RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
eljay

Helen Clark at the U.N.

said on Q&A this morning

"I do not miss my old job"

Guess what Helen :tongue:

I think Helen is lying through her crooked teeth...

Mind you, I thought that most times it was my misfortune to see her when she had that old job...

Years and years of plenty - remember all the surpluses that Mr Cullen had? - and what did New Zealand have in the bank at the end of her tenure?

Smacks of sour grapes to me.

She will never get her head around the fact kiwis didn't want her thinking she new best about their lives, and rejected her well and truly.

She never stopped us talking on our cellphones while driving a car.

The idea was originally floated by her caucus.

Page 515 of their 2008 manifesto reads:

"We are also currently consulting on banning the use of hand-held cellphones while driving a vehicle"

You were going to get it regardless of who was elected.

Helen and Cullen left us with some right turds as going away presents though.

1. A massive ACC blowout which they were well aware of but chose not to reveal before the last election.

2. Cullen's train set which has been revalued to about half of what Cullen paid for it.

3. Working for Families which has entrenched welfare for the middle classes and will help our decline to eventual third world status.

One could add also add a welfare mentality from many of her supporters where its perceived that the governments role is to support bludgers, freeloaders, refugees, low lifes, criminals and other burdens on society on the basis it's never there fault.

Cheers guys.

Excuse the french, but also the turd that ultimately recycled and dropped on them from a great height.

The EFA.

That, I think, was the straw that finally broke the poor old camel's back, Hesi...

I was in Auckland the weekend they had that protest march down Queen Street against Herr Helen's frankly-undemocratic plans and the turnout was startling in its size...

She was on The News that night with her nervous little giggle (a sure sign she'd been caught out) trying to have us believe that she wasn't concerned and that she'd 'never be able to please that lot'...

I dunno, Helen, your 'I'm off!' speech on Election Night a few weeks later probably had them all very happy!

I was positively euphoric!

Helen and Cullen left us with some right turds as going away presents though.

1. A massive ACC blowout which they were well aware of but chose not to reveal before the last election.

2. Cullen's train set which has been revalued to about half of what Cullen paid for it.

3. Working for Families which has entrenched welfare for the middle classes and will help our decline to eventual third world status.

One could add also add a welfare mentality from many of her supporters where its perceived that the governments role is to support bludgers, freeloaders, refugees, low lifes, criminals and other burdens on society on the basis it's never there fault.

Cheers guys.

You presuppose several things to come to those conclusions, none of which are self evident facts but just based on your personal bias and philosophy.

1. ACC was not left with a massive blowout. There never has been the problem you claim. The so called problem depends on the philosophical model one supports. The original Woodhouse scheme was set up a pay as you go system which involved a trade off getting rid of the old workers compensation scheme which was litigious, unfair and only applied to a handful of people. It was was much more expensive than ACC ever has been (something many seem to have forgotten) and traded off the right to sue (which only really benefitted lawyers) with no fault compensation and comprehensive coverage and the most important aspect which everyone overlooks - health, safety education in the workplace and outside as well as rehabilitation.

What the current argument is really about is changing from a system where society accepts the responsibility for a comprehensive system and is prepared to fund it or the private insurance based model we had prior to 1973.

2. What the current book value of NZ Rail is irrelevant unless the intention is to sell it again. The real value is the cost to any country of not owning and controlling it's core central rail infrastructure. It should never have been sold in the first place - reformed and re-organised yes but not privatised. Rail is a cheap efficient means of passenger and freight transport that any country undermines or ignores at it's long term peril.

3.Working For families has been an important social addition to the social security system. The so called welfare mentality that government's role is to support bludgers, freeloaders, refugees, low lifes, criminals and other burdens on society is an invention by people like you who subscribe to what JK Galbraith called the contented society. Unfortunately not everyone has had the opportunity to experience that "contented " segment of society.

It has made a huge difference to many low income struggling families and also middle income earners who were finding things tough too, none of whom are "social welfare dependents, bludgers or lowlifes."

Refugees do not chose to deliberately get themselves caught in a conflict.

People like you have been predicting our decline to so called third world type status since the Old Age Pensions Act, The Hospitals Act eliminating the Poor Laws and work house, the Conciliation and Arbitration Act etc were passed by Liberal, Lib-lab and their Labour & Social democratic successors since the late 1800s to the present. The fact is it hasn't and won't happen but the return to laissez market policies we had before the late 19th century which is the type of social and economic policies you seem to support could do just that.

Smacks of sour grapes to me.

She will never get her head around the fact kiwis didn't want her thinking she new best about their lives, and rejected her well and truly.

The sour grapes seem to be in comments like yours, from people who wouldn't even be considered for such a key position at the world body. Even more so that countries like the USA are returning to it and accepting it is a better forum than consistently ignoring taking unilateral action as the previous administration did.

You presuppose several things to come to those conclusions, none of which are self evident facts but just based on your personal bias and philosophy.

1. ACC was not left with a massive blowout. There never has been the problem you claim. The so called problem depends on the philosophical model one supports. The original Woodhouse scheme was set up a pay as you go system which involved a trade off getting rid of the old workers compensation scheme which was litigious, unfair and only applied to a handful of people. It was was much more expensive than ACC ever has been (something many seem to have forgotten) and traded off the right to sue (which only really benefitted lawyers) with no fault compensation and comprehensive coverage and the most important aspect which everyone overlooks - health, safety education in the workplace and outside as well as rehabilitation.

What the current argument is really about is changing from a system where society accepts the responsibility for a comprehensive system and is prepared to fund it or the private insurance based model we had prior to 1973.

2. What the current book value of NZ Rail is irrelevant unless the intention is to sell it again. The real value is the cost to any country of not owning and controlling it's core central rail infrastructure. It should never have been sold in the first place - reformed and re-organised yes but not privatised. Rail is a cheap efficient means of passenger and freight transport that any country undermines or ignores at it's long term peril.

3.Working For families has been an important social addition to the social security system. The so called welfare mentality that government's role is to support bludgers, freeloaders, refugees, low lifes, criminals and other burdens on society is an invention by people like you who subscribe to what JK Galbraith called the contented society. Unfortunately not everyone has had the opportunity to experience that "contented " segment of society.

It has made a huge difference to many low income struggling families and also middle income earners who were finding things tough too, none of whom are "social welfare dependents, bludgers or lowlifes."

Refugees do not chose to deliberately get themselves caught in a conflict.

People like you have been predicting our decline to so called third world type status since the Old Age Pensions Act, The Hospitals Act eliminating the Poor Laws and work house, the Conciliation and Arbitration Act etc were passed by Liberal, Lib-lab and their Labour & Social democratic successors since the late 1800s to the present. The fact is it hasn't and won't happen but the return to laissez market policies we had before the late 19th century which is the type of social and economic policies you seem to support could do just that.

Whilst I agree the rail system should never again be privatised this does not excuse Cullen for paying way over the odds for the train set purchased from Toll.

All this did was transfer tax payer money into the hands of Australian investors.

Toll were struggling to get any sort of reasonable return on investment in NZ Rail and a better price should have been negotiated.

As to our decline into 3rd world status, a cursory look at our decline over the last 50 years down the OECD ranks will clearly show that's were we are heading.

I see no current economic policy or any political will under MMP to make the radical changes required to address that slide.

If ACC haven't had a budget blow out as you claim, then I guess the cut in services and increase in premiums is due to an anti motorcyclist faction in the current government.

If ACC haven't had a budget blow out as you claim, then I guess the cut in services and increase in premiums is due to an anti motorcyclist faction in the current government.

The only budget blowouts at ACC have been from those 'contracted to ACC'.

ACC recently signed a 6month contract with Stewart Watson, who was the 3rd Project Manager in the failed INCIS Police Computer bungle which cost us taxpayers a small fortune, as ACC's Manager of IT....

The other notable blowouts at ACC & where our ACC Levies have been mismanaged & spent by staff for "personal use" , including the ACC Senior Staff member who made over 5000 personal phone calls over 4months (that's 300 a week - 40 plus per day during working hours we are paying for) can be found throughout the following Client support forums.

http://www.accforum.org

http://www.accfocus.org

Like all forums you need to ignore the crap & look at the facts & reputable bloggers, which include Lawyers, former Police, IRD staff amongst others who have had successess on those forums.

Magnacarta is the person who had a victory for 65 plus people with Human Rights re ACC discrimination.