RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rdytdy

Chocante

15 hours ago, Southland said:

And a 10/10 ride by Jim B.

not like his ride on Werther in the Queenland Derby 2 years ago

which was a 2/10

Its a great pity Danielle did not go over to ride it

1 hour ago, Trump said:

It's a loooong way from the Bris Cup to the Melb Cup. He'd have to go up a few notches. 

What about are you talking about Ernie?

Bart did it with Viewed not that loooong ago. ;)

Good strong win. Look forward to what the horse can produce in the Spring. 

8 minutes ago, CT said:

What about are you talking about Ernie?

Bart did it with Viewed not that loooong ago. ;)

Good strong win. Look forward to what the horse can produce in the Spring. 

Needs to improve lengths to be a chance... My opinion is Brisbane form this year especially could be very suspect in the spring...JMHO

CT, I'm talking about Chocante and 2200m at Doomben in which 70% of the field (incl the winner) carried min weight. Only 4 horses carried more than the min. Using Viewed as an example is interesting. He won the Bris Cup at Eagle Farm over 2400m, the first horse since Macdougal (3200m in1959!!) to do the double. The 2200m at Doomben is not a good guide and I don't think its even a qualifying race for the Caul Cup because it was less than 2400m. I was rapt in Chocante winning but as I stated, he will have to go up a few notches to win in Melb against the top Imports and Euro invaders over 2400/3200m. I hope he can do it. But don't use Viewed as a comparison - there is no comparison. Viewed won the Bris/Caul and Melb Cups.

3 hours ago, Trump said:

CT, I'm talking about Chocante and 2200m at Doomben in which 70% of the field (incl the winner) carried min weight. Only 4 horses carried more than the min. Using Viewed as an example is interesting. He won the Bris Cup at Eagle Farm over 2400m, the first horse since Macdougal (3200m in1959!!) to do the double. The 2200m at Doomben is not a good guide and I don't think its even a qualifying race for the Caul Cup because it was less than 2400m. I was rapt in Chocante winning but as I stated, he will have to go up a few notches to win in Melb against the top Imports and Euro invaders over 2400/3200m. I hope he can do it. But don't use Viewed as a comparison - there is no comparison. Viewed won the Bris/Caul and Melb Cups.

I'm just proving that the path has been forged before from Brisbane Cup to Melbourne Cup.

I thought his win yesterday was full of merit. Takes a good horse to lead from start to finish and he maintained a strong gallop from the 600 running through the finish line indicating he could easily run further. 

By a Melbourne Cup winning sire too.

Marsh should target a race like the Herbert Power and see if he can qualify him for the Cup. 

Will definitely be an interesting contender in the Spring.

56 minutes ago, CT said:

I'm just proving that the path has been forged before from Brisbane Cup to Melbourne Cup.

I thought his win yesterday was full of merit. Takes a good horse to lead from start to finish and he maintained a strong gallop from the 600 running through the finish line indicating he could easily run further. 

By a Melbourne Cup winning sire too.

Marsh should target a race like the Herbert Power and see if he can qualify him for the Cup. 

Will definitely be an interesting contender in the Spring.

But leave him alone he has enough mountains to climb already....:blink:

The Brisbane Cup was always the goal and if you took notice of his run before the bog, well weighted he looked a top chance.

They have a pretty high opinion of the horse and the fact he's coming straight home rather than going on to Caloundra or elsewhere tells you they will be getting him ready for some bigger targets in the Spring.

By winning the Cup, Marsh emulated the feat of his father Bruce who was successful with Marlon in 1986.

A trip to Melbourne for the spring carnival is on the agenda for Chocante who will spell after Saturday's win.

"We'll give him every chance to prove that he's up to that level and if he isn't right up to the very best there's a few tiers down that you can still run in for good money," Marsh said.

"We'll aim high and see where we get to." 

Yes Ohakason, it's good to see him go home. He's going to aim higher with him, so he'll need to target his program rather than do a "Sacred Elixir" and run him in every carnival. The Doomben 2200 win is a poor guide to the Melb Spring, but you can only win eh? I just hope that now Chocante has appeared in a post from the legendary Horsestopper that a hex is not on the poor animal. However, Chocante is probably safe from the curse because there's no way he will start even money ! :) but racing does turn up surprises ! 

20 hours ago, rumpole said:

its a great pity Danielle did not go over to ride it

Why was it a pity? She had a chance to ride it in the Counties Cup and decided on another mount. Why should the owners stay loyal to her.

7 hours ago, Trump said:

Yes Ohakason, it's good to see him go home. He's going to aim higher with him, so he'll need to target his program rather than do a "Sacred Elixir" and run him in every carnival. The Doomben 2200 win is a poor guide to the Melb Spring, but you can only win eh? I just hope that now Chocante has appeared in a post from the legendary Horsestopper that a hex is not on the poor animal. However, Chocante is probably safe from the curse because there's no way he will start even money ! :) but racing does turn up surprises ! 

I see we haven't seen Nurse Kitchen since you put the hex on her Ernie. :P

Legendary indeed. :lol:

On ‎10‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 7:02 PM, rdytdy said:

Great win by Chocante in the Brisbane Cup. :wub:

Well done Marshy in emulating his father Bruce who trained the winner Marlon in 1986. :) 

Was a geat win by Marlon, know Rob Mulcaster and the late Sticky O'Connor very well.Had a good punt.

Great win by Chocante , but no bet this time.

11 minutes ago, Trump said:

Nurse Kitchen - sold for $1.7m at Gold Coast Sales a fortnight ago. New owners obviously recognise class!

1.7m for a broodmare without a Group 1?! 

What would she have sold for if you hadn't put the hex on her in The Oaks? :o Peter would probably still own her. :lol:

Don't worry Ernie. Murray was rapt you tipped Nurse Kitchen. Made the win with Bonneval that much sweeter. :P