RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Level playing field

W C Norm positive test

1 minute ago, scooby3051 said:

Jason was completely right it was rumor when it was originally posted and everyone is innocent until proven guilty... so now he is guilty and will get punished as he should.

scooby the trouble with this is when a horse returns a positive everyone knows as its reported straight away the greyhounds dont do that and as for jason and all the doubters they knew those dogs returned a positive it was common knowledge thru out the greyhound fraternity the point is the results were positive     you dont have to be proven guilty   the dog is going to be disqualified anyway   they all use the meat excuse

6 minutes ago, alltheway!!! said:

Yes he had a positive. Obviously nothing malicious though. Doesnt take much meat to get a contamination

what a load of crap  dont you understand the rules jakey    present your dog drug free  end of story

30 minutes ago, gary1 said:

scooby the trouble with this is when a horse returns a positive everyone knows as its reported straight away the greyhounds dont do that and as for jason and all the doubters they knew those dogs returned a positive it was common knowledge thru out the greyhound fraternity the point is the results were positive     you dont have to be proven guilty   the dog is going to be disqualified anyway   they all use the meat excuse

I don't care at the time it was not public knowledge so it was unable to be proven... until it is able to be we won't allow rumor here.

Just now, scooby3051 said:

I don't care at the time it was not public knowledge so it was unable to be proven... until it is able to be we won't allow rumor here.

im not disagreeing but wouldnt you want to see things on a level playing field eg   thoroughbreds  and trotters make a positive known straight away

Just now, gary1 said:

im not disagreeing but wouldnt you want to see things on a level playing field eg   thoroughbreds  and trotters make a positive known straight away

Thats not whats being discussed in this thread...but yes of course it should be made public as soon as possible.

1 minute ago, scooby3051 said:

Thats not whats being discussed in this thread...but yes of course it should be made public as soon as possible.

agree but why should the greyhounds get a pass when theres a positive at the gallops you know about it straight away but at the dogs they dont publicise till its dealt with     in aust  at the dogs you know straight away why does nzgra feel they need to hide it

5 minutes ago, gary1 said:

agree but why should the greyhounds get a pass when theres a positive at the gallops you know about it straight away but at the dogs they dont publicise till its dealt with     in aust  at the dogs you know straight away why does nzgra feel they need to hide it

Maybe you should ask them... not fight about it in here...

5 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

Maybe you should ask them... not fight about it in here...

not fighting about it scooby just pointing out stupidity of it   level was ridiculed about his comments about his statement when everyone on here that replied saying he was wrong already you knew about  it      i was even told   about  it by my local publican 

1 hour ago, gary1 said:

well jason are all you doubters going to say sorry to level plus the ruling is a joke

Nothing to say sorry about I stand behind my comment as was not common knowledge and no I didn't know before,  hand on heart  only  knew about it when i read it on JCA website

30 minutes ago, jasonmccook1 said:

Nothing to say sorry about I stand behind my comment as was not common knowledge and no I didn't know before,  hand on heart  only  knew about it when i read it on JCA website

so your brother never told you

1 hour ago, Jape said:

The positives at the Nelson Harness meetings were certainly not revealed straight away by the RIU.

a one off     but they are published  before the hearings   and  it only took 4 weeks before it was made not like the dogs that hide the fact there has been a positive  and take 10 weeks to  hear it wheres the trans parency  and guess what jape how long are we going to keep believing in the old meat excuse

here you go jape no fines here perhaps the jca should take note

STEWARDS WRAP: KNACKERY MEAT LEADS TO MORE POSITIVE SWABS

Monday 6th June 2016 1:49 pm.Katherine Ernst

TWO Victorian trainers recently faced the Racing Appeals and Disciplinary Board (RADB) after being charged with breaches of the prohibited substance rule GAR 83 (2)(3).

Both trainers had greyhounds which returned positive urine samples to the drug Dehydronorketamine, a pain relief drug which is a metabolite of Ketamine.

The first trainer to face the board was Chris Darmanin, whose greyhound Aeroplane Tommy had shown the presence of the substance when competing at Ballarat on December 7, 2015.

Darmanin pleaded guilty to the charge and gave evidence that the source of the substance was most likely from the meat fed to the greyhound, which had been obtained from a pet food supplier.

Darmanin said he would be feeding his greyhounds human grade meat from now on.

Upon considering a penalty, the board was mindful of the evidence tendered at the hearing and that Darmanin had two prior positive swabs to the substance Procaine in 2009 and 2014 respectively.

The RADB subsequently handed down a six month disqualification, to commence on June 7, 2016.

The second trainer was Andrea Chapple, whose greyhound, Zoltina’s Legacy, returned a urine sample which showed the presence of Dehydronorketamine when competing at Ballarat on December 4, 2015.

Chapple also pleaded guilty and gave evidence that the substance was likely the result of being fed knackery meat from a pet food supplier.

Stewards considered Chapple’s guilty plea, her co-operation with the stewards and her lack of prior transgressions under the GAR and good character.

She was subsequently disqualified for three months, two months of which was suspended for 12 months, provided there are no further breaches of the rules in that period, with the disqualification commencing on June 7, 2016.

Aeroplane Tommy and Zoltina’s Legacy were also disqualified from their respective races.

4 hours ago, gary1 said:

a one off     but they are published  before the hearings   and  it only took 4 weeks before it was made not like the dogs that hide the fact there has been a positive  and ake 10 weeks to  hear it wheres the trans parency  and guess what jape how long are we going to keep believing in the old meat excuse

I thought the RIU had a  deliberate policy  of  not releasing details of positives. Give them a ring and they will probably neither confirm nor deny their neither confirm nor deny policy.

4 hours ago, what a post said:

I thought the RIU had a  deliberate policy  of  not releasing details of positives. Give them a ring and they will probably neither confirm nor deny their neither confirm nor deny policy.

only applies to the dogs