RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
kawiboy

DD Winning

Not being a big follower of trots,I wondered why this guy was a great driver.I watched some trots at Forbury where he drove about 5 winners.Every driver who drives against him should be suspended for 3 months for being such incompetent drivers.Near every race he raced to the front,pulled on the brake and sprinted on the turn.Those behind,running for 2nd.Or gets the lead,pass's up n trails an dashs along the rails.What woeful driving by the other mugs,maybe why he's happy to stay in NZ rather than venture into the hot beds of trotting,Oz,US,Canada?????????I am sure he wouldn't get such luxuries of dictating there????

Not very often you see him take the trail and use the passing lane at Forbury......he will normally try and get out before the corner and if he dosnt - he will go around the leader in the strait.

31 minutes ago, kawiboy said:

Not being a big follower of trots,I wondered why this guy was a great driver.I watched some trots at Forbury where he drove about 5 winners.Every driver who drives against him should be suspended for 3 months for being such incompetent drivers.Near every race he raced to the front,pulled on the brake and sprinted on the turn.Those behind,running for 2nd.Or gets the lead,pass's up n trails an dashs along the rails.What woeful driving by the other mugs,maybe why he's happy to stay in NZ rather than venture into the hot beds of trotting,Oz,US,Canada?????????I am sure he wouldn't get such luxuries of dictating there????

1 hour ago, kawiboy said:

Maybe you should start watching, and watch DD at  more venues. He is a world class reinsman , one of the best we have produced.

I am not saying he's not a champion,just the ease he drives to near lead and is not challenged by other drivers.My point is not DD, but the lack of initiative shown by other drivers.Good luck to him overseas.

21 hours ago, kawiboy said:

Make N0 mistake this guy is the real thing. !!

I have followed this game for a lifetime and he is the best since the late Maurice Holmes , having said that it's very difficult to compare the two as they represent different era's.

If there is the slightest of negatives it is perhaps that he has been so long at the top of his game that he is showing signs of being " extravagant " in the past three to four months.

Regarding Oz, USA , Canada he has probably been well advised that life is more than making money and fame and despite me living in the Nth Island the South Island is a heaven on earth.( IMHO )

DD is the best without a single doubt, but KAWI you are correct there is probably only 4 or 5 other drivers who are prepared to take him on, when he rolls to the front and lays back in the cart it is great to watch. He completely dominates most drivers and races, but even Dexter has average days, like the jewels but he still tries to put the horse in the race. When he drives down south using the Koru colours to benefit kids that is great .He supplies his own cart and is a gentleman to deal with, another thing is horses run for him with very little use of the whip. I believe he has a very clean driving record. If you are taking a quaddie, pick 6 or trifector you leave him out at your peril even if you think he is driving a rough one

He has only driven twice for me, once at the trials, once at Addington races and won them both. Harness racing needs people like DD, he has become a household name just like OP Bosson, M Coleman, Noel Harris etc

Yes he is good but uses a very simple formulae for any other driver to follow. Just go like shit to lead and then lead all the way or only hand up to Blair Orange or the allstars.

Get him on a grass track and his stats are very average because he can not dominate in those conditions like he can on a hard track.