Sign in to follow this  
JETSUN

NSW Appearance Payment/ Travel Allowance being extended.

20 posts in this topic

https://australianracinggreyhound.com/australian-greyhound-racing/new-south-wales-greyhound-racing/travel-allowance-to-be-introduced-for-nsw-non-tab-racing/88299/

NSW about to extend their travel allowance to all NON TAB meetings as well as the current payments per dog for TAB meetings. Note this is paid to every dog regardless of whether they win prize money. Currently every trainer receives $40 for the 1st dog and $20 for all others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What happened to our $40 , then reduced to $20  allowance..?? Then reduced and altered again,   What Happened to the  "Tier two" racing that catered for the dogs that G.A.P. cannot cope with..???     It's called Bigtime Racing N.Z. and the Bigtime owner that's  the Head of operations... It's a farce!!!,  and if not addressed will before too long, kill off the passion behind the real people that Love our Dogs,   That love to race    .. and the dogs that hope they will be rehomed..... Where was the new lady employed for "Head of animal Welfare"  today when at Wanganui all dogs were kept in conditions against the associations  ruling of maximum times to be kenelled?. Is she even aware of the rule that governs this.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JETSUN said:

https://australianracinggreyhound.com/australian-greyhound-racing/new-south-wales-greyhound-racing/travel-allowance-to-be-introduced-for-nsw-non-tab-racing/88299/

NSW about to extend their travel allowance to all NON TAB meetings as well as the current payments per dog for TAB meetings. Note this is paid to every dog regardless of whether they win prize money. Currently every trainer receives $40 for the 1st dog and $20 for all others.

jetsun nz doesnt compare to nsw  just look at tab turnover 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tryagain said:

What happened to our $40 , then reduced to $20  allowance..?? Then reduced and altered again,   What Happened to the  "Tier two" racing that catered for the dogs that G.A.P. cannot cope with..???     It's called Bigtime Racing N.Z. and the Bigtime owner that's  the Head of operations... It's a farce!!!,  and if not addressed will before too long, kill off the passion behind the real people that Love our Dogs,   That love to race    .. and the dogs that hope they will be rehomed..... Where was the new lady employed for "Head of animal Welfare"  today when at Wanganui all dogs were kept in conditions against the associations  ruling of maximum times to be kenelled?. Is she even aware of the rule that governs this.   

your dead right try and who supplies bigtime

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, greyhoundlover said:

Who supplies bigtime ? Bigtime breed all there own dogs. Anyone can do what he's doing if you've got the guts ????

Really? You have got to love the tall poppy syndrome of some people on here, quite sad honestly... they breed quality dogs and have quality brood bitch's which didn't happen overnight... just compare them to JMac's low quality breeding regime he's got going on, and in far greater numbers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Lowdown said:

Either way Cole's dominance is making C.D racing suck, that's my current feeling as a punter/casual observer. Just saying.

Why as a punter does it suck? Without Cole in the C.D the quality is shocking... their dogs are consistent as well, makes for good punting IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe if people stopped breeding from weak low grade sprinters and middle dis dogs, the big time kennels wouldn't be dominating like they are? Hes breeding from quality bitches (who he is putting to top quality stud dogs) and is being rewarded for it. I may not agree with his methods but hes certainly getting the job done. Rozo was right about breeding in NZ the other day. People  need to step their game up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, alltheway!!! said:

Maybe if people stopped breeding from weak low grade sprinters and middle dis dogs, the big time kennels wouldn't be dominating like they are? Hes breeding from quality bitches (who he is putting to top quality stud dogs) and is being rewarded for it. I may not agree with his methods but hes certainly getting the job done. Rozo was right about breeding in NZ the other day. People  need to step their game up.

So what are their percentages. Definitely dominating the lower grades but what are their percentages. Have say 15 or 20 higher grade dogs out of the say 300 pups born. What about the other 50%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back to the original topic. What do some of the Trainers out there think. Throughout NZ the horse codes regularly have races with smaller fields than us but pay prize money to the 1st 5 places with travelling/appearance payments on top. Australian greyhounds are paying it but we get a lousy $20 for 5th and 6th only. I believe this decision was based on the   huge amounts paid to 2 to 3 trainers with an unbelievable number of starters each year. What about all the others struggling to make a living or just cover costs.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that this  issue does need re addressing..I certainly miss the petrol vouchers if only to help keep the dogs I have in retirement.    I play by the rules to the best of my capabilities but without my pension I would have been  gone long ago. I don't mind getting beat fair and square either but in all honesty compared with todays costs versus what stake money is paid out ..It just doesn't balance up!!  Maybe a cap on the number of dogs per trainer per meeting that get a token allowance could help a little?....Clarkie  How are your Banjo pups coming along Gordy?     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Lowdown said:

Either way Cole's dominance is making C.D racing suck, that's my current feeling as a punter/casual observer. Just saying.

Tuesdays racing at wanganui , not a single Cole dog in, it was great watching the other trainers battling it out, Punting $$ on each race was good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BackPoonDrinkGoon said:

Why as a punter does it suck? Without Cole in the C.D the quality is shocking... their dogs are consistent as well, makes for good punting IMO.

Did you watch the racing on Tuesday at Wanganui? It was awesome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, BackPoonDrinkGoon said:

Really? You have got to love the tall poppy syndrome of some people on here, quite sad honestly... they breed quality dogs and have quality brood bitch's which didn't happen overnight... just compare them to JMac's low quality breeding regime he's got going on, and in far greater numbers.

They may be breeding  dogs better than Mac but does it really matter as they are really only good enough to race in nz the odd one may be able to win in Australia remember there still buying dogs to race in nz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, alltheway!!! said:

12 races where 11 of them were c1 sprints. Awesome is hardly the word I would use to describe that meeting

C1 sprints wasn't the point I was trying to make

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this