RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
aquaman

Dirk the Jerk.

Watched Dirks race from Otago yesterday, and was saddened to see him faulter over the finish line after such a brave race. My thoughts are with Jason. Have read the Stipes report from the meeting to see what the outcome was. And once again we have sanitisation going on at the highest level. These reports by the fooken Racing Idiot Unit are bordering on lies. They are carrying out policy from the NZGRA to hide and sanitise the real facts that are happening at all race meetings. I do not know what the outcome was for poor old Dirk, as the report is deliberately misleading. I assume poor Dirk was euthanised.

I believe this lieing in the reports will do untold damage later down the track. Have these morons leaned nothing from NSW's experience, appears not. Just feed the public feel good reports, and avoid at all costs the mention of euthanasia. These reports will be there to see for all time, and will come back to haunt them.

John. You can tell by looking in the stand downs if the dog wasn't stood down he was destroyed at the track. Pretty simple really. I tried to suggest to the board once about having a fund like a ACC fund for dogs injured while racing to cover surgery costs etc to hopefully lessen the destruction rate but they weren't interested. That was when petrol vouchers were given. I suggested using some of that.money for this fund  it wud be something tangible that wud show the industry cares about the casualties that inevitably. Come from racing dogs... where most of them really do.love to race.

10 minutes ago, Cantab52 said:

John. You can tell by looking in the stand downs if the dog wasn't stood down he was destroyed at the track. Pretty simple really. I tried to suggest to the board once about having a fund like a ACC fund for dogs injured while racing to cover surgery costs etc to hopefully lessen the destruction rate but they weren't interested. That was when petrol vouchers were given. I suggested using some of that.money for this fund  it wud be something tangible that wud show the industry cares about the casualties that inevitably. Come from racing dogs... where most of them really do.love to race.

Great idea

On 28/06/2017 at 9:38 AM, GOM said:

John Itis hard to see what the supposed effect will be further down the track but is not hard to see your post is unhelpful

Probably unhelpful and uncomfortable. But why put the industry in this position. The facts are, and they are there for all to see, that  there is a deliberate push from the industry at the highest level to mislead and pervert the Stipes report. They are wrong to do this as it threatens the entire racing industry. They are proving that they are not to be trusted, and cannot tell the truth.

When I read a Stipes report, I want the facts, warts and all, not some spin that will ultimately prove that they are trying to hide something. I deliberately read this Stipes report because I wanted to know the outcome for Dirk. Instead it gets buried because it does not suit their agenda, that being to hide the fact that a dog may have been euthanised. This is the very thing that NSW's was guilty of.

The thing that gets me is, whats to hide. All reasonable thinking people will, and do except, there is some risk in all sports and walks of life. In Greyhound racing there are risks, and some dogs get put down because of these risks, its a fact of life, so why hide it. We should be proud of the fact that very few dogs get put down at the track due to terminal injuries. So why the hell pervert the reports where no problem exists. All people that are part of Greyhound racing should expect that their Governing Body can be trusted to tell the truth, and walk a straight line.

I have rung Stipes, will not name them, after reading one of these misleading reports to enquire the outcome for a dog that was in their report as having been referred to the Vet, then no outcome, to find the dog was put down at the track, but they the Stipes were under instruction not to put this in their report. The last Stipe I spoke to regarding this said he she didn't like doing it, and it sat uncomfortable with them, but this was the policy from on high.

Hey, I say there are risks in every walk of life. With the number of dogs that get put down at the track due to injuries, would be very small considering the number of races that are held, and 90% of people will realise this. The Governing Body should not be seen to be perverting and misleading these reports to appease a small minority of nutters. We should be proud of the standard of Vet care we have at the tracks, and the fact that a dog is put down for humane reasons is a rarity.

Yes the information flow is absolutely rubbish.

To be honest I hardly bet on Greyhounds anymore, and cant see myself going back to punting over $1000.00 a week on them either

The racing has become boring, especially in the Central districts. I am not interested in betting on a race that has dogs racing three times a week and most of the runners are from the same kennel.

Dogs not chasing properly, a lot of slow dogs running around look poorly broken in.

5 hours ago, jimbob said:

Yes the information flow is absolutely rubbish.

To be honest I hardly bet on Greyhounds anymore, and cant see myself going back to punting over $1000.00 a week on them either

The racing has become boring, especially in the Central districts. I am not interested in betting on a race that has dogs racing three times a week and most of the runners are from the same kennel.

Dogs not chasing properly, a lot of slow dogs running around look poorly broken in.

Also notice recently that bald thigh syndrome has made a comeback in a big way lately....this condition disappeared for many years and it was a rarity to see a dog with no hair on its thighs but not now!!! Any reasons for this? Are the kennel size regulations to small? Or is it a much bigger issue?

2 hours ago, Slim Shady said:

Also notice recently that bald thigh syndrome has made a comeback in a big way lately....this condition disappeared for many years and it was a rarity to see a dog with no hair on its thighs but not now!!! Any reasons for this? Are the kennel size regulations to small? Or is it a much bigger issue?

Bedding can have a big part in this

4 hours ago, Slim Shady said:

really i thought you wasnt posting on here any more or are you just stirring trouble

8 minutes ago, gary1 said:

really i thought you wasnt posting on here any more or are you just stirring trouble

Fark silly me...i thought this was a discussion forum...my post is no different to many others currently on here and i dont see you questioning those...?

3 minutes ago, Slim Shady said:

Fark silly me...i thought this was a discussion forum...my post is no different to many others currently on here and i dont see you questioning those...?

it is a forum  dont need to ? anyone else but you said you werent posting on here anymore then all of a sudden you post just to stir trouble i wonder

Just now, gary1 said:

it is a forum  dont need to ? anyone else but you said you werent posting on here anymore then all of a sudden you post just to stir trouble i wonder

Gary are you trolling again??? Making it personal??? And Shady if you just come back to stir...piss off...cheers.

Just now, scooby3051 said:

Gary are you trolling again??? Making it personal??? And Shady if you just come back to stir...piss off...cheers.

i dont think so scooby just pointing out a fact i just think he was provoking trouble

1 hour ago, scooby3051 said:

What do you mean by "come back to shit stir"? If you look i never went anywhere! Actual fact will reveal that this entire forum "died" when you sent "gary1" (for lack of a more precise name) on holiday...oh why you wonder? is it because he is the stirring troll whose posts entice people to "bite back".? Clearly he must do something right

1 minute ago, Slim Shady said:

What do you mean by "come back to shit stir"? If you look i never went anywhere! Actual fact will reveal that this entire forum "died" when you sent "gary1" (for lack of a more precise name) on holiday...oh why you wonder? is it because he is the stirring troll whose posts entice people to "bite back".? Clearly he must do something right

Stop being like kids in the schoolyard... and if you don't like the rules...then...cheers.