RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
claude55

account withdrawals. yip how.

So wondering if anyone has a quick answer on how to make a withdrawal from your tab account on line. I rang the help desk who where no help at all. It should be an easy process. Topping up is so easy withdrawal is so hard. Maybe problem gambling association should be on to this quicker than a speeding bullet. Tab closing outlets everywhere so speedy withdrawals need to be addressed like yesterday.

33 minutes ago, claude55 said:

Well its fuckn bullshit. Someone in charge?? needs to sort this out. Its a huge issue and someone up there should be put in stocks or have shame painted on there face.

Agreed particularly given the trend towards pub tabs which sometimes struggle to pay out some staggeringly lower amounts. 

Most TAB 's have had training to give you an instant transfer to your EFTPOS   card with identification. I set this up about 12 months ago after frequent  complaints

expressed through this thread and many others.

Most Pukekohe /Waiuku/ Papakura / branches know how to do it.

The best TAB in the Northern region at TAIRUA ( Coromandel) 

was one of the first that  I experienced who could lob $ str8t into my eftpos account.

Smaller Bar TAB  staff probably haven't had the training. 

Stradivarious may rule again at DonnaLand.

44 minutes ago, Black Kirrama said:

Most TAB 's have had training to give you an instant transfer to your EFTPOS   card with identification. I set this up about 12 months ago after frequent  complaints

was one of the first that  I experienced who could lob $ str8t into my eftpos account.

It depends on what bank you are with as to whether it's instant or not. I'm not sure if pub tabs have the facility but someone may know. 

I think the frustration in the initial post was the fact you couldn't get funds transferred from your account online and even with eftpos credit you still have to visit a tab outlet. 

1 hour ago, Black Kirrama said:

Pretty sure it does not have anything to do with training in pub tabs be the fact they won't be linked straight to TAB bank account to do a refund. 

10 hours ago, jasonmccook1 said:

Pretty sure it does not have anything to do with training in pub tabs be the fact they won't be linked straight to TAB bank account to do a refund. 

Which means they would not be linked to the TAB account to do a deposit so that seems unlikely to be the reason.

I don't know why some persist with non-competitive outfits, especially when it comes to odds and service. All this crap about "wanting to support" the industry is nonsense. I went into a beautifully restored TAB outlet on a recent visit to Brisbane. No more terminals on the wall to look up. They had lookalike large iPad devices laying almost flat but with enough angle (about 1degree) to give you excellent vision. All TABs in Oz have their TAB chequebooks to pay you out. Cash is paid under $10k and any larger amounts by cheque - as long as you have photo ID. If you are betting with Ladbrokes, you can withdraw any amount up to $100,000 paid by EFT into your registered account, within 24hours. I think pubtabs may be a bit different for large amounts. But clearly, you having problems with NZTAB and it must be frustrating. Let me ask you this. "Would you keep buying bananas from a shop for $3.00/kilo, when the same item can be bought for $2/kilo from another retailer? " If you are happy with the service you get from your TAB - stay with them. But if you're not happy :( there are many many other attractive options to satisfy your needs. :) 

1 hour ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

Which means they would not be linked to the TAB account to do a deposit so that seems unlikely to be the reason.

No that not what I mean. Pub/Tabs have to bank all the money collected into a TAB  and their eftpos is a pub based eftpos where retail outlet has a TAB based eftpos

1 minute ago, jasonmccook1 said:

No that not what I mean. Pub/Tabs have to bank all the money collected into a TAB  and their eftpos is a pub based eftpos where retail outlet has a TAB based eftpos

Surely its just a matter of the sum total of various pluses and minuses.

23 minutes ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

Surely its just a matter of the sum total of various pluses and minuses.

not with the EFTPOS system ( I have worked at both retail and pub/tabs as a manager) and if the pub/tavern did EFTPOS reversal it comes out of the pubs bank account not TAB's so hence why retail are the only people that can do a eftpos refund as the eftpos is linked directly to TAB bank account

7 minutes ago, jasonmccook1 said:

not with the EFTPOS system ( I have worked at both retail and pub/tabs as a manager) and if the pub/tavern did EFTPOS reversal it comes out of the pubs bank account not TAB's so hence why retail are the only people that can do a eftpos refund as the eftpos is linked directly to TAB bank account

Clearly I am no accountant but this seems like an opportunity for Peter to rob Paul as I am sure has been the case with large cash withdrawls.

Peter aka Pub TAB and Paul aka Bar Takings.

Actually I am no more than a very average mathmatician so probably best ignored.

55 minutes ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

Clearly I am no accountant but this seems like an opportunity for Peter to rob Paul as I am sure has been the case with large cash withdrawls.

Peter aka Pub TAB and Paul aka Bar Takings.

Actually I am no more than a very average mathmatician so probably best ignored.

Yeah in theory but in pub/tab situation we would not do large withdrawal for that fact and would send the said person to a retail outlet

Avonhead Tavern in Christchurch will credit back to your bank account. They withdraw the funds from your voucher or TAB account and then process a credit via the eftpos machine using your eftpos card.

Their eftpos (in the TAB area) is linked to a separate account, if you withdraw money it comes up as NZ Racing Board. Not all pub Tab's may have this.

2 hours ago, Foaming said:

Avonhead Tavern in Christchurch will credit back to your bank account. They withdraw the funds from your voucher or TAB account and then process a credit via the eftpos machine using your eftpos card.

Their eftpos (in the TAB area) is linked to a separate account, if you withdraw money it comes up as NZ Racing Board. Not all pub Tab's may have this.

The 3 pubs in chch I worked in none had that facility good to note down for chch people though