RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
sporty

Stathi Katsidis Passes away overnite

I couldn't believe the news when I heard it this morning. Terrible, simply terrible. One of my favourite jockeys and a wonderful rider. It's a real shame for the racing world especially at this stage of the spring carnival. Thoughts are with the family.

R.I.P Stathi.

lol im not thick just because you dont agree with me!

in my opinion you are retarded for having sympathy for a bloke that overdosed on drugs! If he was shot, or in a car accident or died of natural causes different story entirely. It was his decision, no one elses. if he doesnt want to keep breathing. let him be.

I guess because im a non drug user myself and fully against it, my sympathy is zilch.

If I drove 200kmph around the Karangahake Gorge you could expect me to crash and die. If I jumped out of a plane with no parachute you could expect me to die. If someone takes that amount of drugs you can expect them to die surely?

Lifes about decisions, he made poor ones.

Don't see much of a link between this and jumping out of a plane without a parachute. Without knowing the facts,

I doubt he wanted to take his own life.

At this stage it's just a suspected overdose, but there's probably a bit more to it than just taking a huge load of drugs. Given he's a jockey, his body would be under enormous stress with the riding and wasting, not to mention the huge amount of pressure. Stimulants set the heart alight and it might not have taken much to cause a heart attack or something.

My point is that just because he dabbled in drugs doesn't mean he deserved to die, as you seem to suggest.

Just drop off you.. cant you see everyone is not liking what you are spewing from your filthy mouth.. the family is surely devastated.. it does not need .. useless pieces of shyte as you rubbishing their son at this time.. have you no respect at all??yes you are entitled to your opinions but not in here....at this tragic time

Mate i suppose if ya do .OD..you normally go into cardic arrest...don't you..?..weather he took anything or not..time will only tell...but yeh as we all know he had a histroy of taking stuff..he could of even felt the pressure of cox plate day coming up...

Just drop off you.. cant you see everyone is not liking what you are spewing from your filthy mouth.. the family is surely devastated.. it does not need .. useless pieces of shyte as you rubbishing their son at this time.. have you no respect at all??yes you are entitled to your opinions but not in here....at this tragic time

I agree with you and others Scooby, what the hell does Bradez think he's doing?

Then companing with Antoni Dixon and Burton - those guys are murderers.

Bradez - Go and get a life you stupid, immature little wanker.

Don't see much of a link between this and jumping out of a plane without a parachute. Without knowing the facts,

I doubt he wanted to take his own life.

At this stage it's just a suspected overdose, but there's probably a bit more to it than just taking a huge load of drugs. Given he's a jockey, his body would be under enormous stress with the riding and wasting, not to mention the huge amount of pressure. Stimulants set the heart alight and it might not have taken much to cause a heart attack or something.

My point is that just because he dabbled in drugs doesn't mean he deserved to die, as you seem to suggest.

the second sensible post in reply to my opinion.

No where (i hope) have I suggested I wanted him to die. I dont. Its a huge loss for racing queensland. Its a huge loss for his family and his son will grow up without a father. who I have 100 % sympathy for them. The connections in the cox plate have their horse running for a few million dollars and now have to possibly put on a jockey who isnt familiar with the horse. It was a selfish decision to get on the gear to start with with. A simple google search can show what could happen (and happens far to often to be considered an accident if you dont come out the other side).

Every post on this thread has been on the basis that this is an overdose and he was either testing the limits or wasnt strong enough to stay clean after rehab.

Heart attack could easily have been brought on by drug use

yep. Not from drug use in 2008/2009 when he was suspended and sent to rehab?

he stated he was clean on the 15th of October.

Which was either

A) a lie

or

B) true and he lost the plot since then and called it a day!

Bradez - Go and get a life you stupid, immature little wanker.

lol, amazing reply.

im trying to get an opinion across (possibly started off terribly).

Theres no room for drugs any any community. If Stathi thought he was bigger than the game, bigger than the law, and thought hes invincable then hes pretty selfish to those around him.

If his death has nothing to do with drugs I take all of my comments back as I was responding on the basis that it was indeed a drug overdose. Drug overdoses are controllable and a decision you can consciencely make and say no too. Who does he think he is putting friends and family through that ?

I think your comments display a lack of understanding of addiction.

Anyway, this is terrible news. :( My thoughts are with his family and friends.

I would say Richard.

Tragic, tragic news on the eve of what would have been possibly the highlight of his career riding in the WFA Championship of Australasia.

R.I.P.

lol, amazing reply.

im trying to get an opinion across (possibly started off terribly).

I note when you quoted Sighted you cut out the bit where Sighted mentions you comparing Stathi to 2 murderers.

Based on that bit I don't think Sighted's reply is amazing at all. If anything he is understating what most of us are thinking about your amazing lack of intellect.

The "possibly started terribly" bit from you though is priceless. I must say you are much better at comedy than anything that attempts to be serious

is an absoloute tragedy, no child should have to grow up without a father and no parent should have to bury a child, My thoughts and preyers go out to his friends and family.

One must say though that a certain person in here should learn about respecting others, this is an open forum who knows who is reading it, I hate to lose a loved one for whatever reason then read some of the crap on this thread. Mr moderator any chance of cleaning up this thread????? some VERY disrespectful posts in here.....

Given the possible circumstances, I feel a fight for life match coming on. Bradez vs Katsidis (Michael). I would sell my house to get a ticket to that bout. What a class A wanker!!

What tragic news for the Katsidis family, and for the racing fraternity.

yep. Not from drug use in 2008/2009 when he was suspended and sent to rehab?

Yea he would have had to have taken something on the night or possibly very recently for it to have played any part(i.e. not way back then). That's assuming drugs were even involved, which hasn't actually been established yet.

In respect to overdosing in general, well yes I suppose it's avoidable if you simply don't take anything. But with recreational use there's a relatively small risk of an overdose...a risk that's largely brought about by inconsistencies in the drug (you don't know what could have gone into it).

Here's a question, do you sympathise with someone that has had too much to drink and dies as a result?

lol im not thick just because you dont agree with me!

in my opinion you are retarded for having sympathy for a bloke that overdosed on drugs! If he was shot, or in a car accident or died of natural causes different story entirely. It was his decision, no one elses. if he doesnt want to keep breathing. let him be.

I guess because im a non drug user myself and fully against it, my sympathy is zilch.

If I drove 200kmph around the Karangahake Gorge you could expect me to crash and die. If I jumped out of a plane with no parachute you could expect me to die. If someone takes that amount of drugs you can expect them to die surely?

Lifes about decisions, he made poor ones.

Its about respecting the dead.

You obviously have no morals or sense of decorum.

Here's a question, do you sympathise with someone that has had too much to drink and dies as a result?

Not really no.

I drink 4 nights a week most weeks. Ive never been in hospital or close to dying.

Obviously the day I start polishing off a bottle of vodka I am either A) crazy B) want to die C) selfish for those around me that would care if I die.

But I drink for enjoyment and im not breaking any laws buy doing so, I could argue my job drives me to drink as his job may drive him to take drugs. I still do it in moderation as I have self control.

If Stathi did in fact pass away from a drug overdose then he clearly showed no self control. Self control and honesty are both qualities that every human should or should strive to have.

From all reports the bloke had everything going for him.

His actions are inexcusable.

Brad... dude!

Regardless of how he died, it's never wise to crack jokes about it.

If it was a drug overdose, he was obviously battling some sort of issue etc etc..

Nothing to joke about. Show some respect man.

Not really no.

I drink 4 nights a week most weeks. Ive never been in hospital or close to dying.

Obviously the day I start polishing off a bottle of vodka I am either A) crazy B) want to die C) selfish for those around me that would care if I die.

But I drink for enjoyment and im not breaking any laws buy doing so, I could argue my job drives me to drink as his job may drive him to take drugs. I still do it in moderation as I have self control.

If Stathi did in fact pass away from a drug overdose then he clearly showed no self control. Self control and honesty are both qualities that every human should or should strive to have.

From all reports the bloke had everything going for him.

His actions are inexcusable.

Time and a place man, have you no decency???? Please stop posting your insensitive crap on here, t6hink what you like but do you have to post it?? I like most others in here Im sure am quite offended by your lack of respect for the dead (and just dead at that) Please just go away, you have voiced your opinion much to many peoples horror, there is no need to keep harping on about it.

Nothing to joke about. Show some respect man.

I show respect for those that have passed. Im not a monster.

I dont show respect for murderers that are dead. Nor rapists that are dead or people that effectively murder themselves (overdose on drugs) which is even more gutless.

I cannot believe no one understands where Im coming from. Even if you dont agree with me.

Do all you tossers believe in the after life and ghosts too ?