RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Jape

More Group success for Ray Adcock

There is no doubt that Friday night's racing at Addington belonged to the doyen of the greyhound  code, Raymond Harold Adcock, so aptly referred to often as "the master"..

First it was Ring The Bell who ran away with the Group 1 NZ Stayers' Cup and broke a very long-standing c2d class record in the process.

Then it was Tom Tee blitzing a very smart field in the Group 2 South Island Championship. Only Group 2, I note, but that is a topic for another day.

Finally Rosa Tee takes out the last race on the programme.

It was very gratifying to see Ray's achievement recognised in today's Press. An excellent article from Peter Fenemor and a photo of Ray, kennel hand Jordan Bryce, and the star of the show, Ring The Bell.

Well done indeed.

Mmmm. Could I have trained RTB to win the big one? Somehow I doubt it.

I had enough trouble looking after Trigger some years ago when Mark  was overseas. Trigger was getting on a bit but he still had some "go" in him. I believe he had the record for a staying race down south, presumably on grass. I was just happy to get him back to his kennel safe and sound.

Anyway, I can see how I could have escaped this duty in the extraordinary circumstance of the owners giving RTB to me.

"Sorry. No can do. I have to judge the race"