RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
hedley

New Racing Board member

31 minutes ago, turny said:

Another nonsense appointment - and on it will go until the shafted respond

They won't people bleet about stuff in here and nobody has the balls to get together and stand up as one...  so until everyone gets off their asses and unites zero will happen, so stop whinging and take action i am so tired of the big talk and no action.

1 hour ago, scooby3051 said:

They won't people bleet about stuff in here and nobody has the balls to get together and stand up as one...  so until everyone gets off their asses and unites zero will happen, so stop whinging and take action i am so tired of the big talk and no action.

I think most of us on here are just individuals Scoob with no power at all. It needs the various industry bodies to stand up and say this dumbing down can't continue.

54 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

I think you'll find a very prominent Race Cafe personality was runner up to Bill Birnie's in his appointment. 

30 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

I think most of us on here are just individuals Scoob with no power at all. It needs the various industry bodies to stand up and say this dumbing down can't continue.

Yes but if enough individuals stand up including the trainers, owners,and jockeys then the races can't be run, then they would bloody listen quickly.

I reckon they could appoint Jeff Bezos and this forum would find fault - "no horse racing experience...", "what would an e-commerce guy know about gaming ....?"

I don't know Bill Birnie but why not give him a chance before you tar him with Racecafe's "glass half full" brush.

14 hours ago, Midget said:

And to be fair to Bill Birnie he's a good guy, very charming and well connected.

So this is who was selected to join the bunch of people dictating terms for the industry and spending industry funds?

"Well connected" to who or what precisely? (pretty meaningless statement of itself really - depending on the nature of what one is connected to - this could be a blessing or a curse)

A "good" guy?? - good as in well behaved? Good as in good at stuff? - if so, what stuff? (the links in the first post would leave one thinking his creditors may not regard him as all that "good" ... )

As for "charming" - that - like beauty - is in the eye of the beholder.  And besides - is charm what we're looking for?  For example - many a conman is thought of as "charming" before his nefarious ways are uncovered - so charm of itself may not always be a clear recommendation ... (call off the lawyers - read that last bit again carefully - just to be clear - I did not accuse any particular person of being a conman ...)

An investment banker?  At the risk of a generalisation - many in the modern world, based on recent history, would place that profession in much the same category as used car salesmen and politicians ... (probably because of all the investment bankers we've read about, who have ridden off into the sunset with bags of gold, leaving swathes of chaos & bankruptcy in their wake ...)   

Are there any better characteristics on which to base the recommendations for this man besides charm and connectedness? Please enlighten us.

How about altruism? - someone who will do the right thing for all - not motivated by self interest - how do you think the new entrant will score there folks? What do his past deeds and history tell us about that?

How about knowledge and competence in this field?

How about stewardship - of the interests, finances and property of others?

How about integrity?

For those who would promote this individual to us - if there are things about this man which make him a sound selection and likely to be a good servant to this industry and us - the stakeholders - please speak up. Show us why we should rejoice in, and get behind the appointment of this man!  Help us believe!

Such a shame those who actually make these decisions and appointments seem to be accountable to no-one.  

I think I need another strong coffee .....  

22 hours ago, Midget said:

He was hand picked by Glenda Hughes, shoulder tapped as they say in the trade.

She's your problem because everything she touches turns to shit and it appears she has no idea how badly she's perceived to be performing.

That name keeps coming up. A pattern is emerging .... not a nice pattern, either ...  

Well Bill knows me well so that's a good start, mind you I'm on very good terms with four of the final five, and very, very close to the one who should have been appointed hands down but for reasons the fat lazy overweight stale pale old clueless males who run racing understand they chose to ignore her.

Still she's only a global expert in media, hospitality, national sports administration, international trade etc, she races about half a dozen decent horses, including a couple of pretty good G1 performers, but as is the way the current crew who've dragged us to our knees they seem to want to surround themselves with incompetent people so they're not challenged, and therein lies the tragedy of our time across the NZRB and the codes.

You get what you deserve and you deserve what you in this life don't you think ?

Isn't this just the norm for this appointment, Julie Christie would have been the breath of fresh air this board needed, look at the resume she comes with, and she gets over looked??? How does this happen, and why do we put up with these appointments that are so Old Boys Club? 

And then there is Glenda, appointed by who?

By the government who are so far from reality with anything involving our industry.

This current government, couldn't care a less about the racing industry, which has gone downhill over the last 9 years, they just grab the money, and are destroying a sport that I love. I will never vote for this load of tossers again, the only time the industry has had any real support in the past was when Winston Peters was racing minister, that is why N Z First will get my vote, I believe that he would see through the bunch of phonies that are wrecking this industry in 5 minutes flat.

How can you blame the government ?

It's not them involved in all this chicanery, it's not them manipulating the system, it's not them pushing tired old failed policies, it's not them appointing Australians like Saundry and it's not them investing in non performers like Alan Jackson.

Look within, it's the industry that's failing itself without any help from the government.

The Government appointed the Minister. The Minister appointed the Chair. The Chair tapped Bill on the shoulder.

Fact, they are on another Board together. It all adds up, whatever way you look at it!

Anyway Midget it doesn't matter, as you obviously have his ear, not as good as sis's, but certainly second best.

I am sure that you will have your input, on our behalf for the betterment of the batlers, stable staff, jockeys, trainers, punters and the owners big and small.

9 hours ago, Insider said:

The Government appointed the Minister. The Minister appointed the Chair. The Chair tapped Bill on the shoulder.

Fact, they are on another Board together. It all adds up, whatever way you look at it!

Anyway Midget it doesn't matter, as you obviously have his ear, not as good as sis's, but certainly second best.

I am sure that you will have your input, on our behalf for the betterment of the batlers, stable staff, jockeys, trainers, punters and the owners big and small.

Don't think I'll be bothering too much Liz, the system is so badly corrupted those within have come to believe this is the norm and that we're doing ok.

I do feel sorry for the hard working battlers, that's true, but I'm also aware that to some extent they don't help themselves so I'm not likely to waste my precious time trying to help them.