by a failed clown.

10 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

That is the funniest thing I have read in ages. 

On 7/11/2017 at 8:27 AM, Happy Sunrise said:

That is the funniest thing I have read in ages. 

No your posts win that contest hands down and have done for some time.Naturally you will apologize to Eclipsed when his post is found to be factually correct.

1 hour ago, Newmarket said:

Naturally you will apologize to Eclipsed when his post is found to be factually correct

On 7/10/2017 at 9:54 PM, Eclipsed said:

Sure will.

Eclipse needs to state clearly what he knows since he obviously knows everybody in Australasian harness racing and also claims they knew ONE week after the Nelson meetings. It could be used by the defendant in their defence as it would inhibit a fair hearing.

Look forward to him fronting with facts to support his claims and what he exactly knows about this particular set of positive tests. 

Can't wait.

9 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Sure will.

Eclipse needs to state clearly what he knows since he obviously knows everybody in Australasian harness racing and also claims they knew ONE week after the Nelson meetings. It could be used by the defendant in their defence as it would inhibit a fair hearing.

Look forward to him fronting with facts to support his claims and what he exactly knows about this particular set of positive tests. 

Can't wait.

Or you could actually find out something for yourself. Eclipse has already stated what he knows and he was merely replying to my opening post on this thread. As for the defense part of your post,  legally admissible evidence is obviously not your strong suit.

On ‎9‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 9:25 AM, Newmarket said:

Anybody else hearing noise about prominent Canterbury trainer returned multiple positives at recent  Nelson meeting or is this just another case of misinformation

Newmarket- after exploring the RIU webpage there is no comment of any positive tests from the Nelson meeting nor have I seen a press release and all horses that were swabbed at Nelson have been competing since

There is an article by Gordon Findlater in The Star (Thursday edition 13 July).

The headline reads: Dunn stable being probed for positive caffeine tests.

Integrity unit chief investigator Neil Grimstone refused to give details of the investigation, other than to confirm a number of horses from the Dunn stable produced positive tests.

Robert Dunn told The Star yesterday he was mystified by the positive swabs. He goes on to say. "It's just one of those things. Somehow it's got into our test. It could have been contamination but we don't know at this stage."

There is other information in the article including a comment from Harness Racing NZ chief executive Edward Rennell who is reported as saying that "the case is an unusual one  because everyone in the racing industry knows that caffeine is easy to test for."

Not sure whether the Edward Rennell comment has been cherry picked, but one could draw the inference from such a comment that he is insinuating  something for which he currently has no facts.   Did he say the same thing when Cran Dalgety  had a caffeine  positive.  Would it not have been more factual to state that as far as illegal products found detected in swabs,caffiene would be one of the more common.  Its all about the spin which at the end of the day should have no relevance, but in reality is just the way things work.

What cant be overlooked is this is becoming a common occurrence with the more successful south island stabiles.

So far in the last 12 months we have had the Dalgety cobalt positives,The dunn stable supposedly giving an after race drug to the wrong horse by mistake resulting in a positive for another stable, these latest issues for the dunn stable, the matter of the alleged raid on the all star stable by government agencies,the all star stable being fined  $16000 in aussie last month.

One could draw several conclusions from the above, none of them positive.

31 minutes ago, what a post said:

Not sure whether the Edward Rennell comment has been cherry picked, but one could draw the inference from such a comment that he is insinuating  something for which he currently has no facts.   Did he say the same thing when Cran Dalgety  had a caffeine  positive.  Would it not have been more factual to state that as far as illegal products found detected in swabs,caffiene would be one of the more common.  Its all about the spin which at the end of the day should have no relevance, but in reality is just the way things work.

What cant be overlooked is this is becoming a common occurrence with the more successful south island stabiles.

So far in the last 12 months we have had the Dalgety cobalt positives,The dunn stable supposedly giving an after race drug to the wrong horse by mistake resulting in a positive for another stable, these latest issues for the dunn stable, the matter of the alleged raid on the all star stable by government agencies,the all star stable being fined  $16000 in aussie last month.

One could draw several conclusions from the above, none of them positive.

Alleged raid? There was no raid it was a beat-up.

I agree with you re Dalgety and Dunn though. Dunn got off lightly following the Forbury debacle, stablehand thrown under the bus. Poor show alright.

I'm sure everything will eventually come out in the wash as it usually does withe our bold RIU. Also i,m quite amazed as to why they asked Rennell for his comments and his response. Surely the matter is only  in the investigation stage

21 hours ago, Jape said:

There is other information in the article including a comment from Harness Racing NZ chief executive Edward Rennell who is reported as saying that "the case is an unusual one  because everyone in the racing industry knows that caffeine is easy to test for."

What is Edward actually saying here ?

6 hours ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

What is Edward actually saying here ?

I read it as a suggestion that it was an accidental contamination. That's cool. Really hope that is the case. Owners lose the stake, trainer cops a decent fine and everybody moves on. 

You would have to presume that the RIU have finished their investigations, know for a fact it was an unintentional mistake either by the trainer or possibly in the testing process, and that this info has been passed onto Rennell. He has in turn offeredup this comment to calm the gossip. This is a presumption. The bloke that is leading this industry surely couldn't be so daft to drop a comment like that before all investigations have been completed. Or have I completely misunderstood the context of what he is saying?

3 hours ago, Hayden Sefonte said:

I read it as a suggestion that it was an accidental contamination. That's cool. Really hope that is the case. Owners lose the stake, trainer cops a decent fine and everybody moves on. 

You would have to presume that the RIU have finished their investigations, know for a fact it was an unintentional mistake either by the trainer or possibly in the testing process, and that this info has been passed onto Rennell. He has in turn offeredup this comment to calm the gossip. This is a presumption. The bloke that is leading this industry surely couldn't be so daft to drop a comment like that before all investigations have been completed. Or have I completely misunderstood the context of what he is saying?

I don't know why he needs to comment at all but I guess he knows what he is doing. Seems a nice bloke on tv,but why get drawn into this.  I always remember what he said when nicky chilcott had her court case. At the time he said that while chilcott was unwise to order medicines (one being itpp which is similar to epo),over the internet, which could be deemed prohibited substances on raceday, that did not make her a cheat as he went along with the story that chilcott only intended to use them in training, not raceday.  Technically correct I suppose but having pushed that line of thought at the time,its  hard to give too much weight to comments he makes when discussing positives.  Just my opinion.